Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

HK/Bose Or After Market

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HK/Bose Or After Market

I'm thinking about getting the c350 2008. What should I get for the cleanest & loudest sound? Rainbow, MB Quarts, CDT, DLS, Focal, Diamiond Audio, Or the upgraded system from the factory. I really want my music loud. For Bass I'm thinking about a JBL W7 2 10, or 8 inches if they make them or 1 12"p I don't care about surround, but I may want a 3-way system all separate. http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/3993.html those look nice.

I mostly listen to salsa, merengue, bachata, & reggaeton. very little rap, rock, dance, trance. No metal.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:25 AM

just wondering, shouldn't german engineered speakers go in a german engineered car? Rainbow, Quartz
Old 09-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S600....Naked
I prefer Boston Acoustics...great stuff for the money.

Chris
Old 09-05-2006, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C200K (w204)
Where are u located?? Regarding your style of music, do you like the music to be bright (in your face) or laid back. Danish, German and Swedish speaker tend to sound laid back compare to Focal. Don't worry about upgraded OEM stereo, unless u driving a VW Passat which have a Dynaudio as their own OEM upgraded.
For loudness you'll need a really good aftermarket amplifier with enough juice.
Any reason why u opted for 3way system?? It's substantially harder to install and 2 way can sound as good given the right tuning. However, it's possible to install 3 way in a C class, as a matter of fact i have a photo of 3 way install on C class using Dynaudio.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n
Where are u located?? Regarding your style of music, do you like the music to be bright (in your face) or laid back. Danish, German and Swedish speaker tend to sound laid back compare to Focal. Don't worry about upgraded OEM stereo, unless u driving a VW Passat which have a Dynaudio as their own OEM upgraded.
For loudness you'll need a really good aftermarket amplifier with enough juice.
Any reason why u opted for 3way system?? It's substantially harder to install and 2 way can sound as good given the right tuning. However, it's possible to install 3 way in a C class, as a matter of fact i have a photo of 3 way install on C class using Dynaudio.
I'm located in miami. I really don't know the difference from bright or laid back. But I guess laid back as long as I can here every single instrument that's the reason i really wanted 3 way so 1 speaker won't work on too many frequencies at the same time. But if it sounds just as good with 2 way, and if i ever wanted to compete in SQ and 2 way works, I'm with that too. I know 3 way i need to make more holes in the car and what not, but I want it to be competition quality if I don't go with H/K. I'm willing to spend since I can get the products cheaper since my family owns a alarm/stereo shop. It's not hi end, I'll install elsewhere but buy at cost. And I do plan to dynamat most of the car. Oh back to laidback or bright I want whatever causes less ear fatigue. I have the problem that some systems get me tired. Thanks for all your input.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200K (w204)
Mettalic dome tweeter tend to cause bright sounding music, i personally don't really like it, but some poeple can't live w/o them, mettalic dome tweeter also has higher resolution on the upper frequency range compare to silk or fabric. Since u want less ear fatigue you'll love the silk dome better. Only a handfull of people know how to tune mettalic dome tweeter to not sound overly bright.

Since our car are designed with comfort in mind, i don't think Dynamat will yield a good result, the only part i would do is the door area and parcel shelf. Out of the brand u mentioned, i'll consider Rainbow, DLS, Diamond and higher end MB Quart (Quart tend to sound bright but). Try auditioning them first and see which one u like. Competition quality or not is all depends on the installation and tuning .
Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by W0n6_3d4n
Mettalic dome tweeter tend to cause bright sounding music, i personally don't really like it, but some poeple can't live w/o them, mettalic dome tweeter also has higher resolution on the upper frequency range compare to silk or fabric. Since u want less ear fatigue you'll love the silk dome better. Only a handfull of people know how to tune mettalic dome tweeter to not sound overly bright.

Since our car are designed with comfort in mind, i don't think Dynamat will yield a good result, the only part i would do is the door area and parcel shelf. Out of the brand u mentioned, i'll consider Rainbow, DLS, Diamond and higher end MB Quart (Quart tend to sound bright but). Try auditioning them first and see which one u like. Competition quality or not is all depends on the installation and tuning .
Thanks' man. You should know. You have one of the highest quality HU. Even though that's going to be my weakest component because I want http://www.alpinef1status.com/e/prod.../tmi-m990.html
the alpine iva d310 or something else like the avic z1, or eclipse idunno. Maybe the one that has the highest output voltage. THX for your help again.

Is there a difference between the luxury sedan and the sport sedan in terms of how quiet it's inside the car?
Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200K (w204)
I think the term sport sedan just differentiate the suspension setup and the bigger wheel (as far as current C class goes). The ride will suffer a bit due to suspension differences, could be more noise from the firmer shocks. Wider and low profile tyre will definitely produce more noise. FYI, my last E46 BMW has a spray on sound deadening for each wheel well, it really make considerable differences in term of noise intrusion (wheels size were the same as the current C class sport sedan). This spray on stuff feels like rubber when dried, might worth a try if reducing road noise is what u after.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:56 PM

yeah, i have to wait to test drive both. I like the body kit of the sport, and like the fact that they have gray leather on the luxury. I think the luxury may also have a smooth wheel I don't know if I would like it or not we'll see. Right now i'm driving a 99 c230 sport, that is my dad's. My sister has a chrysler 300 touring and she said that the steering in my dad's car is too hard. But to my the styling is a little more important than the steering. I think you can by the sport kit else where I'm not sure. And the sound is the most important thing to me overall. I want to feel like I'm home if I'm going to spend over 45k on a car.