Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Looking for a good stero installer in socal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007-E350
Looking for a good stero installer in socal

im looking to hook up a system but I'm still looking for an installer. i want somebody good that know's how to work on a Benz and just doesn't say they know how to work on one when they really have no clue of what they are doing. price wise doesn't really matter to me just as long as they don't charge me triple of what they job is worth.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:00 AM

In the same boat, bro. looking looking looking...
Old 04-03-2007, 01:34 AM

+1
Old 04-03-2007, 02:24 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
In Irvine, Gold Star Audio...I only go to them for my work, and they did an awesome job on my dad's Ferrari...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by OCKlasse
In Irvine, Gold Star Audio...I only go to them for my work, and they did an awesome job on my dad's Ferrari...
Pics?
Old 04-03-2007, 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 E300 TD
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
I agree my friends S 500 had its stereo taken out by Gold Star, and they installed a double din touchscreen setup. They charge a little high, but they know there way around a Mercedes. I'd recommend them as well.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by lxl_josh_lxl
I agree my friends S 500 had its stereo taken out by Gold Star, and they installed a double din touchscreen setup. They charge a little high, but they know there way around a Mercedes. I'd recommend them as well.
around how much did they charge exactly?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by MR_560SEC
im looking to hook up a system but I'm still looking for an installer. i want somebody good that know's how to work on a Benz and just doesn't say they know how to work on one when they really have no clue of what they are doing. price wise doesn't really matter to me just as long as they don't charge me triple of what they job is worth.

you're asking for two different things...(price doesnt matter but i dont want to spend too much...)

while there are a few places that do excellent aftermarket work on high end vehicles there are a very small number of places that have the technical ability to work with the mercedes electronics. if you just want some basic work like radar installs and phone wiring then there are a number of good shops that will do just fine (like gold star). if you want something special or custom or out-of-the-ordinary then its going to cost...

a perfect example is the call that i get every month of so asking for remote starter on any newer smart-key based mercedes. i try to tell the client (as nicely as possible) that yes it will work.. no you will not get a bunch of errors. no it will not void your warranty... *but* its pretty expensive... even by mercedes standards... there is *alot* of custom engineering involved. at this point the client always says something like "well price isnt an issue"....

needless to say when they get the written estimate i usually keep smelling salts nearby.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by rob13572468
you're asking for two different things...(price doesnt matter but i dont want to spend too much...)

while there are a few places that do excellent aftermarket work on high end vehicles there are a very small number of places that have the technical ability to work with the mercedes electronics. if you just want some basic work like radar installs and phone wiring then there are a number of good shops that will do just fine (like gold star). if you want something special or custom or out-of-the-ordinary then its going to cost...

a perfect example is the call that i get every month of so asking for remote starter on any newer smart-key based mercedes. i try to tell the client (as nicely as possible) that yes it will work.. no you will not get a bunch of errors. no it will not void your warranty... *but* its pretty expensive... even by mercedes standards... there is *alot* of custom engineering involved. at this point the client always says something like "well price isnt an issue"....

needless to say when they get the written estimate i usually keep smelling salts nearby.
Who are you, where are you located, what is the name of your shop and do you have a website?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:15 AM

06 E55
Traffic Jamz in Encino...talk to Frank.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:32 PM

Traffic Jamz seems pretty good. Has anyone heard of *Phantom Electrinics* I went to their store today. The guy there was recommending CDT and Clarion, which I got a chance to listen to. Told me to install speakers, amp and labor I'm looking at around 2 grand...

No head unit for me. I'm putting in a CarPC from Xenarc.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by isamu
Who are you, where are you located, what is the name of your shop and do you have a website?

im actually not in CA...im in the midwest (chicago)...
Old 04-09-2007, 12:36 PM

Ah I see.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:42 PM

Try Reus systems. The install country wide but are located in Orange County. If you want a system that is clean, sounds great and doesn't take up your whole trunk, they do a great job. Check out the review I wrote on this site. They installed a system in my SL and I wouldn't change it if someone paid me. If you do a search, you'll find lots of positive feedback.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by ElanMike
Try Reus systems. The install country wide but are located in Orange County. If you want a system that is clean, sounds great and doesn't take up your whole trunk, they do a great job. Check out the review I wrote on this site. They installed a system in my SL and I wouldn't change it if someone paid me. If you do a search, you'll find lots of positive feedback.
Thanks. Where in Orange County exactly? Anaheim? Santa Ana? And do you know if they install carPCs?
Old 04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Try
Rodeo Auto Accessories Inc
21040 Ventura Blvd
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
(818) 887-6336
they did some excellent work in my friends' cars.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:31 PM

2007-E350
I seen this at caliber motors in anaheim, they installed it into an e-class but i never had a chance to hear the system. i think the dealer mark up on the window was $2000. so im guessing if you go direct maybe around $1200-1500.

what exactly did they do to your SL ? and how much did they charge you ?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 AM

Would you mind posting a direct link to their page, as well as your review?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:43 PM

99' E320 62,000+ miles & counting
I just put my order in toeay.

Originally Posted by isamu
Would you mind posting a direct link to their page, as well as your review?
http://www.reusaudio.com/

I have upgraded my head unit a while back from the stock to Nakamichi CD-400. For the past few weeks I was on the market shopping for a new sound system.

I have auditioned the following in the past 7 days:

Audison w/Focal spkr Mid & High. Focal Bass.
Audison w/DynAudio spkr Mid & High. JL Bass.
Heleix w/Heleix Speaker w/Free Air Bass
Phonex Gold w/Focal Mid & High, JL Bass
SoundForge-Frosgate w/Focal Mid & High. JL Bass.
SoundForge-Frosgate w/Boston Acoustic. JL Bass.
Reus System

CD Used: Sarah Brightmen "Classic". Track 2 for vocal & Track 3 instrument & bass.

The estimated price for all the systems above range from 3000+ to 6k+; Installation work is quoted from basic tearing out the stock unit and use space of the stock system to show pieces that req. fiber glass molding, pixie glass & neon light. Work day required to complete the work range from 1 afternoon to 5 working days. With the exception of Reus System, most system required taking out spare tire and will use some trunk space to install the system.

Reus System
According to Rick, Reus system has 4 different levels; system price including labor starts from $1999 & up + Tax.

My wife & I have audition the Reus system in 2001 E55 AMG w/Stock HU & Resus system (sound tuned to reflects Big band/Jazz type of music). This is the 2nd level system $3999 and Acura (Not yet tune to Rap/pop) was the entry level system @ 1999.

Both vehicles’ sound stage is right in front of you. Using the CD that we brought , the system sound is clean & balance for the most part.

The high on the E55 AMG is a little bright and the bass is not as tight as I like. The Bass on the Acura on the other hand is tighter but still on the muddy side and the high is almost right with a little roll over. The mid is not as clean and clear as we'd like.

After talking with the owner Rick, we were promised that all sound can be tune to our preference with the changing of the capacitor in the Reus system. And both of the vehicles that we listen to all have their own character and were impressive enough that enables my wife and I to put down a deposit on the spot.

As we were getting a printed invoice, it turns out that, the 2nd level system is on special and the sale price is the same as the 3rd level system ($2999+Tax). The catch is, in order to secure this price; we will have to pre-paid the whole invoice. My wife was a little uncomfortable of paying the whole thing upfront, since all other shops that we have been to all asked for a deposit and the balance is due upon work completion and customer satisfaction.

Customer Service.
Up to this point, the customer service is exceptional. Rick spend a little over an hour audition the systems with us, explaining and demonstrating the difference in the speaker and demonstrated the differences between Focal and DynAudio which were the 2 speakers I liked. He also spending time finding out the type of music we listen to, inspect our current stock system, and make suggestions and recommendations on the system.

Usually, Reus Systems is not open on Sunday. But since I drove down to City of Orange twice a week, he will actually come in 8:30 am in the morning for me to drop off the vehicle Sat. 07/28/07. We should have the vehicle back on 08/01/07.

Rick is also very nice in offering to fine tune the system on the day that we pick up the vehicle with 10 of our favorite CDs, so we can get the best listening experiences out of this single system.

Rating.
Sound: 8 out of 10 before tune to personal preference
Customer Service: 10 out of 10
Workmanship: Will review after work completion.
Price paid: $3xxx for level 2 system w/upgrade of the 2 front speakers to the level 1.
Value: 10 out of 10.

Oops. Here are the address. For some reason, it is not listed in their website.
1036 W Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 633-6636
(800) 276-8865

Last edited by dn54168; 07-25-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by dn54168
http://www.reusaudio.com/

I have upgraded my head unit a while back from the stock to Nakamichi CD-400. For the past few weeks I was on the market shopping for a new sound system.

I have auditioned the following in the past 7 days:

Audison w/Focal spkr Mid & High. Focal Bass.
Audison w/DynAudio spkr Mid & High. JL Bass.
Heleix w/Heleix Speaker w/Free Air Bass
Phonex Gold w/Focal Mid & High, JL Bass
SoundForge-Frosgate w/Focal Mid & High. JL Bass.
SoundForge-Frosgate w/Boston Acoustic. JL Bass.
Reus System

CD Used: Sarah Brightmen "Classic". Track 2 for vocal & Track 3 instrument & bass.

The estimated price for all the systems above range from 3000+ to 6k+; Installation work is quoted from basic tearing out the stock unit and use space of the stock system to show pieces that req. fiber glass molding, pixie glass & neon light. Work day required to complete the work range from 1 afternoon to 5 working days. With the exception of Reus System, most system required taking out spare tire and will use some trunk space to install the system.

Reus System
According to Rick, Reus system has 4 different levels; system price including labor starts from $1999 & up + Tax.

My wife & I have audition the Reus system in 2001 E55 AMG w/Stock HU & Resus system (sound tuned to reflects Big band/Jazz type of music). This is the 2nd level system $3999 and Acura (Not yet tune to Rap/pop) was the entry level system @ 1999.

Both vehicles’ sound stage is right in front of you. Using the CD that we brought , the system sound is clean & balance for the most part.

The high on the E55 AMG is a little bright and the bass is not as tight as I like. The Bass on the Acura on the other hand is tighter but still on the muddy side and the high is almost right with a little roll over. The mid is not as clean and clear as we'd like.

After talking with the owner Rick, we were promised that all sound can be tune to our preference with the changing of the capacitor in the Reus system. And both of the vehicles that we listen to all have their own character and were impressive enough that enables my wife and I to put down a deposit on the spot.

As we were getting a printed invoice, it turns out that, the 2nd level system is on special and the sale price is the same as the 3rd level system ($2999+Tax). The catch is, in order to secure this price; we will have to pre-paid the whole invoice. My wife was a little uncomfortable of paying the whole thing upfront, since all other shops that we have been to all asked for a deposit and the balance is due upon work completion and customer satisfaction.

Customer Service.
Up to this point, the customer service is exceptional. Rick spend a little over an hour audition the systems with us, explaining and demonstrating the difference in the speaker and demonstrated the differences between Focal and DynAudio which were the 2 speakers I liked. He also spending time finding out the type of music we listen to, inspect our current stock system, and make suggestions and recommendations on the system.

Usually, Reus Systems is not open on Sunday. But since I drove down to City of Orange twice a week, he will actually come in 8:30 am in the morning for me to drop off the vehicle Sat. 07/28/07. We should have the vehicle back on 08/01/07.

Rick is also very nice in offering to fine tune the system on the day that we pick up the vehicle with 10 of our favorite CDs, so we can get the best listening experiences out of this single system.

Rating.
Sound: 8 out of 10 before tune to personal preference
Customer Service: 10 out of 10
Workmanship: Will review after work completion.
Price paid: $3xxx for level 2 system w/upgrade of the 2 front speakers to the level 1.
Value: 10 out of 10.

Oops. Here are the address. For some reason, it is not listed in their website.
1036 W Collins Ave
Orange, CA 92867
(714) 633-6636
(800) 276-8865
Thanks. I also spoke to Rick yesterday and came off as a fairly knowledgeable guy. The labor cost at $150/hr is a bit out my range however. All I am looking to have done is install a Soundgate Almbaux in the trunk, and connect a mini PC and run a VGA cable to the front dash. Nothing too extraordinary. I'll keep checking around...