Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
eddieo45, thank you for the detailed feedback. I am going to add a note specific to the CLK in the earlier writeups, referencing your experience.

OOPS. Can't go back and add in MBWorld. Added to the Guide on BenzWorld and on MBCA.

Last edited by Skylaw; 07-12-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
Hey there,

I have an 03 c32 amg. I have command nav and v60 cradle. I got ahold of a bmw puck, and i was able to pair it with my phone. Car would say no telephone. After turning car off, and then coming back to car later, it would say initializing phone, but would just stay that way. If I would make a call manually, the other person could hear me while it was on bluetooth, but thats it.

any ideas? I was told the bmw v60 puck is the same as the mb one? or is that false? Also, is my PSE most likely outdated? I dont even know where to check that, or where to start in order to get my iphone 4 to work in my car.

Please help me out guys!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You're not the first person to report problems with using a BMW puck in a Mercedes, based on rumor.

I won't even begin to speculate what the problem is, whether mismatch between the puck and car, or older Bluetooth core and handsfree profiles. The post on compatibility in this thread should have given some hints.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
09 C63 AMG, 05 C55 AMG
What advice can you give me on what to check/do in order to get it to work?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Use the equipment discussed in the posts for Bluetooth for your model year. Quit fooling around with mismatched equipment. Use a compatible phone - and right now there is a problem getting phone book downloads with iOS4. Wait for an update, and hope it fixes things. And note that the iPhone was never certified with the MB V60 puck, although systems prior to iOS4 did in fact work. I have no idea what to do about BMW's puck, this is a Mercedes forum.

Nothing else I can tell you.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

DROID X - pairs, Voice OK, no phone book download with MHI puck 5878

After using a Verizon V710 plug-in for the past 5 years, I decided to give the new Motorola Droid X a try today. We used the demo phone one of the sales staff had. Short answer - pairs fine, voice transmission and reception are OK, no phone book download.

First, I disconnected my V710 MHI cradle, and cleared out the phone book (most of it had cleared out, but a few numbers remained that required manual clearing). I made sure my V710 was turned off, so it wouldn't pair with the Bluetooth puck when I connected it (I have paired the V710, which is both a plug-in and a Bluetooth phone, with that puck in the past). My puck is the 5878 version, which has the same firmware (I believe) as the 6131 puck.

Pairing went fine; COMAND gave proper indications, and went to the "Now Downloading" message for the phone book. There was only one number in the Droid X phone book, that we placed there for this test. However, that number did not download.

The message on the Droid X screen read "Connected Mercedes Bluetooth audio." The sales person then explained that the version 2.1 firmware the Droid X uses "does not function well with Bluetooth; it's a great web phone, but not so much with Bluetooth. In fact, using it with a Bluetooth headset, you cannot tap the headset and talk. We expect that will be fixed with version 2.2 in about 6 weeks."

That tells me there is something very wrong with the Droid X HFP implementation, frankly. Maybe they'll get it fixed. Maybe not. But my trusty V710 and cradle went back in place, and the Droid X went back to the store.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

iPhone 4 Information

Please see http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...formation.html for a fuller discussion of documented problems with the iPhone 4, and solutions.

However, I collared one of the sales staff at our local Apple store today; with some cajoling they let him take the store demonstrator to both of my cars and try it out. Here are the results.

With the '05 S500 (MHI phone system and Bluetooth puck B6 787 5878): Pairing was perfect, and a 350+ entry phone book downloaded fine. Phone book scrolling and paging was fully functional. Here was the surprise: Multiple phone number entries under one name showed as separate entries labeled home, work, etc! The name was repeated for each entry, then the number and type of entry. That's far better than I have seen with many Bluetooth setups in my MB. Voice quality was excellent on both ends.

Unfortunately, I neglected to try out the A2DP function (stereo music over Bluetooth) in the S500. However, I did plug the phone into my Dension Gateway 500 iPod adapter, and it worked as both a music player and as a phone; incoming calls paused music, and music resumed when the call ended. Same for outgoing calls. The iPhone responded to steering wheel controls and COMAND controls when plugged in. I would anticipate the same with an MB iPod kit, but don't have one to try out.

There were a number of additional menu choices when paired with the S-Class - contacts, dialed calls, missed calls and so forth. I did not have time to check these out fully, but it was good to see the choices available.

PLEASE NOTE: I have not tried the iPhone 4 with the V60 puck, with the first series of MHI puck (B6 787 5839), or with built-in Bluetooth systems that started appearing in some '09 and later models. I cannot say that it will work the same with those systems. However, MHI puck BQ 6 787 6131 is electronically the same as 5878, and uses the same Bluetooth firmware. It should work as described above.

Also: Some of the problems reported with iOS4 breaking phone book downloads seem to be from owners of previous generation iPhones (3GS and earlier) that have upgraded to iOS4. Those phones use a different chipset than the iPhone 4. I don't have further information, except for the recommendation to completely re-pair the phone to get a phone book download. We'll be very interested to hear from you to see if that works.

With the '78 450SL (Alpine head unit with an external Parrot-manufactured Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth/iPod integration unit): Again, pairing and phone book download were perfect. Phone book scrolling worked just fine. This time I did try A2DP, and it worked well. l. Unfortunately, control of the iPhone is not possible from the head unit with the current iPhone A2DP implementation; you must use the iPhone controls. It is an iPhone limitation, not an MB equipment limitation, and OS updates may provide the function in the future.

However, when I plugged the iPhone into the iPod connector for the Alpine, sound quality was immediately better than with A2DP; and the iPhone could be controlled from the head unit. As with the S-Class, when connected to the iPod connector, incoming calls would pause music, then resume it when the call was completed.

The additional menu selections under the phone book were not present with the KCE400BT unit.

I could not fully check voice quality over the Alpine unit because of a microphone malfunction in my 450SL; I verified that it was occurring with my setup because the exact problem occurred with the phone I have been using (successfully) with that system. I must check my mic connections. However, call quality was excellent between 2 phones (not over Bluetooth).

Anyway, I have ordered the iPhone 4, but must wait a while like everyone else. Will write more once it comes in.

Last edited by Skylaw; 07-21-2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, Here's An Update on the iPhone 4 and iOS4

I'm sorry to repeat so much of what is above, but I can no longer make changes to (edit) the preceding post. Rather than bouncing you back and forth between two posts, here's the whole thing.

In the '05 S500 (MHI phone system and Bluetooth puck B6 787 5878):

1) Pairing: Pairing was perfect.

2) Phone Book/Contacts: When I did the initial test with the Apple store's phone the 350+ entry phone book downloaded fine; so did the 40+ entry phone book on my phone. Phone book scrolling and paging were fully functional (see first photo below; the selected number has been blanked out by the yellow rectangle). Here was the surprise: Multiple phone number entries under one name showed as separate entries labeled home, work, etc! The name was repeated for each entry, then the number and type of entry. That's far better than I have seen with many Bluetooth setups in my MB. (NOTE: I noted this with the Apple store's phone; my own contacts are not set up this way yet, because my older phone would not display the multiple numbers properly). When I first downloaded my own phone book, the sort was out of order; I changed the sort order in the contacts list, and it then showed as alphabetical by first name, as I prefer it to be. Contacts, dialed calls, and missed calls showed on the COMAND screen when I was in the "TEL" function. Of course, the selection being dialed shows on the multifunction display (second photo).

3) Voice quality: Excellent on both ends.

4) A2DP: I was unable to bring up a selection allowing for A2DP (stereo music over Bluetooth) in COMAND, nor was I able to play music over Bluetooth in the S500. It is possible that the B6 787 5878 puck itself supports A2DP, and my '05 COMAND does not; I would not be surprised if some of you report that newer generation COMANDs using that puck support A2DP.

5) Use as a music player: I plugged the iPhone 4 into my Dension Gateway 500 iPod adapter (third photo), and it worked as both a music player and as a phone; incoming calls paused music, and music resumed when the call ended. Same for outgoing calls. The iPhone responded to steering wheel controls and COMAND controls both as a Bluetooth phone and as a CDC or iPod when plugged in, and the song title and artist displayed just as they do with an iPod connected (photo 4; note the fact that the iPhone is connected, instead of an iPod, is apparent in photo 4). I would anticipate the same with an MB iPod kit, but don't have one to try out. Also, the iPhone is slightly narrower, but a bit longer than the Gen 5.5 iPod I use in the S500 (compare photo 3 to photo 5). However, there is still room for it to fit nicely in my console, if I choose to use it there; and it will charge from the connector that the Gen 5.5 iPod uses.

6) PLEASE NOTE: I have not tried the iPhone 4 with the V60 puck, with the first series of MHI puck (B6 787 5839), or with built-in Bluetooth systems that started appearing in some '09 and later models. I cannot say that it will work the same with those systems. However, MHI puck B6 787 6131 is electronically the same as 5878, and uses the same Bluetooth firmware. It should work as described above.

7) Some of the problems reported with iOS4 breaking phone book downloads seem to be from owners of previous generation iPhones (3GS and earlier) that have upgraded to iOS4. Those phones use a different chipset than the iPhone 4. I don't have further information, except for the recommendation to completely re-pair the phone to get a phone book download. We'll be very interested to hear from you to see if that works.

8) According to Apple tech support, "face calling" is caused by one of two things. There is a proximity sensor located next to one of the speakers on the front of the phone. When it senses one's cheek (or whatever) close by, it freezes the screen controls to avoid inadvertent disconnects and calls. When there is a problem with this sensor, all kinds of odd events can be triggered by the "live" screen - such as terminating the call you're on, and placing a call to someone else in your phone book. One cause of the problem is a software "glitch" that is cured by connecting to iTunes, and restoring the phone's firmware. This is not a defect or bug in iOS4; it would be something becoming corrupted along the way. The other cause of the problem is a defective proximity sensor; in that case, Apple will replace the phone.

"Face calling" is not unique to the iPhone; it can happen to any phone having a touch screen, if the proximity sensor fails.

9) Regarding the antenna problem, of course Apple has come up with its "bumper" case solution. Frankly, you can solve the problem by covering the gap between the antennas with a 1" long piece of electrical tape, if you don't want the additional bulk of the bumper. The tape will keep your finger(s) from shorting the antennas.

In the '78 450 SL (Alpine CDA 9886 head unit with an external Parrot-manufactured Alpine KCE-400BT Bluetooth/iPod integration module): Again, pairing and phone book download were perfect (but phone book download is slower; I suspect that is because it is also downloading music information at the same time). Phone book scrolling worked just fine. The Alpine unit allows for A2DP, and it worked well. Unfortunately, control of the iPhone is not possible from the head unit with the current iPhone A2DP implementation; you must use the iPhone controls. It is an iPhone limitation, not an MB equipment limitation, and OS updates may provide the function in the future.

However, when I plugged the iPhone into the iPod connector for the Alpine, sound quality was immediately better than with A2DP; and the iPhone could be controlled from the head unit. As with the S-Class, when connected to the iPod connector, incoming calls would pause music, then resume it when the call was completed. The iPhone charges from the unit as well.

The additional phone book menu selections (dialed calls, missed calls, etc.) were also present with the KCE400BT unit, but of course they are displayed differently that on COMAND.

Voice quality over the Alpine unit was also excellent, once I repaired the mic connection in the 450SL..

Although the iPhone was out of stock when I posted the first iteration of this writeup, it only took 3 days to arrive via the Apple store - not the 2 to 3 weeks shown on the AT&T website. And, the notorious antenna problem has not surfaced for me. So far, in my signal area, it has been a non-problem.
Attached Thumbnails 1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH-dsc_6553.jpg   1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH-dsc_6556.jpg   1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH-dsc_6550.jpg   1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH-dsc_6557.jpg   1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH-dsc_6563.jpg  

Last edited by Skylaw; 07-28-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 S550 4matic
universal PSE

Originally Posted by Skylaw
Whether your car has a phone system installed, or you are adding one for the first time, the necessary equipment is the same. The difference is that if you never had a phone system, your car will have to be “version coded” after the equipment is installed; and you may have to install brackets, and fuses.

The short version of the upgrade path for these cars is that you will replace the PSE with an Autosense version (if you don’t already have one), and then install the Mercedes V60 cradle kit (not an aftermarket cradle) for your car (alternatively, you may install the new Universal PSE mentioned below, with the "Cradle eliminator" cord). Then, add the Bluetooth puck from AWS (Welcome to AWS for Mercedes-Benz). Note that some Mercedes literature refers to the "puck" as the "V60 cradle adapter." They are one and the same.

The first step when upgrading is to check the equipment you already have, including the Portable Support Electronics (PSE) and the phone cradle. If you purchased a preowned car, prior owners may have made changes. The most important part of the upgrade is the PSE. The PSE part numbers are as follows: StarTac PSE has part numbers Q 682 0460 or 9460, SYN 0234 A or B; the TimePort PSE has Q 682 0648 or 9648 (I don't know its SYN); and an Autosense has numbers Q 682 0754, SYN 9266A or B. The straight V60 PSE had numbers Q 682 0845, or 0886, SYN 9266B. The "Q" numbers may also show "BQ" (BQ 682 etc.) Since MB often upgrades equipment midstream in a production year, the best way to determine what you have is to take it out and look at it, per the phone bulletins. If you have a StarTac or Timeport PSE, you will have to replace your PSE with the “Autosense” version.

Contributor Vrodman tells us that the Autosense PSE PN Q682 0754 has been replaced by a "Universal PSE" PN Q682 0971 and it was only $208. You may use this new PSE instead of the Autosense PSE - and it costs much less.

You will need a V60 cradle (or the new Cradle Eliminator, below). If you decide on a cradle, there are several approaches. The most successful is to use the newest cradle, part # BQ 682 0925, made for the V60S phone. The V60S phone was larger than other V60 models, and required a larger cradle. Contributors have reported that in some cases, use of the older cradles caused poor contact with the V60 puck, resulting in echo and sometimes dropped calls. However, the cradle is made with FAKRA connectors that do not fit the connectors in the '00-'02 models. Mercedes has begun supplying adapters with that kit, so if you have one of those models, be sure to get one that has them.

The other kits for the '03 and '04 models (in most cases this is part number Q 682 0724; but please check the phone bulletins on Paul H. Dick’s site, Phone Bulletins) may also work. If your car did not have a phone system installed, you may also need fuses, brackets, and other miscellaneous small items - you will need the kit, not just the cradle, because it contains the holder necessary for the cradle.

Vrodman also tells us that there is now a V60 Cradle Eliminator Cable PN Q682 0976. It goes for $160.... Vrodman says "This cable requires no adapters or anything else. It is actually marketed to be used for the BT puck solution." Use of this cable would do what its name implies.

If you have an ’03 or an ‘04 model with an OE phone installation, (except the ’03-’04 E Class and the ’04 S-Class) you are home free. You should already have the V60 “Autosense” PSE, and the V60 cradle.

All you need now is a V60 Bluetooth puck (also known as a "cradle adapter" from AWS (Welcome to AWS for Mercedes-Benz) or other source. It plugs into the cradle or the Cradle Eliminator. It's about $390. Mate a compatible Bluetooth phone (not necessarily one purchased from AWS – but see compatibility notes, later), and you're done.

For all models discussed, however, be aware that your V60 Bluetooth installation will use your cell phone’s antenna for communication with cell towers (it uses Bluetooth only to communicate with your COMAND or phone/audio system). The glass in MB cars has metallic IR coatings molded into it, which will reduce the signal between the phone and the tower. This may be worse where additional metallic films have been added.

But there is a solution. SmoothTalker sells cradles for a variety of Bluetooth phones and PDAs (at this time, Motorola, Nokia, and Blackberry) that will again connect your Bluetooth phone to the car’s external antenna, and allow charging as well. See Smoothtalker Hands Free Car Kits Holders and Cradles for use with Motorola Hands Free Devices.

If you have a ’00 and use this option, however, you may need to upgrade your linear compensator to a dual band model; see the discussion on replacing StarTacs and Timeports with a plug-in phone, above. Note that Vrodman has also informed is that his dealer says linear compensators are no longer available from MB, and the recommendation is for owners to use a bluetooth solution instead. (Note: This is a problem only if you are upgrading a '00 or if you are installing a phone system for the first time). Ebay or a salvage yard may soon be the only source for dual band linear compensators.

Now, of course, you must decide: Why do I want to upgrade to Bluetooth at all, if I have to plug the phone in? Why not just use a plug-in phone (the MikBox solution)? The answer depends on your particular needs. You have greater latitude in your phone choice with Bluetooth; and if you live in an area with a lot of good signal coverage, you may not need the plug-in cradle at all.

It is possible to wire direct from a cradle to the car's external antenna and bypass those components; however, signal strength will be significantly improved with a linear compensator; and an antenna switch is necessary if Tele-aid is to be kept functional.

NOTE: Forum contributor MWAti has done a superb job documenting his installation of OE cell equipment from scratch, bringing a 2002 C-Class and a 2003 SLK to the V-60 configuration - the first step in this process if you have no phone equipment or must update an older system. His pdf file is a wonderful "How to" guide for these cars, with photos, installation instructions; and part numbers for the equipment. A really great job! See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audi...coupe-slk.html
I have V60s adapter working in 2003 SL500, to convert 2000 S430 do you have pictures and instructions to install Universal PSE #Q6820971 I have eliminator cable need to upgrade from Startac
Old 08-04-2010, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Use the phone bulletin for your car at http://home.earthlink.net/~phdwebsit..._bulletins.htm as covered in the first post in the thread and referenced in the material you quoted. The Universal PSE simply replaces the PSE that is installed. I do not have other pictures and instructions.

Last edited by Skylaw; 08-04-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM

C240 2004
W203 car with D2B/UHI

Dear all,

I am going to buy a bluetooth for my W203 with D2B/UHI/Audio10. I know I can buy a UHI Bluetooth adapter but my question is can my car work with any MHI bluetooth adapter ? I do not need to download a phonebook since my phone book is over 1200s entries
I would like to buy it from US, it is cheaper and easier for me.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E450 coupe 2021 SL550 2013
Puck memory

anyone know if, when the puck is removed from one car and put into another, the phone book is erased?
tia
Old 08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes, it is erased.

Entries that are entered directly into the COMAND or head unit memory are not erased; but phone books downloaded from a phone are erased.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Yes, it is erased.

Entries that are entered directly into the COMAND or head unit memory are not erased; but phone books downloaded from a phone are erased.
Skylaw, have you or has anyone tested the HTC Aria with COMAND pairing and address books? If not, I will look into getting this information this week.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have not; I only write up my own equipment. Perhaps another forum member has; I suggest you search all forums with the name of your phone.
Old 08-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL500
I have droid eris (Verison) with blue tooth puck (just purchased from dealer) in my 2003 SL500. Seems to work fine through the car's voice-activated system. I also have an ipod with is connected to a Griffin Autopilot in the cigar lighter. The Autopilot has controls for the ipod (more easily accessed than on the ipod itself), and amplifies the signal somewhat (helpful because volume from ipod is less than from other audio inputs). I have Kensington noise-reducing cable from the Autopilot to the aux input in the glove compartment. Works well.

I would like to be able to charge the phone while in the car. I tried to get an adaptor for the cigar lighter so that I could plug both the Autopilot and the phone into it, but it doesn't work with the space available (any adaptor interferes with the gear shift). Is there a good way to use the current that goes into the compartment between the seats to charge the phone? There is a light in the lower compartment, so there must be current. It is off (I assume) when the compartment is closed, so it there must be a switch at the latch. I have both cigar lighter charger and 110 and USB connections for the phone. Can I tap into current before the switch so that I can leave the phone in the lower compartment and charge it while driving? Has anyone done this?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W220, W210 x 2, R170
Blue Label PSE

I'm trying to get a phone in my 2002 W210 which had a factory verizon timeport phone installed. My 2001 W210 has a working MB branded verizon timeport. This phone will work in the 2002, but I need a phone in both cars.

When I inspected the 2002, the PSE (part # Q6820648) has a label that had a blue background with black text. This is the timeport part #. I thought this was an upgraded PSE, but now I'm not sure.

I bought:
Cradle Eliminator Cable PN Q682 0976
V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor B6787 5856

I connected the cable and adaptor in the 2002. The bluetooth adaptor powers up and I can pair it with my Motorola V3m phone (this phone is listed as compatible and it has the required software). After a brief period, the bluetooth adaptor powers down and then re-powers up. The phone loses contact during the power down, but reconnects when the bluetooth powers back up. I get the same symptoms in either car. When the bluetooth adaptor is powered up and the phone is paired, neither car recognizes the phone. The 2001 has an Audio 30 radio and the 2002 has Comand.

My guess is that my PSE is not upgraded and I need to get the Universal PSE Q682 0971. Does this seem correct?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:33 PM

2014 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by brooktre
I'm trying to get a phone in my 2002 W210 which had a factory verizon timeport phone installed. My 2001 W210 has a working MB branded verizon timeport. This phone will work in the 2002, but I need a phone in both cars.

When I inspected the 2002, the PSE (part # Q6820648) has a label that had a blue background with black text. This is the timeport part #. I thought this was an upgraded PSE, but now I'm not sure.

I bought:
Cradle Eliminator Cable PN Q682 0976
V60 Bluetooth Cradle Adaptor B6787 5856

I connected the cable and adaptor in the 2002. The bluetooth adaptor powers up and I can pair it with my Motorola V3m phone (this phone is listed as compatible and it has the required software). After a brief period, the bluetooth adaptor powers down and then re-powers up. The phone loses contact during the power down, but reconnects when the bluetooth powers back up. I get the same symptoms in either car. When the bluetooth adaptor is powered up and the phone is paired, neither car recognizes the phone. The 2001 has an Audio 30 radio and the 2002 has Comand.

My guess is that my PSE is not upgraded and I need to get the Universal PSE Q682 0971. Does this seem correct?
get the universal PSE and you will be good.the autosense pse would work but the timeport will not support bluetooth. call genuinemercedesparts.com # 678-987-0790, part 133.50 + 8.99 shipping. $142.50 and you will be talking
Old 08-31-2010, 09:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
W220, W210 x 2, R170
I'm talking now!

Thanks Skylaw and ls22bay for your help.

The blue label on the PSE was actually on the plug to the PSE (so I did not have an upgraded PSE). Also, genuinemercedesparts.com lists the PSE for 133.50, but they don't stock and can't get it (same issue with mercedespartscenter). I got it from a local dealer for 175.00.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:51 PM

2014 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by brooktre
Thanks Skylaw and ls22bay for your help.

The blue label on the PSE was actually on the plug to the PSE (so I did not have an upgraded PSE). Also, genuinemercedesparts.com lists the PSE for 133.50, but they don't stock and can't get it (same issue with mercedespartscenter). I got it from a local dealer for 175.00.
great so you are up and connected
Old 08-31-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the update, brooktre
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM

2008 E350
Downloading contact form blackberry bold

I am trying to download my contacts from my Blackberry Bold into my bluetooth enabled car phone system (2008 Mersedes E350). When i select download contacts in the Bluetooth menu, i get an failed error message. Any idea what else i should try?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:25 PM

2014 S550 4matic
Originally Posted by jdadney
I am trying to download my contacts from my Blackberry Bold into my bluetooth enabled car phone system (2008 Mersedes E350). When i select download contacts in the Bluetooth menu, i get an failed error message. Any idea what else i should try?
THE BLUETOOTH connection will not intergrate with permanent store of contacts, your phonebook will load when display lights up on command but will erase each time you disconnect from bluetooth. not all numbers will load though.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 PM

2008 E350
Thank you for the update, brooktre
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 PM

2008 E350

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1. HOW-TO GUIDE FOR CELL PHONE UPGRADES, PLUG-IN AND BLUETOOTH