Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

00 ML320 Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320
00 ML320 Radio Problem

My battery died the other day when I was trying to start my ML, after I got it jumped, the radio will not power on anymore. When I turn on my headlights at night, the power button lights up with a ambient light. I tried checking the fuses on the passenger side and I found one that was shorted out and replaced it but it still didn't fix the problem. Any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:56 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by Auditory
My battery died the other day when I was trying to start my ML, after I got it jumped, the radio will not power on anymore. When I turn on my headlights at night, the power button lights up with a ambient light. I tried checking the fuses on the passenger side and I found one that was shorted out and replaced it but it still didn't fix the problem. Any ideas greatly appreciated, thanks.
Start checking for more blown fuses. When the battery goes dead, everything pulls more current which blows fuses. if anything in the audio system has a blown fuse it will keep the radio from working. that means check the amplifier, telephone, cd changer, and teleaid.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML320
Originally Posted by rob13572468
Start checking for more blown fuses. When the battery goes dead, everything pulls more current which blows fuses. if anything in the audio system has a blown fuse it will keep the radio from working. that means check the amplifier, telephone, cd changer, and teleaid.
where are the fuses for that? cause i checked all the ones on the passenger side and i fixed the blown ones.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
there are more fuses in the rear that you want to check.