Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

C-Class Integrated Phone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2003, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Mercedes c230 Kompressor
C-Class Integrated Phone

Last year (May) i bought a 99 c230k...with integrated phone. Is there any way i could self-program the phone... or maybe a GSM (german car, german phone network maybe?) slot that i could somehow get the phone to work?

I was just wondering since i am trying to buy a new phone, and thought maybe i could get one to match.

* I do not want to get any of the V60 kits or so, i would just like to program the benz to my phone... not the other way around.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:06 PM

By any chance.... would anyone know what type of system a 99 c230 komp. would run as a cell phone??

Analog? CDMA? TDMA? GSM (HOPEFULLY)?
Old 02-10-2003, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm no expert on this, but I'm pretty sure there are no GSM phones for MB's. I think they are TDMA or CDMA made by Motorola, and all have special software in them. You just can't buy a phone and connect it to the car.

In Europe there is a phone kit which will work with some Nokia GSM phones. This kit is not sold here. Contact our Euro parts connection, Steve, at s_krabbenborg@hotmail.com He is in the US right now installing Euro COMAND's. It might take a while for him to answer. Also see this article
Old 02-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
hmmm... here the cars come with nokia phones. 6210 or 6310.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:11 PM

Lynn,

I think that link may have provided me with the exact way to phrase this.

I want to use MB's proprietary phone...... it's just that i need to find out how to program it!

Any ideas?
Old 02-11-2003, 08:00 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
Re: Lynn,

Originally posted by adge20
I think that link may have provided me with the exact way to phrase this.

I want to use MB's proprietary phone...... it's just that i need to find out how to program it!

Any ideas?
whats the make of the phone? first u need to know which frameware version MB uses in their cars. then u need a cell phone shop to put it on ur phone.

maybe that would help.
Old 02-12-2003, 03:07 PM

Simply, the phone is built into my stereo, there is a keypad next to it, and i simply have no idea on how to use it....
Old 02-12-2003, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally posted by adge20
Simply, the phone is built into my stereo, there is a keypad next to it, and i simply have no idea on how to use it....
Actually, the phone is NOT built into the stereo. The phone is (or should be) in the center console. It is a removable portable phone.

The keypad on your stereo is just an INTERFACE to the phone. You can put any Mercedes phone in your car and it will work through the stereo.

The phone a 1999 C230K car originally came with is a MOTOROLA ANALOG phone. Because it is analog, and phone service providers want everyone on digital, you will have a tough time having your phone activated ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. (Not impossible, but just very difficult.)

Therefore, if you want an integrated phone, you will probably NEED to buy a new phone.

Same answer as given here last week:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=29942

-s-