Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

copying navigation CD roms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2003 | 07:23 AM

Angry copying navigation CD roms

Hello,

Some months ago I "bought" some copied navigation cd-roms. Everything went fine and they all worked fine.

After a while my command system gave some read errors. This went worse and worse so I thought I had to many scratches on the CD. At lase it didn't want the CD roms anymore. ( Read error )

So I copied them again on a clean CD with no scratches. On my pc I can do whatever I want with these CD's, however my command system doesn't want them anymore. Both the old copies and the new ones are rejected by the COMMAND system.

- Anyone had the same experience ?
- Is there something I can do about this problem ?

thanks
Old 02-25-2003 | 08:47 AM

2010 ML350 GAS 4Matic
This may or may not have anything to do with what you are experiencing.....however.... I have seen certain CD players reject certain brands of CD-R CDs. Try using a different brand of CD-R for your recording. I recommend buying a name brand CD-R rather than using one of those "100 CDs for $1" deals.
Old 02-25-2003 | 10:34 AM

another point to consider

I did the same with my ML. Copying CD so I can keep the original in a safe place. I did about 10 tries and I realized that certain CD burner will work and some will not. Best bet is Lite On CD burner. I used the same brand of CD... the cheap kind $5 for 50. So far I found that Liteon works fine, and my sony drive, Teac... and some other didn't work. Hope that helps. The software I used is CloneCD.
Old 02-25-2003 | 10:58 AM

2013 SL 350, ML 350 BT
Re: another point to consider

Originally posted by spqr
I did the same with my ML. Copying CD so I can keep the original in a safe place. I did about 10 tries and I realized that certain CD burner will work and some will not. Best bet is Lite On CD burner. I used the same brand of CD... the cheap kind $5 for 50. So far I found that Liteon works fine, and my sony drive, Teac... and some other didn't work. Hope that helps. The software I used is CloneCD.
You must use 74min cd rom like Verbatim, not 80 min cd roms. If you want a perfect copy you can use Nero or Clone CD and do not use hi speed copy, maximum 8X
Old 02-26-2003 | 05:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
if the comand read the CD at first but not any longer at this moment, chances are big that your comand is in need of a new laser...

Where did you get the comand from (used or new)?

greetingz,
Old 02-26-2003 | 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

I used a Black CDR (Like the Playstation Ones) to make a copy of my COMAND region 7 CD and thats what i used in my 2003 C320's COMAND system now. No problems what so ever.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I used the SUPERDRIVE(DVD-R/RW, CD-R/RW) on my Macintosh to burn it.
Old 02-27-2003 | 11:41 AM

Gents,

I copied them again on TDK 700MB discs with a FreeCom burner. The other one was TEAC.

It works now, so it seemed to be a burner/CD problem and not the command unit itself ...

I will also try the black discs, to see wether they are worth the cost.

Thank for all the help I've got !
Old 02-27-2003 | 12:34 PM

SL55
I find black discs more cause more read errors.

Use good quality silver discs and a slow copy speed.

I've had no problems with 80min discs in command.
Old 03-02-2003 | 01:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by London Lad
I find black discs more cause more read errors.

Use good quality silver discs and a slow copy speed.

I've had no problems with 80min discs in command.
I got my first read error today after using for about 3 weeks, not too bad but it was just dust since it went away almost instantly and there was dust on the cd when i pulled it out.
Old 03-02-2003 | 03:36 AM

E320 CDI Elegance auto
Hi

I have comand in C Class. I bought the 2002 Michelin GB disc Nov last year. The 2003 came out Dec 2002 with postcodes. Looks like I really missed out and I do not fancy shelling out another £90. Anyone know where I can get the 2003 one cheap or obtain a copy.
I have cd's for France and Benelux 2002 if anyone wants to do a copy swap etc.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2003 | 11:42 AM

C Class Sports
Problem with all my cds after last service

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=51042

You can see from my other posting my cds were working fine until the last service. now, none of them work. why is it so?

can someone give me their CloneCD settings, so I can check if it is my burner or settings.

thanks
wanglung
Old 09-12-2003 | 03:19 PM

2018 E400 COUPE SOLD -> Porsche Taycan 4S
use cdr-win. make an iso copy of the original cd to your local hard disc. then go and buy some good media. use only taiyo yeudin or verbatim media. burn the backed up image from your hard drive to your blank cd at the lowest possible recording speed. 1x if possible. you should not have any problems using this method, if you do, its your command.

b