Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

UK W204 COMAND DAB issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 W204 220 Sport Auto Obsidian Black. 2005 Honda VFR 800 Silver
UK W204 COMAND DAB issue

Hi, hoping someone can help. Yesterday, I installed COMAND in my w204. All working fine so far. However, on my Audio 20 unit I had DAB radio. My understanding is that this is fitted in addition to the HU. I therefore believed it would just work on the COMAND. It doesn't. I have accessed engineering menu. It shows DAB 'not installed' and if I go to the AUDIO option the FM LW etc are in black, but DAB is greyed out. I can't seem to find anyway of activating it.

Am I going to have to go to the dealer to have it SCN coded?

As an aside, before I removed Audio 20, I was trying to load a CD. It asked if I wanted to load all and then displayed 6 discs on the screen. Does that mean it's a 6 disc system? There is no external box, just the HU. I only just bought the car.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by India
Hi, hoping someone can help. Yesterday, I installed COMAND in my w204. All working fine so far. However, on my Audio 20 unit I had DAB radio. My understanding is that this is fitted in addition to the HU. I therefore believed it would just work on the COMAND. It doesn't. I have accessed engineering menu. It shows DAB 'not installed' and if I go to the AUDIO option the FM LW etc are in black, but DAB is greyed out. I can't seem to find anyway of activating it.

Am I going to have to go to the dealer to have it SCN coded?

As an aside, before I removed Audio 20, I was trying to load a CD. It asked if I wanted to load all and then displayed 6 discs on the screen. Does that mean it's a 6 disc system? There is no external box, just the HU. I only just bought the car.

Thanks in anticipation.
you need to get DAB SCN coded... also make sure that you fiber connection is proper since the HU will not see DAB otherwise...