Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Audio 20 in W204 Display problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C200AV FL2011
Audio 20 in W204 Display problem

I have recently bought my W204 2011 facelift C200 CGI weeks ago, I find it great in many ways except the Audio20 mp3 display ability.
Since this facelift C class upgrades the instrument cluster with multi-color screen with lots of car information displayed in a pretty look!
Also the car was built in iPod connector port and USB port inside the armrest stowage compartment, which make me easy to play mp3 files without burning a CD.
The central Audio20 unit (no Navi) can recognise & play those mp3 files, but it has problem in displaying ID3tag embedded in the mp3 file. It can show the Cover Artwork like iPod as well as Artist/Album/Song names in English but not in other languages (such as Traditional Chinese/ Japanese, etc.) However, the multi-color screen of instrument cluster is able to display the SAME mp3 files' mp3tag information in other languages! So it is sooooo radiculous that in the same car, two different system to read mp3 data, one can display non-English, while the other cannot!
I have checked with the Audio20 manual regarding this issue, it wrote as "Audio 20 does not support ID3tag. But it can read and display the metadata in the mp3 files" What a contradictory sentence! If it does not support ID3tag, how come it can read/ display the metadata (artist/song names) of the mp3 files? Other than ID3tag, any other area for a mp3 file to store the metadata?

I have posted in W204, one brother in Canada with same car, claimed his can display Chinese/Japanese....the bad thing is no further clarification on how to do that from him so far.

I have also checked with some Taiwan (a Chinese location), some local review picture of the same model can dislay Chinese in their Audio 20 without any problem. I am confused and frustrated in this issue and hope someone can help. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 752 Likes on 733 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
any luck with it? i have same issue...