Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

V60 Phonebook Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S63 AMG
V60 Phonebook Question

I have a phonebook in my v60 and I use "truesync" from star fish to sync with Microsoft outlook. I have about 88 names in the phone.

When I scroll through my phone book on the phone, the display shows a little icon in front of the name indicating whether it is work, home or a cell number. When I scroll through the phone book using my Mercedes steering wheel controls there is no indicator, it just lists three entries for "John smith" is there any trick to indicating which is which?

Also, Is there a voice command or a steering wheel comand to move through the phonebook a bit quicker?

If I need to call someone whose name begins with the letter "N" I have to scroll for quite a while to find him.

Any user tips would be helpfull.

PS : I saw a photo of the motorola V70 in business week, what are the prospects for upgrading my v60 down the road?

Don Biz
donbiz@yahoo.com
Old 02-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: V60 Phonebook Question

Originally posted by donbiz
I saw a photo of the motorola V70 in business week, what are the prospects for upgrading my v60 down the road?

I saw the v70 on Motorolas page HERE

Pretty sweet !

The v66 looks interesteing as well - Link HERE

Motorola is cooking up some HOT phones...

Mercedes says they are "Future" compatible with the V60 PSE, however, I guess the compatibility will have to do with how new technologies are created with the advent of newer phones. All the new Motorola's look like they are going to use the SPRS network for web and email.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:37 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Motorola is using a shared platform for many of its new phones, its referred to as the CE platform (no relation windows)

the v60, i90, 120, 70, 270, 280, 200, 120x, 66 all use the same platform, as well as several voicestream motorola products i dont know the model designation for.

if your charger looks like this:

http://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/2557/...2Krapidcharger

then its part of the CE platform.

the 66 you mentioned is actually a step down from the 60, it is made out of plastic, and was reviewed as a very mediocre phone. wait for the 70, thats the next big thing.

greg
Old 03-02-2002, 11:36 AM

S63 AMG
Is anyone out there using the v60 phonebook display from the dash? I have been just selecting phone numbers from the cradle since i can tell wich is home, work or cell
Old 03-02-2002, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Is anyone out there using the v60 phonebook display from the dash? I have been just selecting phone numbers from the cradle since i can tell wich is home, work or cell
Seems to defeat the purpose of integration !
Old 03-02-2002, 05:03 PM

2001 MB CLK55
I've just made a habit of loading number in the same sequence - work, cell, home. That way when there are multiples, I can pick the right one from the dash display.

Another way to get at the number (if you have COMAND) is to read the phone book on the COMAND display & switch between ABC/123.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:23 AM

CLK 320
I just got my phone integrated and it works great! For some reason, however, several of the phone numbers on my phone don't show up in the car.

I sync my phone with Outlook. I've tried to remove those entries and add them back in, but it always removes the same entries no matter what.

Any ideas?
Old 03-21-2002, 09:44 AM

S63 AMG
I have the same issue. I think the car will only display 50 numbers , not 50 entries.

You could try using true sync to renumber your entries.

-Don Biz
Old 03-21-2002, 11:37 AM

2001 MB CLK55
Originally posted by Shah
I just got my phone integrated and it works great! For some reason, however, several of the phone numbers on my phone don't show up in the car.

I sync my phone with Outlook. I've tried to remove those entries and add them back in, but it always removes the same entries no matter what.

Any ideas?
The car only displays the first 99 entries - that is the first 99 locations. If you add "AAA Towing", it'll show up first in your alphabetical handset display, but if it is stored in location number 101 it will not show up on your dash/COMAND display.

Jim
Old 03-21-2002, 11:54 AM

S63 AMG
has anyone tried using trusync to reorder the phone book?
Old 03-22-2002, 01:43 AM

CLK 320
Thanks Jim. That was my problem. Of the 300 entries that I have synchronized to my phone, I used the truesync software to re-order the top 99 of them and voila!, all 99 of them appear in my instrument display.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:40 PM

CLK 320
Does anyone know if the PSE supports pause and wait characters in a phone number?

Between Outlook and the V.60 phone I can insert pauses and waits into my phone numbers by using a comma or the "@" sign respectivly in Outlook (or 'p' or 'w' if typing the number directly into the phone).

But when I plug the phone into my benzo, the car seem to ignore anything beyond these special characters.

Jim? Awiner? Greg? Anyone?
Old 03-24-2002, 10:18 PM

i will be honest with you, the only number i ever bothered programming with hard pauses and what not was my voice mail. And i never check my voice mail in the car, normally i use the 60c's record feature when i listen to the vmail in case someone left me something important.

then again i still dont really know how to work my comand, my tivo, my sony remote control, my cable box, or my stereo.

I like technology, i just dont like reading instructions
Old 03-25-2002, 11:20 PM

Originally posted by Shah
Does anyone know if the PSE supports pause and wait characters in a phone number?
i spent some quality time today with my vocie recognition and phone module.... and while the voice module supports pound and star, i dont see anyway to insert a hard pause like when checking your voice mail....

however with the voice command module you can dial voice mail, then say "pound password pound" and get it to work

if you dont have the voice module i think you may very well be up crap creek.... then again, what are you doing buying a 1600 phone and skimping on the 400 dollar VCS
Old 04-10-2002, 02:14 AM

C240
Just a general question about the v.60 - i still havent figured out how to send DTMF strings for voicemail. On my Nokia i was able to insert a pause after the main # and then send the remaining string by hitting the SEND button again. After pouring thru the manual of the v60 the only thing i could figure out is that i would have to have a separate phonebook entry for the DTMF string and then during a call look up that entry and send it - is there an easier way anyone's figured out?