Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Replacing the COMAND just got easier

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
No idea, Next week I will be visiting a friend that has a Kenwood in his 06 SL, I will see if i can duplicate it and get you an answer. What radio do you have and is it 4V out or less?
Old 09-29-2019, 06:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLK 320
Lightbulb CLK 320 Command Unit replacement

Lead wire

Wiring harness

Alpine ILX650

@jbondox I have a 2005 CLK 320 and replacing the COMMAND with aftermarket Alpine I was able to get the wiring harness from UK but it took them 2 months to shipped it to me but I finally received it.. Any advice you can provide greatly appreciated it
Old 11-11-2020, 06:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E320 CDI, '04 Sprinter 316 CDI
Originally Posted by pzgmj4

Lead wire

Wiring harness

Alpine ILX650

@jbondox I have a 2005 CLK 320 and replacing the COMMAND with aftermarket Alpine I was able to get the wiring harness from UK but it took them 2 months to shipped it to me but I finally received it.. Any advice you can provide greatly appreciated it
Were you able to get this installed in the end?

Any chance you can offer a link to the UK firm you purchased this interface from by chance?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-14-2023, 10:38 AM

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
07' E63
I was wondering if installing the Opti-1 would enable one to maintain the functionality of the OEM Multi CD Player located below the HU in the 07-09 E63? I know that without it, if one were to replace the HU with anything, the CD Player typically would be “taken out of the MOST Loop” and therefore must be discarded unless it is intelligently positioned within the loop properly. I read on another thread that relocating it is to be done by somehow swapping placement position on the other side of the NAV, but that detail wasn’t clear to me? Otherwise, I do see the benefit of using it for purpose of ease in maintaining the MOST Loop with an aftermarket HU that otherwise would be impossible whilst maintaining use of the AGW to power all speakers! Taking it further, I imagine using a (Audison, Helix or other DSP) which have the option of taking signal direct from the MOST Loop ( for a cost$) would be a huge time saver! This option, however, would take the AGW out of the loop entirely. That said, is there a way to get Optical Out from the Opti-1 to connect directly to one of the aforementioned DSP’s > Amps, if one were to intentionally circumvent the AGW?