Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Does Best Buy do custom installations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W209 - W163
Does Best Buy do custom installations?

I saw a good deal for 2 montiors for the headrests for $1500... now i looked to see if they have the headrests for the ML320, and they dont, but i still want these monitors... they look good... so does anyone know if Best Buy does custom headrest work? Thanks!
PS. I would ask them, but im too lazy!!
Old 01-19-2004, 07:36 PM

2001 CLK55
I believe you are talking about the epik/vizualogic line at Best Buy.

If so - they do have an application for the ML. You might want to check thier site for the details..

http://www.vizualogic.com/

Alex
Old 01-20-2004, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Yes, you're right, im glad you pointed this out, i called up Best Buy and talked to this guy who specialized in car video.. and he said he can order them for my truck in 7-10 days... the price remains, and it comes with the 2 wireless headphones and a dvd player... thats a good deal if you ask me, thanks man!!
Old 01-20-2004, 07:10 PM

2001 CLK55
np! I have been watching them pretty closely and thing they have a good product that is very reasonably priced.

Unfortunately, they do not have an application for our new truck - YET! :-)

How about a post back letting us know what you think of the product once it's installed..

Alex
Old 01-20-2004, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
eck! dont let best buy do custom installs! Order Savv monitors they come w/headrests if you want...
Old 01-24-2004, 12:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
best buy doesnt do custom work...that do swap jobs...if i were you i would stay away from them...your car has fiber optics... its easy to f up the sytem if a hack does it wrong. besides tv's in headrests isnt that expensive of a job to get done from a custom fabricator... price wont be too much more.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
seriously, IMO, stay away from BB doing installs. I've worked for BB and it's not good.

Example, this couple just bought a brand new Volvo XC90 (I think thats the model, but new Volvo SUV) and came in and ordered headrest LCD's, new deck and speakers.

Turns out, the guys doing the install hacked up the interior, totally f'd up the new leather, seats, ROOF!?! Basically, insurance said the whole interior had to be replaced and needless to say, they weren't happy customers :p

Most of the installers are teenage kids, atleasts from the stores around here, but may be different where you live.

-G-
Old 02-02-2004, 10:22 PM

2004 E320
I have had work done by Best Buy, You have to ask the installers questions. Some stores have great installer and some don't. The one near me does great installs. He even has a book of all it work. He does great work. You just have to know who is working on your car.