Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

system build on my CL65

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 03:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts
05 CL65
system build on my CL65

Well, parts are showing up, but the time to build / install it all is still a couple months away. I already have a Pioneer AVH 4100 NEX, accessories like hidden antennae, steering wheel control adapter, remote plug inputs for USB, HDMI, & 3.5mm, a back up camera, and all needed cables/ wires. Today my Morel Virtus 603's arrived. I have a Fi IB312 on it's way and a Crescendo C1100.4 will provide the power.

I think this should make a great sounding system with enough SPL to keep me happy. I was going to go with two sets of Morel components and a ZED Leviathan, but I scaled back a bit.

The Fi will be in the rear deck where the stock sub is. The Morel woofers will be in the front of the doors where the stock woofers are, the tweeters in the stock tweeter location at the top front of the doors.

At this time I plan to put the mid range speakers in the front kick panels where the stock little fill in speakers are. I think that will be better than the stock mid range speaker location in the rear of the front doors.

Any opinions on this combination audiophiles here?