Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Interest in Mid-Atlantic COMAND group Install?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230K Coupe
Steve's DC COMAND Install Pics

Hello All,

Well after months of planning it finally happened! Steve installed a COMAND system in my W203 Coupe on Wednesday! I just wanted to share what a wonderful experience it was. Steve is a truly great guy and his skills in the ****pit (I can't believe that got censored....let me spell it oddly...cokpit) are unparalleled.

He chatted with me effortlessly as he was taking apart my entire dashboard. It was amazing. He had the COMAND installed with 20 minutes...the whole time chatting and joking with me.

He then whipped out the Star Diagnostic system. What an impressive piece of eletronics that is! Flat panel, mouse, HUGE mulitplexer. He hooked it up and proceeded to configure the system. He even did some extra things for me like removing the 'No Phone' screen as well as disabling my seatbelt buzzer! I told he I wanted Bi-Xenons when he gets the in stock so he also enabled the Bi-Xenons right then and there. So when he does install them, they'll just work!

I'm going to attach some pictures. If they don't show up properly, let me know and I'l post them to a website. BTW, the one of Steve and the big Chevy truck is for Steve. He asked for a compact rental car and the truck is what he got. Only in America!

Thanks again Steve and to everyone on this forum who helped in making his trip worthwhile!

Christian
Attached Thumbnails Interest in Mid-Atlantic COMAND group Install?-p1010056.jpg  

Last edited by clallo; 07-23-2004 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:16 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing MB related (sorry)
Very well done, Christian. You even have more pictures with my brother's face on it, then I do...

Anyway, we really hope you will enjoy your new navi toy! And thanks for the 'thumbs up'!

Greetingz,

BigSis
Old 07-23-2004, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E550 4matic,, sold 2012 E 350 4matic,,sold 2010 e350 4w,sold 2002 e320 se
Yah,,,thats him alright!!I can tell by that t-shirt he's wearing,tally-ho Stevo.