Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2018 GLC300 SiriusXM Radio - preset stations disappearing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 02:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon Iridium Silver
Question 2018 GLC300 SiriusXM Radio - preset stations disappearing

The SiriusXM radio (option 536) in our 2018 GLC300 has been losing the preset stations almost weekly. The car was in the shop for a day, but they can't find anything. So far only satellite stations have disappeared, but no FM stations.

Called SiriusXM to reset the radio and check our account - all seems good.

Any thoughts? Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks,
Dieter
Old 02-21-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 GLC300
Same issue here on a 2017 GLC 300. Very intermittent, sometimes I go months without an issue, sometimes on back to back days. I've had the car for just over a year, and it's done it about 6 times. Initial troubleshooting at the dealership did not come up with anything, but they claim to have escalated the issue.

I did notice today that my Sirius/XM package and the channels I was actually able to see and receive were mismatched (I did not get channels above 184, even though my subscription included channels above 200). I just had the radio signal updated by Sirius/XM. Hoping by some miracle this ends up resolving the issue.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 43
My 2018 GLC43 also has this issue -intermittently loosing presets, also will intermittently loose reception as if going under an overpass or bridge, except there is no bridge. Any resolutions to this?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Mercedes-Ben GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Chip4
My 2018 GLC43 also has this issue -intermittently loosing presets, also will intermittently loose reception as if going under an overpass or bridge, except there is no bridge. Any resolutions to this?
i find satellite radio will go in and out for random reasons, even if the sky is clear. this on my wife's car as well so i think it is Sirius and not MB. the sound quality is pretty bad too. overall im not a big fan.

as for losing presets, do you mean your programmed presets (1-50 list) disappear and you have to re-enter them?

for me i notice that every one in a while the car will go from radio Station Presets )where i always keep it) to Sirius radio seemingly by itself. i will be flipping through the stations and the notice it happened and have to switch it back. seems to happen once a week or so. not a major deal but kind of annoying
Old 05-14-2018, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C300
I had this happen with my 6 month old C300 (with COMAND) a week ago and again today. I haven’t taken it in yet. I notice that if only drops Sirius stations, not FM. It seems hard to see how this is a Sirius issue, since the dropped stations still work. I hope posting to this thread will let me know when someone comes up with a fix.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM

GLC Coupe 2018
Missing Presets

I have the same issue on my 2018 GLC 300 Coupe. I am guessing maybe it happens when sirius updates/changes the channel lineup possibly , which occurs frequently and recently. I will try again to re-enter them and give update.

See: https://siriusxmcommunications.com/channelupdate/faqs/
Old 09-18-2018, 05:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2014 Acura MDX
This happens at random times on my GLC 63 maybe daily, sometimes weekly If it happens while I'm in the car, the display shows updating channels the Sirius in my GLC drops coverage much more frequently than my other MB or 2 Acuras
Old 11-30-2018, 11:11 AM

GLC 300
Presets lost

I have a 2018 GLC 300. I have the same problem with the preset SiriusXM stations being lost. This has happened many times, sometimes as often as every two weeks. I have had it in the shop. They are at a loss. I am asking if anyone has found a solution so that I can pass the fix on to my dealer. It is very frustrating. Paul
Old 01-29-2019, 01:15 PM

GLC 300
After many attempts at reprograming the COMAND module my dealer finally got in touch with MB and they agreed to replace the COMAND unit. We will see if this cures the problem.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:22 AM

GLC300 - 2019
Well, this has been driving me crazy on you 2019 GLC300!! After reading the complaints on this forum, I decided to call my dealer. Spoke with the service department and it is a very well known problem! I've had a CLA250 and a GLA 250 and never had this problem. Service told me that they had updated the Command module and it has a glitch which they are trying to correct with no ETA. Very frustrating if you ask me!!!!
Old 09-26-2019, 10:36 AM

GLC300
Radio presets disappearing repeatedly in 2019 GLC300

For the past 6 months (approx. March-Sept 2019) the radio station presets in my 2019 GLC300 have disappeared without warning, at random times, sometimes as frequently as every three days, sometimes a couple of weeks apart. I thought it might be tied to Sirius updating channel lists - and in part that may be a cause - but other times it happens when the radio has not displayed any message about updating channels. I spoke at length with Sirius tech support and they seemed to be aware of the issue but say it's not due to their service, and they strongly suggested it was a problem with the Mercedes radio software. Using Mercedes Me, I contacted Mercedes tech support and they said I needed to take the vehicle to the dealer. The vehicle is now at the dealer, in its second day there, and they're telling me they're trying to get software updates from Germany ( !! ). I also asked them if there were "firmware" updates, and requested they check on that question. It is very troubling, that Mercedes radios in more than one year's model have been experiencing this issue, and it still exists. One other gripe: the expensive Navi and Radio systems I paid for do not allow my iPhone to connect (like Car Play). It's unbelievable that a high-end, expensive Mercedes does not provide this feature (which I learned, as well, from a call to Mercedes USA after giving them my VIN). As I told Mercedes, even the fairly inexpensive KIA cars that one rents from Hertz all provide the Car Play feature, which when you're traveling is a terrific aid (e.g., having the projection of Google Maps and Directions onto your vehicle screen without going through the clunky destination entry that the Mercedes Navi system provides)
Old 01-08-2020, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
I thought it was just me because I just purchased a 2017 E300 and tried to preset the Satellite radio stations and they would hold for a couple of hours and then disappear. There were also some preset FM stations from the previous owner and I cannot delete those. I try and replace them with my own presets and a ciuole of hours later, my stations are deleted and the old presets are back.
If anyone has any solutions, please let me know.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 GLA 45
This has been an ongoing issue on our 2019 GLC 350e. Seems a random event. Sometimes the stations stick for a month, sometimes only a few days.

Would appreciate hearing if anyone has been able to have this fixed by the dealer.
The following users liked this post:
ill41 (07-03-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 07:28 PM

GLC300
Sirius/XM presets being deleted

Do an internet search. You can find this issue with every manufacture. This is not a Daimler/Mercedes issue, there are similar posts for Audi, BMW, etc. This is a Sirius/XM issue that has been going on for at least a year. It is BS that they are passing this off as a manufacturer's problem. Sirius/XM has an issue. For me it appears that if the Sirius/XM update changes a channel in your presets it wipes out all of the Sirius/XM channels with the exception of the channel the is currently selected. The FM channels are unaffected. This is beyond annoying but why should Sirius/XM care as long as we keep paying them. What incentive do they have to fix whatever the issue is?
Old 08-09-2020, 07:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon Iridium Silver
We did replace our GLC with a E450 Wagon and didn’t have a single station loss since then. I do agree with you though that Sirius doesn’t care.