Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Missing Sat Radio and Media Interface Audio Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C350
Angry Missing Sat Radio and Media Interface Audio Options

The radio in my 2011 C350 stopped working (wouldn't turn on) and was recently repaired by an authorized Mercedes Radio repair shop. After the radio was installed, I went to tune my radio to a Sirius Channel only to find that the Sat Radio and Media Interface options no longer appeared on the Audio menu. The shop informed me that there was only one motherboard made for the radio in my car and that was one of the components replaced. My SiriusXM subscription was paid for the year in February so I know that that is not the problem, moreover, the fact the menu item is missing I would think has nothing to do with the subscription. Does anyone know why these two menu options would be missing from Audio menu? Is this something the dealership would have to update in my radio or is there a simpler solution? Thanks
Old 05-17-2019, 11:35 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
2015 E400
You may need to go into the Engineering Mode menus and toggle some settings, or have your dealer do it. My Sirius mysteriously disappeared after my a/v installer toggled the AUX audio for a CarPlay smartbox. I was able to recover Sirius via the EM menus, but realized I don't really listen to Sirius for music, as the SAT audio is horrible. Now I just use the Sirius smartphone app via my wireless CarPlay.
The following 2 users liked this post by pl626:
Floobydust (08-28-2020), Pawel Jakalak (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 PM

ml 350
Originally Posted by pl626
You may need to go into the Engineering Mode menus and toggle some settings, or have your dealer do it. My Sirius mysteriously disappeared after my a/v installer toggled the AUX audio for a CarPlay smartbox. I was able to recover Sirius via the EM menus, but realized I don't really listen to Sirius for music, as the SAT audio is horrible. Now I just use the Sirius smartphone app via my wireless CarPlay.
Can you check what you had to enable as I am having same problem after installing smartbox. Thanks a lot
Old 05-30-2019, 01:32 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
2015 E400
Make sure the 7.5.TGW Parameter for (4) SDARS is set to 'Installed'.
Attached Thumbnails Missing Sat Radio and Media Interface Audio Options-photo801.jpg  

Last edited by pl626; 05-30-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:33 PM

2007 ML350
How to get into engineering mode?

how can I get into the engineering mode for a 2015 C300 with Audio 20
Old 08-28-2020, 09:37 PM

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic sedan
Make sure the 7.5.TGW Parameter for (4) SDARS is set to 'Installed'.
do you know the setting in the engineering menu that can get the Media Interface option to come back? I too had lost the Satellite and Media interface options when messing around with the Aux option in engineering mode. I got the Satellite to come back by turning SDARS back on, but can’t figure out the media interface
Old 02-12-2022, 02:59 AM

w221 benz s63
Xm

Originally Posted by pb39374
do you know the setting in the engineering menu that can get the Media Interface option to come back? I too had lost the Satellite and Media interface options when messing around with the Aux option in engineering mode. I got the Satellite to come back by turning SDARS back on, but can’t figure out the media interface
hit the call button on steering wheel and say xm radio and it will put it back into the menu automatically
Old 09-21-2022, 06:29 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2013 Mercedes benz ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by pb39374
I recently installed an Apple Carplay proxy kit which allows the original radio and monitor screen to stay in place but allows you to link your phone to the Comand system.
After installing the kit everything worked fine. However the main wire harness on the radio needed to be removed to factor in the kits wire harness. Point is now that the radio was unplugged the (Satellite)SAT option is gone from the Audio option. Does anyone know the procedure to get Satellite Radio Sirius Radio to work again through the stock Mercedes radio?
I had no idea that unplugging the radio would wipe out the Sirius XM option. Any help would be great. Thx
Anthony