Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

Resetting ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2022, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 C207 2009
Resetting ECU

I have a 2009 E350CDI.

I'd like to reset the ECU and everything in the car.

Is it just as simple as disconnecting the battery for 5mins and then reconnecting ? or is it a bit of a longer task ?

I've had the car nearly 9 months and its done 180k Miles. For my own piece of mind i'd like to reset it all so its just down to my driving habits and things,

Also it might help with my poor MPG i get at the moment.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2022, 06:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,104 Likes on 2,062 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Reset ... MPG ?

Originally Posted by MadMan-JaMeS
I have a 2009 E350CDI.

I'd like to reset the ECU and everything in the car.

Is it just as simple as disconnecting the battery for 5mins and then reconnecting ? or is it a bit of a longer task ?

I've had the car nearly 9 months and its done 180k Miles. For my own piece of mind i'd like to reset it all so its just down to my driving habits and things,

Also it might help with my poor MPG i get at the moment.

Thanks
Rebooting these cars may generally help promote better stability and lessen the incidence of battery drain (not from seat controllers) while driving or parked.

Disconnect battery wait some time (10mn) then reconnect and last: fix crazy windows, sunroof, radio code, etc on some older cars

Wishful thinking is hardly how problem get solved... scanning your car will be far more helpful to gain insight on what issues are happening.

Resetting DTC does not truly fix faults either unless they are random glitches caused by marginal voltage.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 03-25-2022 at 07:08 PM.