Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
removing 203 radios is rather easy...even in the 2005 203s...it only requires 1 small flat screwdriver and a torx20...I usually figure that people who cannot figure out how to take the radio out (simple activity) are better of not working on the car...but that is just my personal opinion...

greetingz,
Old 10-10-2004, 10:42 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
removing 203 radios is rather easy...even in the 2005 203s...it only requires 1 small flat screwdriver and a torx20...I usually figure that people who cannot figure out how to take the radio out (simple activity) are better of not working on the car...but that is just my personal opinion...

greetingz,
exactly. In this case your dealing with a Benz so you should leave it to a pro when it comes to aftermarker radios. If you feel really confident and have some experience then more power to you. I learbed when I was 16 with my 1999 civic...but I wouldnt want to learn on a 2005 Benz!
Old 10-11-2004, 05:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Thanks for the useful information.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
show the pics!!! cant wait to see the dash and the full audio!!!
Old 10-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Almost a Member!

As promised here is the link to the install of the Radio in the Benz!! More pics will be posted all week long as we do the install!! https://mbworld.org/forums/audio-electronics/85033-diy-2005-c-class-radio-removal.html
Thanks!!
Old 10-12-2004, 12:43 AM

greetingz,
Originally Posted by Audio Jam
exactly. In this case your dealing with a Benz so you should leave it to a pro when it comes to aftermarker radios. If you feel really confident and have some experience then more power to you. I learbed when I was 16 with my 1999 civic...but I wouldnt want to learn on a 2005 Benz!
does any one else find this amusing
Old 10-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
does any one else find this amusing
Im going to try to ignore you but I have two questions. First, if you never worked on car stereo before and know nothing about hooking up a radio, you are telling me that you would take apart the 2005 Benz? Second, why are you being a *****?
Old 10-13-2004, 04:04 AM

Im going to try to ignore you but I have two questions. First, if you never worked on car stereo before and know nothing about hooking up a radio, you are telling me that you would take apart the 2005 Benz? Second, why are you being a *****?
first this is what you said ......We have been open since 1995, so probably in the upper hundreds.

then its ....if you never worked on car stereo before and know nothing about hooking up a radio, you are telling me that you would take apart the 2005 Benz?

..you've done hundreds of installs within the 10yrs in business but know nothing..

then you insult Steve (MBenzNL) by saying your a pro like hes not ...do a search on his name find out who he is

I'm not trying to be a *****...for someone who comes here & wants info/help you sure dont act like it...
Old 10-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
first this is what you said ......We have been open since 1995, so probably in the upper hundreds.

then its ....if you never worked on car stereo before and know nothing about hooking up a radio, you are telling me that you would take apart the 2005 Benz?

..you've done hundreds of installs within the 10yrs in business but know nothing..

then you insult Steve (MBenzNL) by saying your a pro like hes not ...do a search on his name find out who he is

I'm not trying to be a *****...for someone who comes here & wants info/help you sure dont act like it...
I said in the upper hundreds of working on Mercedes Benz's and BMW'S not all types of cars...read....Second where did i say I was open since 1995 and I know nothing. I was ****ing asking for pictures of custom dashes for Benz's!!! Thats it!!! Third I never insalted steve. Get a life.

Last edited by Audio Jam; 10-13-2004 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Almost a Member!

I was agreeing with MBenzNL (steve) I wasn't insulting him. You should read the post before you say things like that. You are just trying to be a ***** thats all.

Last edited by Audio Jam; 10-14-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Look all I wanted to know on this website was if anyone had any pictures of Custom Dashes in Benz's. Most people have been a ***** to me and I have only defended myself.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
...read....Second where did i say I was open since 1995 ....
Here
Old 10-13-2004, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Stupid question and no flame intended. Why did you even bid on the car knowing that you didn't know anything about it? One look at the HU would have told any installer worth their money that his kits wouldn't work. That or not knowing about speaker wiring, power wiring, etc. Next you're going to be asking for a wiring color code on this brand new MB. IMHO; if I where your customer I'd want to see your work on an actual car instead of an experiment that I would be charged full price for. Frankly it sounds more like you're the customer wanting this and are just verifying that your install shop didn't give you a line of bull. $0.02
Sounds good to me amdeutsch Also only a dumb *** would ask a question on a forum in print, give his business name and info, stating that he does not know what he is doing.....A $10k job and you ask on a forum? Sounds like He did say he was the sh.t.

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 10-13-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Here we go again. I said - "Where did I say I was open since 1995 and I dont know anything" !!! You left out the end....get a life
Old 10-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
Sounds good to me amdeutsch Also only a dumb *** would ask a question on a forum in print, give his business name and info, stating that he does not know what he is doing.....A $10k job and you ask on a forum? Sounds like He did say he was the sh.t.
you ****ing **** I asked if you had pictures of custom dashes. I didnt ask how to install the 10k job. ****ing read *****.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Let me ask you guys why are you trying so hard to be a *****? You take everything out of context. I didn't offend anyone first. How old are you guys you are acting like teens. Here I will clear everything up for you guys and make it very clear and simple to read!

1.) I only asked if you has pictures of custom dashes because we have to make a custom dash for the Benz because there are not kits out for it. I coulnt find any pictures on the web anyonewhere so I came on this website(bad choice) because I thouht people may have pictures.

2.) Amdeutsch, yes we have been open since 1995. We have worked on thousands of cars, but in the upper hundreds on BMW's AND MERCEDES BENZ!! Stop taking stuff out of text!

3.) And Anaheim Drew, I said I wanted a picture of a custom dash. I never said we didn't know how to install the 10k worth of car audio. Where ever you got that from I don't know.

4.) Amdeutsch, again, I was agreeing with MBenzNL that you shouldn't work on the Benz unless you worked on car audio before. I dont see how you got that I was insulting him.

5.) Is this how you guys talk to eachother all the time?

I'll post pics of the car when Im done as a favor to some of the nice people. I dont know why I was ever treated like this on this website. Maybe its because I dont own a Benz. But I didnt come on this website to argue with you guys but you made it that way. I'm done now whatever you say after this just makes you guys look more like kids!
Old 10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Here we go again. I said - "Where did I say I was open since 1995 and I dont know anything" !!! You left out the end....get a life
You're the one that needs a live and a new memory. If you would've clicked the link it would brought to your post with your statement.

4.) Amdeutsch, again, I was agreeing with MBenzNL that you shouldn't work on the Benz unless you worked on car audio before. I dont see how you got that I was insulting him.
Learn to read. It was !!!!!NJ Drive who made that statement.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Why do you find that hard to believe. Ever hear of drug dealers who want systems in their Mercedes, Lexus or BMW? I was over exagerating when I said thousands...We have been open since 1995, so probably in the upper hundreds. whats with you guys? Thought this website would be friendlier than what it is turning out to be..
Here you go. I said I was overstating by saying thousands of Mercedes, but I then said we worked on in the upper hundreds of Benz's, BMW, Lexus..
Old 10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Almost a Member!

why are you argueing with me over **** so stupid?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
It is sooo useful to have members dedicated to dissecting posts to throw the discovered minutia into another's face!

The hostility and degrading comments are NOT adding to this on-line community. It reminds me of an old saying, “if you don’t have something nice to day, be quiet.”
Old 10-14-2004, 01:02 PM

2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
I may be new here, but here's my 2 cents.

I subscribed to this thread b/c I was interested in seeing the final outcome of AudioJam's work. After reading the numerous posts, I too agree it's getting out of hand. I wanted to remind everyone of MBBob's request for civility that is found in the W203 Forums Sticky on the top, but being so new to this, I couldn't be fancy and put a link to this reply for everyone to click on and read it, so I ask you to do it the old fashion way, click on the C class forum (W203) and reread that post by MBBob.

If people are going to continue to get bashed by questions or asking for help, they'll soon be afraid to put posts on it and I believe that defeats the purpose of this forum. I maybe a Newbie in this, but I'm amazed at some of the more senior members in this forum and the antics I have been forced to read.

To AudioJam, please do us a favor to those who haven't raked you over the coals and post the custom work when you can, I will be interested in seeing it.

That covers my 2c
Old 10-14-2004, 01:25 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
I agree

I agree with Wingless. The way Audio Jam has been treated in his short tenure as a poster is undeserving and, overall, it just does a disservice to the online community in general.

I went back and read his post. He did not "insult" Steve. Even if he did, what is this, the Sopranos? Not everyone knows (or necessarily should know) who Steve is or what he does or represents to this forum in order to interact with him online.

Audio Jam's final work product could have been a great resource for many 2005 C class owners looking into the possibility of seriously modifying the stock audio system. Now he probably does not give two sh*ts about posting the pictures of the final install. All because we chose to be *****s to him instead of pointing him in the right direction or, in the alternative, we simply should have ignored his posts instead of posting back for the sake of castigating the poor guy.

Audio Jam asked if the way he was treated is the same way we speak to each other in person. I've never spoken or met anyone here in person, but I'll guarantee you that, while some find it very easy to be *******s online, they would not dare to act in the same fashion in a face-to-face setting. Otherwise they'd be ostracized from even the most disfunctional of social circles.

In closing, Audio Jam, my apology for the way you were treated. Personally, I still would appreciate if you'd post pics of the final product.

Martin-
Old 10-14-2004, 01:55 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
Audio Jam,

Just post some pictures of your install, then this will shutup some of the know-it-all teenagers lurking around this forum.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Almost a Member!

Here you go guys...pics of the custom trunk. We are not done yet. Still got tomorrow to finish up alot. I'll post the other pics tomorrow or Sat. Thanks

Here are pics of the custom dash piece that we made. Matches dash perfect!

Thats all for now...I'll post the finished product asap!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is not yet completed
lookn good.. so far so good... cant wait till everything has done...post the finished product ASAP!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!