Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
My conclusion, Install - sucks, Cost - ripoff, Professionalism - None.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:18 PM

2009 C300 SPORT 4MATIC
Criticism

It's so easy to criticize others...
Old 11-09-2004, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Originally Posted by jmartinacevedo
It's so easy to criticize others...
Let the man do his business, sure the price is high, but lets see you complete an install close to that. Leave it to the installers, some charge a lot, some dont, thats the car audio game in a nutshell folks, not everyone is the same...
Old 11-09-2004, 11:14 PM

CLK320
leave him alon

leave audiojam alone unless any of you think you can curve a piece of wood better. Obviously, as he said, its a temp solution until a dash kit comes out. It is also important to note that the eclipse is not an easy unit to install either.

Furthermore, I do agree the satellite radio control should be somewhere else but lets not break his ***** until we see it done with a commercial dash kit.

Please keep in mind the the shape of the dash of the 05 C class does not lend itself to standard DIN or Double DIN sized radios. No matter what unit he installed it would look a little off. Anyway my point is, he did the best job he could at the moment with the exception of one or two things which I am sure he will change at the customer's request if the customer is unhappy with anything.

10 Grand sounds a little high but quality work is always worth the peace of mind.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by 3199cc
....you think you can curve a piece of wood better......
I think in this case you would need a sander. Thereafter you can glue you plastic overlay onto the "temporary" MDF.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:24 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
I don't know what kind of camera and battery AudioJam has, he seems to have nothing but battery problems(at least 3 times throughout this thread). Either get a better battery or get someone else to take the picture. Use the money he made from the installations to buy a decent camera.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by LowCaliTi
i really hope the owner never finds this forum. he'll be pretty pissed. $10k for that? sorry Audio guy or sould or whatever your store is called, but thats no where near a $10k job, Couldnt even put w7's in there? and that amp on top of the box...#1 OLD SCHOOL. #2 its not good for an amp to be mounted on the box. it can rattle stuff inside loose, you probly know that tho. and whats with all the wires exposed? and the satelite radio placement?????? WOW. ever think of the ashtray, or the glove box, or somewhere NOT so tacky??? $10g's and no fiberglass? no w7's? a custom mounted screen with mdf behind it? thats not very BENZ like. You prolly made $9,500 profit on it after pay roll huh? for $10g's, you should expect a full custom trunk, tvs in headrests and visors, more than 2 speakers and 1 amp, some speakers inside, and a better quality job than this looks like. just my opinion......
You guys seems to critisize first, ask questions later. He just didn't get a radio and two subs for 10g's he got more than that. You should read the whole post first where I have all items listed. Here is the list:
JL Xr 6.5 components Front
JL Xr 6.5 Coaxials Rear
Eclipse AVN-2454 TV/Navi
JL 500/5
2 Myron and Davis 8" Headrest screens w/ New Headrests
Fiberglass box
Dynamat all doors and trunk
Video amplifiers
Sirius Radio
installation which wasnt easy considering it is a Benz
....and more...

Please Read the posts next time instead of joining in with the others. That is a JL 500/5 which means that its a 5 channel amp. Which means it powers the subs, rear speakers, and front speakers. How is it Old school when it is the current model?? How do you run a 10w7 or 12w7 off of a 250 watt ouput?? The amp is mounted on an amp rack that you cant see in the picture not on the box. The customer wanted the 2 12 inch w3's. The customer also wanted the Sat Radio placed up there. Maybe next time you should ask questions first instead of assuming first. Thats just my opinion....
Old 05-20-2005, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
As long as your customer is happy, that's all I care. And I cannot do what you or your company have done so I am not here to judge you.
Old 05-23-2005, 11:33 AM

MY MB WAS LEMON'D
..... after reading numerous post, and seeing the custom intall done, it should be the other way around..... YOU SHOULD BE PAYING YOUR CUSTOMER $10K for that kind of job....