Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 01:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 E320
The plate you made looks like it fits but looks kind of chunky. Is it just the picture or are the edges rough? The also look like they don't match up to the surrounding edges right and have gaps. I'm not here to bash, I'm just curious. By the way, what did you make the plate out of--where do you get wood or ??? that matches so closely?
Old 10-15-2004, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this will be my last post on any subject other than what this thread was created for...

first, after reading your 1 post in response to MBenzNL maybe it was taken in the wrong context...but what you must understand is that this site consists of individuals who take pride in their vehicles & if one of us found out that some one who we were to intrust our brand new ('05~140miles) car to,(which he himself has never owned a MB) didnt exactly know what he was doing, was on a website that I frequent to find out how to do a custom job that he said would be done in a week...I would be a little concerned like many others. Which is why you got some of the responses that did.

I wish you luck...& hope things go well
Old 10-15-2004, 10:53 AM

2000 E320
Originally Posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
this will be my last post on any subject other than what this thread was created for...

first, after reading your 1 post in response to MBenzNL maybe it was taken in the wrong context...but what you must understand is that this site consists of individuals who take pride in their vehicles & if one of us found out that some one who we were to intrust our brand new ('05~140miles) car to,(which he himself has never owned a MB) didnt exactly know what he was doing, was on a website that I frequent to find out how to do a custom job that he said would be done in a week...I would be a little concerned like many others. Which is why you got some of the responses that did.

Dude, give him a break. Reread all 50 posts here. I don't think he was asking on HOW to do the install. He was just asking to see what other people had with their installs. Have you never asked to see what other people did on a project before enduring one yourself--whether it's on your car or remodeling your kitchen?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by figure1a
Dude, give him a break. Reread all 50 posts here. I don't think he was asking on HOW to do the install. He was just asking to see what other people had with their installs. Have you never asked to see what other people did on a project before enduring one yourself--whether it's on your car or remodeling your kitchen?
break given, peace treaty signed, oliver branch extended...BTW how did it turn out
Old 10-16-2004, 02:23 AM

2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
In the words of Rodney King,

"Can't we just all get along"

LOL
Old 10-16-2004, 02:21 PM

Whichever one is available (1 of 5)
Show us the money(...I mean picture) !!! Please !!!
Old 10-27-2004, 01:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Here you guys go. Sorry my camera died on me again and had to get another battery. Most pics were lost at the end. I will take more pictures next time the customer comes in (which is in a few weeks). PM me if you guys have any questions about any of the pics. Some pics are blurry to do the cameras battery being low!

Thanks to all that replied in a nice manner, to the rest..god can only help you becuase you have problems.... I'll post more pics in a few weeks.... till then take care!

C.J.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by !!!!!NJ Drive

Things went as well as planned. We knew what we were doing. Just needs ideas for a dash. Thanks.

C.J.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:48 AM

2004 C320 pewter/charcoal
Looks nice. Can you post a closeup pic of the install (also if not blurry it would be easier to tell the match). But from this view looks like you did a fine job.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:21 AM

2000 E320
Hey, I'm not a basher, but the dash piece you made doesn't look like it fits. Yes? No? I've never seen the inside of 2005 C myself but looks like the dash is slightly curved and your plate is flat or something. I attached the stock picture from the MBZ site and the stock fitting looks more flush and uniform.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!-dash.jpg  
Old 10-27-2004, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hey, I'm not a basher, but the dash piece you made doesn't look like it fits. Yes? No? I've never seen the inside of 2005 C myself but looks like the dash is slightly curved and your plate is flat or something. I attached the stock picture from the MBZ site and the stock fitting looks more flush and uniform.
You are right, there seems to be some small overlap near the bottom of the unit screen. Perhaps some sanding might help to deepen the curve to match the one of the dash?

Cheers and good luck with the project.
Old 10-27-2004, 02:49 PM

C32
When you pay for the fit and finish of a Mercedes, you would definitely not want a butcher job like that. If I got that, I would be pissed and not pay or have you redo it.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
The trunk looks OK I guess, the dash , the sat. radio right in the field of vision

I'm with VancouverC32 on this one.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by VancouverC32
When you pay for the fit and finish of a Mercedes, you would definitely not want a butcher job like that. If I got that, I would be pissed and not pay or have you redo it.
That was not the final product. Like I said many pics were lost at the end, and actually the dash is fine its the camera being blurry that makes it look bad. The pictures are crappy. I will take more pics at the end. The Sirius Radio is not in the way, its in the top left hand corner of the car. I took a close-up piscture of it. If that Sirius unit is in your way you must be over 7 feet tall! Also no butcher job. Why do I keep on getting insulted on this website. Read this post it says that none of the pics are the final project. I lost all but 2 pics at the end because my battery on my camera went dead again. I will post pics when the customer comes back because some people actually are nice on this website and I'll do it for them, and after that good luck making friends guys.

C.J.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Almost a Member!

The dash does curve alittle, but you have to understand that you cannot curve MDF alot becuase its a strong and sturdy piece of wod. In person it looks better. The dash is made out of MDF with a wood cover peice of plastic made. This is also temp. because Metra is coming out with a Kit for the 05 C Class very soon. I will post beter pics later next week. The pics showing the dash where not the final project. You also have to understand with no one making a dash kit, we had to phsyicaly make one without copying or seeing any demo's of other Benz's. Thats how this thread started because I wanted to see If anyone else had made a custom dash.

C.J.

Last edited by Audio Jam; 10-27-2004 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230 Kompressor Sports Sedan
How much was the custom box in the back? Can you give us what you used, what amp, etc. I have 2 JL Audio w6's - 12 in. I just have a regular sealed box, but want something else I guess. I am out in So-Cal though, so I don't know if you can be any help, but what ever comments you have will be greatly apprecaited! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2004, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
I personally would have just got a COMAND system and then added an iPod if I wanted MP3 capability. Sorry but this looks like crap, look how nice that COMAND picture looks (the one figure1a posted).
Old 11-05-2004, 12:14 AM

I would rather get a stock command unit and change everything else the speeks and subs and amp etc.. Nothing looks as good as the stock unit up in the dash.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
someone paid well over $10,000 for that?
Old 11-05-2004, 08:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i think id be super pissed if i just spent all that dough on a system then by chance while browsing the internet i came across this thread, read the whole thing and then seen pics of my car
Old 11-06-2004, 07:44 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by BklynBenz
i think id be super pissed if i just spent all that dough on a system then by chance while browsing the internet i came across this thread, read the whole thing and then seen pics of my car
lol. thats so funny But look guys i think Audio Jam did a good job
No one here has installed a car audio system in the new 05 C-class, so i guess we shouldn't be judging him. If the customers happy with the work then, his done a good job. who's to complain.

not lol

Anyway good work Audio Jam
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 AM

2005 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Seden
Hmmm, to be honest, I don't like how the screen looks. I think it's mainly because of the wood dash and the design of the LCD does not match.

Anyway, I live in San Francisco, and I just got my '05 C230 yesterday. I did not get facotry installed Navi system, and I am still looking for aftermarket options. I think I will have to pay your guys a visit in Hayward to see what options I have.
Old 11-07-2004, 12:45 PM

Audi 225 TT.w203 sedan.Bmw 318tiCali.Ed.VW Jetta vr6
i really hope the owner never finds this forum. he'll be pretty pissed. $10k for that? sorry Audio guy or sould or whatever your store is called, but thats no where near a $10k job, Couldnt even put w7's in there? and that amp on top of the box...#1 OLD SCHOOL. #2 its not good for an amp to be mounted on the box. it can rattle stuff inside loose, you probly know that tho. and whats with all the wires exposed? and the satelite radio placement?????? WOW. ever think of the ashtray, or the glove box, or somewhere NOT so tacky??? $10g's and no fiberglass? no w7's? a custom mounted screen with mdf behind it? thats not very BENZ like. You prolly made $9,500 profit on it after pay roll huh? for $10g's, you should expect a full custom trunk, tvs in headrests and visors, more than 2 speakers and 1 amp, some speakers inside, and a better quality job than this looks like. just my opinion......
Old 11-07-2004, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
Hmmm, I thought Audio Jam is a manager, not installer.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
Originally Posted by LowCaliTi
i really hope the owner never finds this forum. he'll be pretty pissed. $10k for that? sorry Audio guy or sould or whatever your store is called, but thats no where near a $10k job, Couldnt even put w7's in there? and that amp on top of the box...#1 OLD SCHOOL. #2 its not good for an amp to be mounted on the box. it can rattle stuff inside loose, you probly know that tho. and whats with all the wires exposed? and the satelite radio placement?????? WOW. ever think of the ashtray, or the glove box, or somewhere NOT so tacky??? $10g's and no fiberglass? no w7's? a custom mounted screen with mdf behind it? thats not very BENZ like. You prolly made $9,500 profit on it after pay roll huh? for $10g's, you should expect a full custom trunk, tvs in headrests and visors, more than 2 speakers and 1 amp, some speakers inside, and a better quality job than this looks like. just my opinion......

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2005 Mercedes Benz C240 Car Audio Install!!!