Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Mercedes Benz Financial Rant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Mercedes Benz Financial Rant

In the hope that the management folks at Mercedes-Benz Financial occasionally browse these forums, I've been having problems with them and would like to share: (this is a boring story, I'm just venting)

Background: just bought out a lease on a 2006 CLK. The dealer handled things perfectly, MB Financial has dropped the ball several times:

1. I never got my paperwork. Both me and the dealer have called MB Financial several times to find out what was going on. It is almost 60 days since I bought the car, and I still do not have my new title/registration. I don't think they've given anything to the DMV yet.

2. I never got a bill, either. I did get several collections calls from MB Financial asking for payment, but they never sent an invoice.

3. Even after overnighting them a check to buy-out the loan entirely, they kept up the collections calls. They received the check, scanned it into their system, but did not cash it for two weeks. I called several times and got a different story each time.

4. I'm still in limbo. The check was finally cashed, but I still have not received anything in the mail.

In summary, the people at Mercedes-Benz Financial seem to be quite clueless. I have a "supervisor" contact, and he's nice enough on the phone, but still completely unable to help.

I expect everything will eventually work out and I'll get my title and registration, but I'm sure it will take several more phone calls and waiting, and in the meantime my temporary registration is almost expired. What a hassle! I'd expect better service from a luxury brand. It's ok to have a problem once in a while, but it needs to be handled more professionally when one occurs.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Last edited by Crispix; 02-18-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling police
Old 02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
Perhaps, if you did the buyout directly with MBF instead of with dealer, it would have went a bit easier? I don't know.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Maybe try call office of president or something.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 C Wagon (No snickering please!)
Get a lawyer. They will ignore and blow you off forever until they are "invited" to appear in Court.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM

SL550 and E350
I am also having unbelievable probles with the finance department. I have received over 50 collection calls from MB. I have two cars financed, one a lease and the other a purchase. They have confused the two and transferred money back and forth. Now they claim that I am behind a payment and it is clear from their own records that this is not true. I can not get to anyone with authority to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 SL55
From my recent experience with Mercedes Benz Financial, it is safe to say that they are essentially worthless. They have zero answers or authority there and absolutely are terrible. What a night and day difference to the great folks over at BMW Financial. I have leased seven BMWs and this one Mercedes. Never again.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
I agree, I had to call them quite often about charging twice a month. Also, when I purchased the MBZ, they almost forgot to work with CA DMV. I had to remind them that I needed to car registered in my name. I eventually took most of the matter in my hand. MBZ has lost it customer focus and getting worse in the last five years. In 2005, they would almost do anything for thier customers but today they charge $265.00 for an oil change (use to be free for new cars) and get things mostly wrong. My spoiler on the E350 sport was never affixed properly so when I took it in to get replaced (car only had 7K miles on it) the duty mechanic tried to get me to fix it myself. When I refused he gave me a card of a local body shop to have them charge me to repaint and affix one. When I finally talked with customer service, it took more than a week to re-attached it. For compensation, I did not have to pay $35 for the loaner (in which I had to clean because it was dirty).
Old 09-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Cy3

2011 C350
Not once have the processed my personal property tax correctly on my lease.

Last year, they over charged me but I paid in full because I was unaware (we never see the actual bill. So they credited my account, but did not credit my auto-payments - still billed normal payment amount. I had to call, stop auto billing for 2 cycles, then pay the difference on the 3 cycle, and re-instate auto pay on the 4th...disaster.

This year, checked my balance on the 9/26 it was Payment+Personal Property tax. I paid the personal property portion so my auto-pay would deduct as normal on the 9/30...NOPE now my account reads I owe 2 payments on 10/30...WTF?!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 Sport White on black
I had issues with auto payment as well so I stopped it and now billed via mail once a month. It may be a little bit of a pain to put payment in mail or pay online but its not as painful as being over billed.