Automotive Leasing & Financing Discuss the leasing and financing of your Mercedes-Benz.

Returning my lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 MB Black on Black
Returning my lease

I am returning my lease and all 4 of my tires are bald.
Do I need to replace all 4 or just 2 tires?
I have a little crack in my back light and my mirror on the visor just broke.
Will they charge me?
Old 11-21-2018, 07:05 PM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
2017 GLC300 2020 Toyota Rav4H AWD XLE
Originally Posted by nadz
Will they charge me?
according to what ive seen here they do an autovin inspection when you turn it in.. and if you turn it in with damages, things the car needs, you'll be responsible for it. I would advise you take care of what the car needs. Other thing is i think (dont hold me to this as the last car i leased i turned in 2 years ago plus) it might depend on the dealer too, if your in Southern California, i can suggest you a place.. PM me
Old 04-02-2019, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not MB
Originally Posted by nadz
Will they charge me?
there should be a guideline of the minimum tread wear for tires
if you know all 4 are bald, then yes, you need to replace all 4

you should ask the dealership if they will do a pre-lease return inspection so you can know exactly what needs to be replaced/repaired
or how much you will be charged if you returned the car as-is
Old 04-02-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
If it's a MB lease they send you a booklet explaining what they check and what you're responsible for. They also send a card to measure dings and cracks with. You will need tires and maybe more. Cheaper for you to replace them while you can maybe get a deal on them.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
2019 C300 Coupe
I have leased Mercedes C Class vehicles since 1997. I get a new one about every three years. When the service guy tells me I need new tires (usually around 35,000 miles), I get them because I know if I don't, I'll have to pay for them at the end of the lease. I figure it's better that I get to use the new tires than someone else.
Old 02-06-2020, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 4Matic Coupe
I'm getting an inspection in 2 weeks. How strict are they with curb rash and dents? Do they really go by the credit card size?

Last edited by tkk430; 02-06-2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:23 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
It all depends, I had one real idiot that I thought was really looking for something wrong as if he was paid by the number of things he found. The car was perfect and he couldn't find anything. So it depends on who they send. Prior to this last time I just left the car with the dealer and had them deal with it and guess what, nothing was ever wrong. So are you getting another car from the dealer? If so he has a vested interest in keeping you happy and not sticking you with issues on the car. But on the other hand if you have issues that are outside the MB parameters you might have a problem. An idea would be to drive to the dealer and have your salesperson come out and just innocently ask them to take a walk around and "see if there's anything that you should be worried about"? Your credit card question is a good one, in my opinion damage that large is pretty bad and be prepared to pay but you never know. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2020, 02:48 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
GLB, GLA
Minor curb rash can be easily repaired.

There are mobile service repair people. Last time I did it on my Lexus about two years ago cost me about $275 for three minor curb rashes on three rims. I can not tell the damages after the repair!!!!

Originally Posted by tkk430
I'm getting an inspection in 2 weeks. How strict are they with curb rash and dents? Do they really go by the credit card size?