Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

Buyers Beware!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 AMG
Buyers Beware!!!!

Beware of B. Gorman
Real Name Willam Gorman

I purchased a set of HRE rims from him Dec 8th. After making my payment thru Paypal almost immeditly he emailed me back saying he had made a mistake and the wheels were not actually 19" but were 18". Of course right after my payment went thru.

I was given a few options from him because of his mistake.
1.Full Refund
2.A free set of lug nuts and a refund of $100 dollars

Being that I still wanted the rims I chose to take option 2. It's now been a month and 2 days and after many many emails, text, and phone calls I have still not recieved my refund or lug nuts. I have spoke with him on the phone many times and he continues to give me a run around "acting as if it's all good and give him another minute he'll take care of it just another minute". He also states he was giving me the options out of kindess since he had these sold to other people at his asking price and for the fact shipping was more expensive then he thought. Ive told him regardless his price was with shipping anywhere in the US.

Beware of his sell threads and what he tries to say about the product he is selling for less then the truth.

Last edited by sinister99; 01-11-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
Branden, I'm definitely not going to argue about petty things on a forum. Your the only one that has ever complained. I gave you the same option then as I am now...send the wheels back if your not satisfied. Have a good evening!

Oh yeah, and think think your supposed to post stuff like this in the feedback section!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Corrolla
hmm I saw this thread on the Benzworld site too.

Andy
Old 01-11-2010, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
Thanks, haven't posted over there in months......same answer!

Anybody that has ever dealt with me on these forums knows how laid back and cool I am...and they also know that I'm not petty and don't freak out over a few bucks...either coming or going....and I definitely don't need to scam anyone!!!! I'm not wealthy....but I'm also not in need of anything!! I'm not worried about someone straight hatin....you'll get that in life sometimes.

I think it's funny how people are quick to play the victim, and try to make others look bad while leaving out important facts!!! Just for amusement, I'd like to show how petty this all is, and how petty the buyer is actually being! I sold this guy a set of like new HRE Wheels (actual pics of the wheels before I shipped them to him below) for $1900.00 shipped to the state of Washington which cost $230.00 (fully insured and proffessionally boxed for his protection). So he basically got this set of HRE wheels for $1670.00 (and can you believe he is complaining at all)!!! I told him I would get him some lugs and give him a $100.00 back, because they were 18's oppossed to 19"s (yet I offered him a refund before I even shipped once the customer bought them to me and I seen they were 18"...he made a common mistake and measured wrong). I also have been in contact with him both by e-mail and phone, and asked him kindly to be patient with me since I gave him such a hook-up and was out of town during the holidays and trying to get some things straightened out with some payments due to me from people via paypal (he also told me he wasnt putting the wheels on his car till spring and said he could probably sell other wheels for me to his friends). He not only posted this junk on a couple forums, he filed a complaint with paypal which locked my account up for about 1 day...until he escalated it to a claim and they denied him!!! Now, maybe someone on the board can explain to this gentleman what kind of deal he actually got (since this seems to be his first mercedes and his first set of HRE's), and that he is in NO WAY being scammed...even if I never give him $100.00 and $30 lugs (which I intend to...even though petty behavior like this makes me not want to at all). IMO, this is a bit of an over-reaction on his part!

So....you give me a sob story up front and beg me to hook you up and I do by selling you an immaculate set of High dollar wheels for dirt cheap...and then once you get them.... I ask you for a little bit of time on the kickback (which I offered out of the goodness of my heart, because you would have taken them anyway and I know it)...and this is how you repay me...by raking me over the coals on the forums for $130.00 stinkin dollars!!!!! Shame on you Branden, it's another example that you can buy a mercedes...but you can't buy class!!!!!

Last edited by B. Gorman; 01-11-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:35 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
Buy class? If I could post your emails they show alot class.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
2023 Range Rover, 2020 MB S450
What a BS....you promised a man $100 refund - send it and stop talking about class. Usually class associates with silence and action.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
Branden, please feel free to post any and all e-mail correspondence between us!!! I'm not ashamed of anything I've said, done, nor the way I handled our transaction. My only regret, is hooking up someone as petty and immature as you (there are a lot more deserving people on this board who would have appreciated the deal I gave you). If you have such a problem with me, then send me the wheels back for a full refund ASAP!!! If you get this bent about $130.00 (that I keep telling you I'm going to give you) and cause this much drama......what are you going to do when you bend one of them HRE's and have to send it back to get refinished????? You need to think about it Bro!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
He could flip those wheels for 2500.00.

Unreal price.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[quote=Benz-O-Rama;3890757]He could flip those wheels for 2500.00./quote]

He could be a president of US....)

He promised the man $100 refund ...who cares what he could....
That is why I avoid deals over internet and always buy those things from local people.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
You keep saying your going to do something but I beleive we are a month and 3 days out from when you first said that Hmmmm. Also as petty as you think $130 dollars is you don't get rich given away pennies and certainly not $130 dollars
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=aeggroup;3890767]
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
He could flip those wheels for 2500.00./quote]

He could be a president of US....)

He promised the man $100 refund ...who cares what he could....
That is why I avoid deals over internet and always buy those things from local people.
Agreed, and I have no doubt Mr. Gorman will send it to him. However, I can certainly understand his reluctance in wanting to expedite the matter. I have a funny feeling that this buyer haggled, and haggled and haggled and haggled. Mr Gorman finally gave in and sold him the wheels, and too cheap might I add. But, if he agreed to to supplement the deal, then he should do it. But, I'd be pissed too if after getting such an insane deal, the dude opened up a paypal dispute.

Fact is, William still owes him a couple bucks. If I were him, I'd mail it to him a dollar a day.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 01-11-2010 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This buyer did not steal those wheels, he bought it for the price seller was asking. So..please ...stop that " he could sell it for 25 hundred bucks...
He could ask for more , that was his choice...Put yourself in buyer's shoes and it's as clear as sunny day - he paid the seller's price for 19" wheels, that is actually 18" and seller himself offered $100 refund. What would you do ? Would you forget those $100 and pray for the amazing deal ? I wouldn't...even it's not my last $100 bucks...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
LOL,LOL,LOL!!! I'm definitely liking the dollar a day idea (but I don't get down like that)!!! What' so crazy about this whole thing....is he keeps filing disputes with paypal and jamming my account up (so I couldn't pay him even if I wanted too)...and he just did another one a few minutes ago!!! He's like the $2 kid off the movie "Better Off Dead"!!!

I showed you love with a hugg ...and your trying to show me love by bending me over Bro !!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Send him a check for $100 and stop this BS...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
I didn't file another claim I strictly asked if they could email you in regards to the original dispute.

As for continuous name calling and comparisons we can all see how grown up you really are and such a business man. I have done nothing wrong and hell even told you I would try and help you sell more rims to people up here in the NW. Prior to all this and that’s a damm shame cause I am very networked up here in WA

Last edited by sinister99; 01-11-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aeggroup
This buyer did not steal those wheels, he bought it for the price seller was asking. So..please ...stop that " he could sell it for 25 hundred bucks...
He could ask for more , that was his choice...Put yourself in buyer's shoes and it's as clear as sunny day - he paid the seller's price for 19" wheels, that is actually 18" and seller himself offered $100 refund. What would you do ? Would you forget those $100 and pray for the amazing deal ? I wouldn't...even it's not my last $100 bucks...
He did not pay asking price.

Not saying the purchaser isn't owed the 100.00. I'm just saying after getting a smoking deal, opening paypal disputes and airing dirty laundry on here, I can understand why the seller isn't motivated to send it to him. But agreed, he needs to refund the $100.00

The buyer also needs to understand what happens when a paypal dispute is opened. The first thing that happens, is the account gets locked pending an investigation. Those investigations can last 30 days sometimes. He's only prolonging the resolution himself.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 01-11-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2005 E500 Estate Wagon
AEGGROUP, I understand what you are saying and your feedback and advise is both appreciated and considered (however there is much more to the story...and it was much more casual than it appears).

BENZ-O-RAMA, thanks also for your support and advise..LOL!!!

Branden......I'm done with this forum soap opera (always said I wouldn't get caught up....but man it's easy). I'll take care of it when I get a chance (in all honesty, after all this drama, it's not on my priority list...being honest). If that's not good enough for you...send the wheels back for a full refund!!!

BUYERS, if you think you need to Beware...Beware, or come pick whatever I'm selling up and get a receipt and stay @ my house/shop until your satisfied...I honestly don't like shipping wheels anyway!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM

Mercedes E55 AMG
[quote=B. Gorman;3890859]
Branden......I'm done with this forum soap opera (always said I wouldn't get caught up....but man it's easy). I'll take care of it when I get a chance (in all honesty, after all this drama, it's not on my priority list...being honest). If that's not good enough for you...send the wheels back for a full refund!!!
quote]

So as you have continued to do I will continue to wait wait and wait.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:02 AM

Audi s6
I guess the only thing I don't understand is why not just get your money back if that was what is offered?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wizos6
I guess the only thing I don't understand is why not just get your money back if that was what is offered?
I guess the only thing I don't understand in your question - who's gonna pay for shipping back in this kind of situation.
As I understand- the guy likes the wheels and just wants to get something he was promissed to get...nothing more or less.

Anyway...good luck to you guys....I'm tired to read this ....
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 PM

2005 cl55 eurocharged flash
i think you should return those nice wheels for a FULL REFUND!!! so you dont have to wait for the money.

B. Gorman: put me first in line for those wheels if he ever return them and i will pay for shipping also.