Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our MBWorld Marketplace classifieds forum.

Vabene7 bad buyer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14' CLS550
He flat out lied.. "just painted' yea rite! If it was just the bottom of the bumper(not visible) its not soo bad, but now you have issues with other parts.. BS seller! If its not brand new, never buy used unless you see it in person, my opinion.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by Becks Imports
THAT'S the problem. I knew it had to be the fault of the 'bad buyer' and not the guy with two different screen names and the hooptie car. The parts were profect, and Vabene7 stupidly thought that meant they were perfect.

Vabene7, profect, since you obviously do not know being new to this whole intarwebz thingy, means that the parts are in poor condition but will be misrepresented as being in excellent condition by the seller.

Everyone, not to hijack this thread, but I am selling a 2004 Brabus S600 with 65K miles. It's a grogeous car in profect condition (go ahead, ask me what grogeous means....hahahahahaha!). Any takers?

Bruce
Ahhhh......I understand now. I just had to sound it out.

Pro-fect......Got it.
Bruce.

Last edited by Vabene7; 01-19-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Vabene7
Then he text messages me that all sales are final and next time I should just buy new parts......Wow.
I love the test message above...what is he, a store? Hey Old Skool, I have news for you. Unless you stated that all sales are final in writing to Vabene7 prior to accepting his money, your screwed and the courts will side with Vabene7. Also, even a valid 'all sales are final' type sale does not cover intentional misrepresentation or fraud, so you're screwed again.

DJRabbi is right, go to your credit card company asap....paypal might come through, but likely will not.

Bruce
Old 01-20-2012, 10:42 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
The funds have been frozen in his Paypal account.

Per my request, PayPal is asking the seller to return $500 for they undisclosed damage or, if the seller does not agree to that, Paypal will refund all of my money and I will return the body parts to this character.

If a full refund happens, PayPal also informed me that I will have to pay return shipping as per their TOU.
I disagree with that rule and will fight it. I should not be out a cent because of this goofball.....
This has been a giant PITA.

Last edited by Vabene7; 01-20-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
When you going to John's place again? I need to take my car there to get TCU done.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The funds have been frozen in his Paypal account.

Per my request, PayPal is asking the seller to return $500 for they undisclosed damage or, if the seller does not agree to that, Paypal will refund all of my money and I will return the body parts to this character.

If a full refund happens, PayPal also informed me that I will have to pay return shipping as per their TOU.
I disagree with that rule and will fight it. I should not be out a cent because of this goofball.....
This has been a giant PITA.
Excellent news. It's not often that PayPal intervenes, but I guess they actually noticed a valid complaint this time around and found it in your favor.

Keep us informed!
Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Garage Temporarily Empty
More Photos of the "Just Painted" Body Parts

Here are a few more photos of the great condition body parts that this guy told be had no damage at all......These are photos of the front bumper, and side skirts...
And in the last photo, the underside corner scratches are the same on both sides of the bumper. It's not just one side that looks like this.

Also keep in mind the center mesh screen is mangled (told me it was in good shape), missing the driver's mesh screen and he never sent me the lower plastic shroud that attaches to the bottom to prevent rocks from kicking up into the engine compartment (which was part of the deal as well).

Anything in yellow is a gouge to the fiberglass, which need a body shop to rectify.

Who treats their S class like this? WTF? I certainly don't.

-Chris
Attached Thumbnails Vabene7 bad buyer-img_0243.jpg   Vabene7 bad buyer-img_0245.jpg   Vabene7 bad buyer-img_0247.jpg   Vabene7 bad buyer-img_0251.jpg  

Last edited by Vabene7; 01-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
Here are a few more photos of the great condition body parts that this guy told be had no damage at all......These are photos of the front bumper, and side skirts...
And in the last photo, the underside corner scratches are the same on both sides of the bumper. It's not just one side that looks like this.

Also keep in mind the center mesh screen is mangled (told me it was in good shape), missing the driver's mesh screen and he never sent me the lower plastic shroud that attaches to the bottom to prevent rocks from kicking up into the engine compartment (which was part of the deal as well).

Anything in yellow is a gouge to the fiberglass, which need a body shop to rectify.

Who treats their S class like this? WTF? I certainly don't.

-Chris
Looks like fresh paint to me .. The Seller is a dick he should give you your money back!!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aghakauve
Looks like fresh paint to me .. The Seller is a dick he should give you your money back!!
He wants his money back but it will cost like $300-400 to ship back so no point. Which is why PayPal asked to give $500 refund.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:41 PM

2014 E350 4matic sedan
Yes, Paypal protection is a joke, it give you false scents of security. I used it to buy some designer stuff which turned out to be counterfeit, I send it back to seller according to the seller's printed instruction, but never heard from seller again. I filed a claim with Paypal with all the document, Paypal ruled in the seller favor without any contact with seller or explanation why. After I repeatly email them for reseason, the representative promised to get back to me, I still have not heard back and that was 6 months ago.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
I have a dispute with Visa as well. This tool can take a few hundred off or I will get all of my money back and he can have his "Just Like New", drove it through a rock quary, body parts back.

Let's see him try to sell it after this fiasco.....
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
I have finally heard back from Paypal in this dispute and I wanted to finally put this to bed. I received an email today stating that Paypal has reviewed my dispute and sided with me. They offered a full refund, minus shipping costs and I have 10 days to get it all back to the seller.
I must give credit to Paypal for standing behind their Rules and TOU.
I will be shipping all of this stuff back as soon as I can.

Unless anyone wants to buy a front AMG bumper and side skirts in "like new" and "just painted " condition........

Old Skool =

Last edited by Vabene7; 02-02-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W220 M113K
if i wasnt putting the OEM AMG body kit on my car id sell you mine (front rear bumpers, side skirts) , in black too except the front bumper which is primed ready for paint, glad to hear you got your money back, i got mine on ebay check there they always have stuff which is photographed well.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
1956 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, 2006 AMG S55, 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
But how much is it going to cost you to ship this crap back? I would be pissed if that takes a couple hundred to do also.. Chances are he took the money out right away and Paypal is eating this, leaving him with a negative amount.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:30 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by cmpcpro
But how much is it going to cost you to ship this crap back? I would be pissed if that takes a couple hundred to do also.. Chances are he took the money out right away and Paypal is eating this, leaving him with a negative amount.
I am unsure if he removed the money, but Paypal did say they "froze" the funds in his account. They also said if he had/has removed the funds, they will send the owed debt to a collection company and he will have a credit strike on his credit history......
I have not checked yet on UPS pricing, but will tomorrow and even if it costs me a few hundred, this fool gets his stuff back and will never be able to sell them or anything else on MBWorld.....ever.
Ah well...... All I can do know is move on from here and not stay pissed about it because what will that really get me?
But I certainly appreciate your frustration on my behalf...!

-Chris
Old 02-05-2012, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

send him a box of cereal lol
Old 02-24-2012, 10:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
S600 Bi-Turbo/E39 M5
My work is Pro-fect!!!!!! lol hahahahaha.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:08 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
Guys I just wanted to warn everyone that Old Skool is indeed a scammer. I sent him money for the HREs he listed for sale and am finding out that he is a flat-out liar. He stopped responding to PMs once he got paid pretty much, and it's been two weeks and still no wheels and no response, despite having been paid in full the first day and sending rapid PMs back and forth. I had to open a dispute against him. I am finding out that he is doing this to other members too, taking money for parts he has "for sale" but just has pictures of probably. He is collecting thousands of dollars a month from this scam as people keep sending him payments and then he goes MIA.

Last edited by Nero Tenebre; 06-13-2012 at 09:09 AM.