To all Australian buyers of the C-Class Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2011 | 07:15 PM

370z, c204 C250
To all Australian buyers of the C-Class Coupe

Just got off the phone with the dealer. He told me that in the new year, Mercedes Australia will be re-structuring the pricing of the new C-Class Coupe range as they believe they have under-priced them and will adjust the prices accordingly. Just a heads up!

Michael.
Old 12-07-2011 | 08:23 PM

amg
Sounds like sales talk...
Old 12-07-2011 | 08:27 PM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by bawlin
Sounds like sales talk...
My thoughts also, but just thought I'd put it up anyway. Although, they seriously do under cut rivals here in Aus.
Old 12-08-2011 | 04:49 AM

GLC 63s
My sales guys told me the same thing
Old 12-08-2011 | 04:55 AM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by Marzwest
So I guess potential buyers should get in before the price hikes, if they can.
Old 12-08-2011 | 04:58 AM

C250CDI Coupe
I get mine in 2 weeks! i'll ask the sales guy if they think it'll go up next year.
Old 12-08-2011 | 05:01 AM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by tharsis
I get mine in 2 weeks! i'll ask the sales guy if they think it'll go up next year.
Awesome, our delivery date is on the 23rd.
Old 12-08-2011 | 05:03 AM

GLC 63s
Man i have another 3 month wait!!!
Old 12-08-2011 | 05:07 AM

370z, c204 C250
Man i have another 3 month wait!!!
Yeah, the wait is a pain, I've lost count of how many videos I've watched on YouTube lol
Old 12-08-2011 | 05:43 AM

C250CDI Coupe
Originally Posted by Nuxi
Yeah, the wait is a pain, I've lost count of how many videos I've watched on YouTube lol
Me too! every week i log in on saturday or sunday, set the filter to "this week" and search for c class coupe lol so envious of all those who have theirs already, been a long 3 months!

Nuxi, just out of interest, what day does the ship land that they quoted you. I've been told mine is on the 20'th and takes 10 days to clear making my delivery after chrissy if that's true.... I'm hoping it may be sooner than that!
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:08 AM

370z, c204 C250
Me too! every week i log in on saturday or sunday, set the filter to "this week" and search for c class coupe lol so envious of all those who have theirs already, been a long 3 months!

Nuxi, just out of interest, what day does the ship land that they quoted you. I've been told mine is on the 20'th and takes 10 days to clear making my delivery after chrissy if that's true.... I'm hoping it may be sooner than that!
We were told the ship docks on the 15th in Sydney, then gets put on a truck immediately and brought down to the dealer where they clean and prep it. Your car and ours might be transit buddies!! You may get it same time roughly. What dealer did you go through?
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:27 AM

C250CDI Coupe
We were told the ship docks on the 15th in Sydney, then gets put on a truck immediately and brought down to the dealer where they clean and prep it. Your car and ours might be transit buddies!! You may get it same time roughly. What dealer did you go through?
Silver star Doncaster. Yours?

From what I can tell sea freight is 2-3 weeks out of Germany, so yours is defiantly on the way, mine must have just got underway. Hopefully I get lucky and it's on the same boat! hehe

I'd love to have the bigass chrissy present appear in the driveway!
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:42 AM

370z, c204 C250
Oh cool, we went through 3 Point in Fairfield. I know Alf from Silver Star. We were going to go through him but he couldn't come up with a trade in price for our CLK.
Old 12-08-2011 | 08:37 AM

C250 Coupe
My SA in Macau told me the same thing too...it's under priced. His guess was because of Mercedes 125th year anniversary. This is the first time he has seen a two door mercedes sports profile going on such low price. First time ever in his entire 10 year SA career seeing this happen. He can't guarantee the price would be the same next year (2012). Could be lower (due to environmental tax exemption by the authorities) or could be higher due to price revision.
Old 12-08-2011 | 06:49 PM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by mikengo
My SA in Macau told me the same thing too...it's under priced. His guess was because of Mercedes 125th year anniversary. This is the first time he has seen a two door mercedes sports profile going on such low price. First time ever in his entire 10 year SA career seeing this happen. He can't guarantee the price would be the same next year (2012). Could be lower (due to environmental tax exemption by the authorities) or could be higher due to price revision.
I can't imagine our prices being any lower. It would be nice lol. Our prices will definately rise, I don't believe by a large amount, but enough to justify them against their competitors.
Old 12-08-2011 | 07:39 PM

C250CDI Coupe
Our price is still considerably more then the US and Germany, fair enough it has to ship a lot further and we seem to have more options than the standard US version.

In the end it doesn't bother me if it's less/more now as I've already made my purchase, however when you look at a C250CDI vs a BMW 320d in AU $$ only, it's already very close, I would imagine the additional sales MB AU are getting at the moment taking away from the A5 & BMW's would justify keeping it a tad lower. Get it closer than it already is and it'll be hard to semi-loyal Audi or BMW drivers across.
MB has a fairly average name among younger Australian drivers, just ask people in your workplace, they'll almost always say it's for old people or trophy wives in Toorak. Get this great car a bit more popular in the AU market in the right crowd and they'll turn that around.
Going against what i'm saying above is the recent x 2 Australian car awards, it's more of a reason for MB to up the price in this market.
Old 12-08-2011 | 07:51 PM

370z, c204 C250
Our price is still considerably more then the US and Germany, fair enough it has to ship a lot further and we seem to have more options than the standard US version.

In the end it doesn't bother me if it's less/more now as I've already made my purchase, however when you look at a C250CDI vs a BMW 320d in AU $$ only, it's already very close, I would imagine the additional sales MB AU are getting at the moment taking away from the A5 & BMW's would justify keeping it a tad lower. Get it closer than it already is and it'll be hard to semi-loyal Audi or BMW drivers across.
MB has a fairly average name among younger Australian drivers, just ask people in your workplace, they'll almost always say it's for old people or trophy wives in Toorak. Get this great car a bit more popular in the AU market in the right crowd and they'll turn that around.
Going against what i'm saying above is the recent x 2 Australian car awards, it's more of a reason for MB to up the price in this market.
Yep, your spot on. The introduction of the C-Class coupe is going to do wonders for MB, and I believe that they have set out to steal a lot of sales from Audi and BMW, and I reckon they will too. I reckon it will draw a lot more younger buyers to the MB brand also, especially with the tuning potential of the petrol turbo's. As you also stated, with the recent awards going to MB, it will give them a lot more recognition. I know with the C250 CDI v 320d comparo, the other thing that will sway buyers to MB is the levels of standard features such as the NAV etc whereas with BMW, almost everything is optional. I used to have an E92 with the M Sports Pack, cost an arm and a leg and had barely anything in it!
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:14 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Just got off the phone with the dealer. He told me that in the new year, Mercedes Australia will be re-structuring the pricing of the new C-Class Coupe range as they believe they have under-priced them and will adjust the prices accordingly. Just a heads up!

Michael.
Thanks for the heads up !

I was actually hanging off and prepared to 'possibly' group buy together with 2 other Melb. Aust. members here for both timing and discounting considerations, however if there is to be a hike I may get in early.

Does anyone know what the hike will be ??

Or as others have said, maybe this is just typical 'dealer talk' ie. try and bring on sales because the o/a market here has stagnated as of late.

The other concern is the probabilty of another GFC next year decisions, decisions
Old 12-08-2011 | 09:57 PM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by AV1
Thanks for the heads up !

I was actually hanging off and prepared to 'possibly' group buy together with 2 other Melb. Aust. members here for both timing and discounting considerations, however if there is to be a hike I may get in early.

Does anyone know what the hike will be ??

Or as others have said, maybe this is just typical 'dealer talk' ie. try and bring on sales because the o/a market here has stagnated as of late.

The other concern is the probabilty of another GFC next year decisions, decisions
I'm guessing the C350 Coupe pricing won't be affected because there's such a big difference between that and the 250's, it's just the C180 and C250's and I'm guessing a $3-5k price hike.
Old 12-09-2011 | 12:49 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I'm guessing the C350 Coupe pricing won't be affected because there's such a big difference between that and the 250's, it's just the C180 and C250's and I'm guessing a $3-5k price hike.
If it happens and if it's a 3-5k price hike, I could live with that on a base spec 250 but with a fully loaded 250 that'll increase considerably the o/a cost - not good

It does make some sense on MB's part because if you look at the current E92 3 series BMW coupes they are 10k more than the C180, the 320d is at the same price point as the C250's and the C250 is alot more car for the money

Wish we had U.S car prices, then I wouldn't care if there was even a 50% hike LOL
Old 12-11-2011 | 01:31 AM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by AV1
Wish we had U.S car prices, then I wouldn't care if there was even a 50% hike LOL
If only!! lol. We get shafted left, right and center!
Old 12-19-2011 | 02:12 AM

VW Golf MKVI 118TSI and C250 CDI Coupe (on order)
Just returned from overseas where I've been keeping an eye out for c coupes (quite a few on the road in Singapore) and this is definitely unwelcoming news.

It would be helpful to get an idea of the speculated increase. Fingers crossed!!
Old 12-19-2011 | 02:39 AM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by DL250
Just returned from overseas where I've been keeping an eye out for c coupes (quite a few on the road in Singapore) and this is definitely unwelcoming news.

It would be helpful to get an idea of the speculated increase. Fingers crossed!!
I went by the dealership today and had a coffee with our sales guy who is a great family friend of ours also, they are remaining tight lipped on pricing at the moment, we take delivery of our C250 coupe this Friday/Saturday and his words to me were "lucky you got yours now".
Old 12-19-2011 | 09:25 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
To the contrary I visited another dealer 2 weekends ago (3 point star in Fairfield Melb.) and test drove again a 250CDI at this dealer and they knew nothing in regards to price increases, either factual or speculative and it was their finance chief I spoke to, suffice to say the quote they gave me was the highest pricing yet from 3 dealers - maybe they've already factored in an increase LOL

I even asked if it would be better to buy now or the new year and was told "as far as we know it'll be the same" got the same story regarding prices from the initial dealer I'm dealing with yesterday, so I'm beginning to think it's all just hype

Still waiting on a quote from a Victorian Country MB dealership to see if they're any better than the local Melb. MB dealers or not, friend of mine just purchased a BMW from a Country dealer and it was loads cheaper than a few of the local Melb. BMW dealers he approached.

The only thing that seems to be different/changed in regards to the new C Class is the wait time has increased to up to 4 months because demand is up, I've been told this now by 2 separate dealers
Old 12-20-2011 | 12:50 AM

370z, c204 C250
Hmm maybe, oh well! Whatever will be, will be I guess lol. Can't wait to get my hands on it...Friday or Saturday!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To all Australian buyers of the C-Class Coupe