A few questions about C350...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
A few questions about C350...

I wanted to ask a few things about my car I haven't really figured out yet. It's basically fully loaded C350 (in Canada most stuff is standard)

1. What does the sport button do exactly and if you are in "M" mode, does it do anything at all? The "S" doesn't show on the dash after you press M.

2. When driving in M mode and coming to a stop, do you need to gear down or can you just come to a complete stop in 5th and then switch to 1?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:53 AM

C
bump cause i'm clueless
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
M is pedal shifter right? I didn't even tried it yet.... Just past 1K miles mark.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:56 AM

C
Originally Posted by Breitling65
M is pedal shifter right? I didn't even tried it yet.... Just past 1K miles mark.
I'm not really sure what the difference is between D# and M (because in D# you still control the shifting entirely as far as I can tell)

I have around 2500km on my car so I started playing with it... if you drive in M mode and don't shift until near redline (well, 2k before since it lags) you can actually accelerate fairly quickly
Old 12-13-2011, 08:02 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by GuOD
I'm not really sure what the difference is between D# and M (because in D# you still control the shifting entirely as far as I can tell)

I have around 2500km on my car so I started playing with it... if you drive in M mode and don't shift until near redline (well, 2k before since it lags) you can actually accelerate fairly quickly

S mode does job great, I believe it starts moving from 1st gear and shifts differently to E. On S, I can't see difference to my former G37x which is same on torque and more on hp. Difference in weight also not huge, Infiniti about 50 kilos only heavier. Pedal shifter is good but still not as quick as on Audi TT I tried before to compare.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
The difference is the shift points, the S mode follows the power band of the new engine much better and delivers crisper & sooner shifting intervals for better power delivery. The paddles are activated in M so you can decide the shift points rather than the ECU. This mode cancels out the auto function but the ECU will override your commands if you make a severe error, like over or under revving, causing the engine to struggle, the ECU will either up or down shift accordingly on it's own. The system will shift into first all by itself at a red light stop.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:36 PM

C
Originally Posted by MBRedux
The difference is the shift points, the S mode follows the power band of the new engine much better and delivers crisper & sooner shifting intervals for better power delivery. The paddles are activated in M so you can decide the shift points rather than the ECU. This mode cancels out the auto function but the ECU will override your commands if you make a severe error, like over or under revving, causing the engine to struggle, the ECU will either up or down shift accordingly on it's own. The system will shift into first all by itself at a red light stop.
Thanks! So basically I can just shift how I want in M mode, and then when I reach a light it will shift down into 1 for me... so I can really come to a stop in 5th?

I'm just thinking in a manual car you can't really do that without stalling so it's a bit confusing.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:41 PM

C350 Coupe 2012
Originally Posted by GuOD
Thanks! So basically I can just shift how I want in M mode, and then when I reach a light it will shift down into 1 for me... so I can really come to a stop in 5th?

I'm just thinking in a manual car you can't really do that without stalling so it's a bit confusing.

You can by pressing the clutch. Think like leaving it in 5th with the clutch in.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:43 PM

C
Originally Posted by r2racer
You can by pressing the clutch. Think like leaving it in 5th with the clutch in.
Ha, I guess but in this case you won't stall

I was just really worried about damaging my car by coming to a stop in 5th or 6th etc, but I guess it's not an issue!