20" Wheels & Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
Breitling, the more you post, the more retarded we think you are. We all have our likes and dislikes but for the sake of this forum, please keep your Nissan hate off the forum. I think the fact that Redux drives a tuned GT-R serves to show that he has a least a bit more technical know-how than your typical Soccer "I want that car because it's cute" Mom.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by slktyperice
Breitling, the more you post, the more retarded we think you are. We all have our likes and dislikes but for the sake of this forum, please keep your Nissan hate off the forum. I think the fact that Redux drives a tuned GT-R serves to show that he has a least a bit more technical know-how than your typical Soccer "I want that car because it's cute" Mom.

Ok, so it is NOT retarded to you when someone who don't even own C coupe posting here with "look at my car" words in every post? It is not retarded when he is posting anywhere he can on MB forum as well? Check his post history.
Yes, I hate Nissan and that is my right and that is why I am on MB forum, forum for car I actually own.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:36 AM

370z, c204 C250
Originally Posted by Breitling65
Ok, so it is NOT retarded to you when someone who don't even own C coupe posting here with "look at my car" words in every post? It is not retarded when he is posting anywhere he can on MB forum as well? Check his post history.
Yes, I hate Nissan and that is my right and that is why I am on MB forum, forum for car I actually own.
Ok, it is fair to say you hate Nissan, each to his own and I respect that, however I find that you come across as quite pathetic in attacking a fellow member by saying his car is "ugly" and continue to mock him. I'm sure you wouldn't last long in any debate against true car enthusiasts from around the globe in regards to Nissans achievements, especially with the GTR. He was simply making a suggestion on the brake package on the car. Who cares whether its for a C63 or a C250?? You really do need to chill, or as its already been said, you won't last long on this forum.

Ps: I daily drive a Nissan 370z and it rocks!!

Pps: Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by Nuxi
Ok, it is fair to say you hate Nissan, each to his own and I respect that, however I find that you come across as quite pathetic in attacking a fellow member by saying his car is "ugly" and continue to mock him. I'm sure you wouldn't last long in any debate against true car enthusiasts from around the globe in regards to Nissans achievements, especially with the GTR. He was simply making a suggestion on the brake package on the car. Who cares whether its for a C63 or a C250?? You really do need to chill, or as its already been said, you won't last long on this forum.

Ps: I daily drive a Nissan 370z and it rocks!!

Pps: Happy New Year!

You could drive and like anything or anyone. Nissan is all ugly including Infiniti, I could provide 10 photos of most recent cars they are making to compare. They are remind each other very much and most using same engine including GT-R where they slap twin-turbo on same Z/G37 engine.
You might be his friend and whatever but again I am in MB forum not in Nissan and that is my opinion. Besides I see no reason of reading his posts any place on MB forum with or without reason, sticking GT-R's brakes photos which actually will not work on any MB.
Nothing personal to him, but maybe he should find right place to post? Ton's of GT-R forums around ... Actually I believe he does, based on his activities ...
Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 AM

370z, c204 C250
That just goes to show, Nissan don't have to do much to make incredible cars and they have many many reviews to back that up. I don't know him personally, but we're here to share knowledge and thoughts on all things automotive. We share the same passion for it, not just Mercedes, but all brands. There is no rule to say that we can't post anything on other manufacturers products, and if there is, please correct me. I respect your contributions to the forum but not when its in negative light towards what other members drive.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:25 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by Nuxi
That just goes to show, Nissan don't have to do much to make incredible cars and they have many many reviews to back that up. I don't know him personally, but we're here to share knowledge and thoughts on all things automotive. We share the same passion for it, not just Mercedes, but all brands. There is no rule to say that we can't post anything on other manufacturers products, and if there is, please correct me. I respect your contributions to the forum but not when its in negative light towards what other members drive.

I respect to, but I would never go on Nissan forum and start posting there "LOOK WHAT I DRIVE FIRST...". I am not posting to get score here or become "Fanatic" status as he does, I am interesting in C coupe news and suggestions and if I need Nissan one I will find them around my block where ton's of Quest's, Juke's and other parked ...
I just get rid two Infiniti (G37 coupe and G35 sedan), driving them for 6 years and I am sure I know how "good" they are and other details too.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 AM

370z, c204 C250
I respect to, but I would never go on Nissan forum and start posting there "LOOK WHAT I DRIVE FIRST...". I am not posting to get score here or become "Fanatic" status as he does, I am interesting in C coupe news and suggestions and if I need Nissan one I will find them around my block where ton's of Quest's, Juke's and other parked ...
I just get rid two Infiniti (G37 coupe and G35 sedan), driving them for 6 years and I am sure I know how "good" they are and other details too.
Ok, I'm getting over this discussion, so let's continue to discuss the C-Class Coupe, shall we...
Old 01-02-2012, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
Grow up. This is a silly argument. Fact is that the Nissan GTR is one of the most revered sports cars in the world for its accomplishments, aesthetics aside it is an amazing machine. If you look at what Porsche has done with their flat 6 engines with weight reduction and race development you'll see that Porsche is known for making the most out of their engines. Nissan did the same by incorporating the VR engine which they were developing for a long time. MB doesn't have a single car in their lineup that can do as much with as little as the GTR costs.

You can hate on the GTR all you like but when it comes to a general opinion of the car it is and always will be a legendary car. I'm sure 10-20 years down the line if the car goes out of production it will be selling for at least double its current MSRP.

The car has won multiple awards. Listed here.

Awards
  • Top Gear Awards 2007 - Supercar of the Year 2007[104]
  • Autocar - 2008 Drivers Car Of The Year.[105]
  • Automobile Magazine - 2009 Automobile of the Year[106]
  • Evo Magazine - Car of the Year 2008[107]
  • Edmunds.com - 2009 Edmunds' Inside Line Editors' Most Wanted Awards: Instant Classic[108]
  • Motor Trend - 2009 Motor Trend Car of the Year[109]
  • 2008 Japan's Most Advanced Technology Award[110]
  • Popular Mechanics - Automotive Excellence Awards 2008 (Design)[111]
  • Popular Science - Auto Tech Grand Award Winner[112]
  • 2009 International Car of the Year[113]
  • 2009 World Performance Car[114]
  • 2009 Targa Tasmania Modern Champion
  • 2009 Targa West Challenge Modern Champion
  • 2009 Targa West Competition Modern Champion
  • 2010 Redline Time Attack Modified AWD Champion
  • 2010 Targa West Challenge Modern Champion
  • 2010 Targa West Competition Modern Champion
  • 2011 Targa Tasmania Modern Champion
  • 2011 Targa West Competition Modern Champion
  • 2011 Motor Magazine Performance Car Cup Winner

Last edited by Igor1080; 01-02-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:11 PM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by Igor1080
Fact is that the Nissan GTR is one of the most revered sports cars in the world for its accomplishments, aesthetics aside it is an amazing machine.
All these awards and yaps has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Try simple, open any Nissan forum and post there "LOOK WHAT CAR I AM DRIVING" as this person doing here and you will read who should grow up
BTW, fact is that VQ engine at the end of his production life and next G will be with MB engine. So?
http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...with_mercedes/

Last edited by Breitling65; 01-02-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:15 PM

2013 C204
All these awards and yaps has nothing to do with what I said anyway. Try simple, open any Nissan forum and post there "LOOK WHAT CAR I AM DRIVING" as this person doing here and you will read who should grow up
BTW, fact is that VR engine at the end of his production life and next G will be with MB engine. So?
EDIT: The G uses a VQ engine platform which will NOT be replaced by an MB derived engine. What you said above is not at all a fact. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/12/08/r...cedes-smart-m/
The VQ engine has been awarded numerous times in the past couple of years as well. http://www.allbusiness.com/services/...3983751-1.html . If you read that article you'd see that it has been recognized as one of the best engines on the market. Nissan would NEVER do away with the VQ without at least including some iteration of it in their next platform.

I didn't specifically tell you to grow up, I just meant that all this bickering is silly considering the car is widely regarded as a bargain supercar. Its not just the people on this forum but nearly everyone who has anything to do with automotive journalism or engineering has applauded the efforts of the GTR, including its rivals.

Last edited by Igor1080; 01-02-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:27 PM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
The G uses a VQ engine platform which will share some stop star technology with mercedes and some of the blue efficiency features as well. Nissan will NOT be sporting an MB derived engine, EVER.

I didn't specifically tell you to grow up, I just meant that all this bickering is silly considering the car is widely regarded as a bargain supercar. Its not just the people on this forum but nearly everyone who has anything to do with automotive journalism or engineering has applauded the efforts of the GTR, including its rivals.

There is not much history to this car, what are you talking about? Simple Mustang won hundreds times more than GT-R that exist since 2007. Legendary for 3-4 years for what? For paid by super giant Nissan reviews in magazines? Doing 2-3 laps with great speed in Nurburgring? Funny ... What else? Any reputable race they won already with Nissan on GTR besides drag races? Examples?

Besides again, stop being ignorant kid and read my reason. Reason having nothing to do with this car by itself. Otherwise good luck for your posting.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:32 PM

2013 C204
There is not much history to this car, what are you talking about? Simple Mustang won hundreds times more than GT-R that exist since 2007. Legendary for 3-4 years for what? For paid by super giant Nissan reviews in magazines? Doing 2-3 laps with great speed in Nurburgring? Funny ... What else? Any reputable race they won already with Nissan on GTR besides drag races? Examples?

Besides again, stop being ignorant kid and read my reason. Reason having nothing to do with this car by itself. Otherwise good luck for your posting.
You don't know me so why would you assume I'm an "ignorant kid".

The fact stands that you are talking out of your *** about things you clearly don't understand. You don't know English grammar or syntax and you irritate other people on the forum. Stop being so abrasive and arguing with everyone, you dont win anything by arguing on the internet.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
You don't know me so why would you assume I'm an "ignorant kid".

The fact stands that you are talking out of your *** about things you clearly don't understand. You don't know English grammar or syntax and you irritate other people on the form. Stop being so abrasive and arguing with everyone, you dont win anything by arguing on the internet.

Now grammar in play, what else? I could write you in Russian Igor.... Stop being ignorant!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
Now grammar in play, what else? I could write you in Russian Igor.... Stop being ignorant!!!!
I don't know who you are, and frankly I don't care. You appear to be very ignorant and impolite. First if you wish to be a welcomed member of these forums, I would strongly recommend you refrain from needless off-topic ARGUMENTS.

You are in error... I have owned 6 Mercedes Benz's in my lifetime. We currently own a fully equipped GLK 350 4Matic and have a brand new, not yet available C350 4Matic Coupe on order. (Please see link below.)

LINK: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...tic-coupe.html

This thread is only 10 down from this one. So if you were a sharp MBWorld member, you would have realized why I am on this Coupe forum before making those baseless claims as to why I am here in the first place, but you have proven time and time again that you are not. (This thread is your second thread attack against me.)

So typical of a forum troll.

PS: And by stating that you see the similarity between this....

.... and this....

... can only mean one thing... that there is no hope for you my dear fellow!

Last edited by MBRedux; 01-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:17 PM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
Originally Posted by MBRedux
I don't know who you are, I would strongly recommend you refrain
So typical of a forum troll.

He don't know who I am but posting strong recommendations, he don't own C coupe yet but will. However he is owning Nissan now and that the reason I should respect him, he is posting brakes picture from company which is not making brakes for MB, he also posting to any possible MB model forums with his strong suggestions... and .... I am troll
Whatever, I would strongly recommend renaming this forum to the ReduxWorld or GTRWorld than and I am done on this useless place if so.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nissan GT-R BE / '12 Ducati-1199 Panigale S / '12 C300-4M Loaded/GLK350-4M Loaded
I am done on this useless place.
There are plenty of good people here on MBWorld, and loads of information as well... just open your eyes. Alcon will be making 4-8 piston calipers for Mercedes. The only reason these were mentioned was that the OP installed huge 20" wheels on his C-Coupe, thus making the OEM rotors/calipers appear tiny. So I expressed my opinion and an example of how filling up 20" wheels with larger brakes (the GT-R also has 20" wheels) not only improves the looks of the car, but improves the braking performance as well... but you got all freaked out over it because you dislike Nissan products.... especially the GT-R...

We'll be seeing ya!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 PM

2013 C204
We'll be seeing ya!
I think most of us got the reference about the brakes. Including anyone who knows about cars in general
Old 01-03-2012, 01:42 AM

370z, c204 C250
I think most of us got the reference about the brakes. Including anyone who knows about cars in general
Mate, it was like talking to a brick wall lol
Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 E55 - 2008 CLS63 -2016 F-150
whata dumbass this fool is , homeboy simply stated he should look in into a brake package that he is running on his GT-R with the particular wheel setup, that mos defintely can be made to fit a c class if not allready in stock for order .. Dont know why his panties ina buncha or stick up his @$$ but yea next time your car breaks down and you ask a stupid question about why it isnt working dont be surprized if your told to call a dealer or better yet the GT-R owner in question might just have the answer your looking for .. If he owns a GT-R you can almost bet your @$$ hes owned a benz previously and I would bet money it was a AMG .. Man ppl these days

btw the nissan line comparison = Big FAIL .. thats like comparing you c350 to a C63BS SMH .. But one thing I can guarentee you is sit in that GT-R take it for a spin I bet you take that c350 coupe back to the dealer faster then you can think how ugly it looks

Last edited by MBFLO; 01-03-2012 at 02:39 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:46 AM

c coupe
Originally Posted by slktyperice
Just curious why did you go with non-staggered? No rubbing issues in the front with 255 width? You're running very wide in the front and a bit narrow for that, and on top of that, your overall diameter is very much outside recommended limits. Stock overall diameter for rear 245/40/17 is ~24.69" whereas 255/30/20 is ~26.19", so your speedo will be way off. But it looks great! Love the wheels.
Sorry, i got it mix up. My front wheel is actually 245/30/20 not 255.

The only time i got rubbing is when i jump very hard on the bridge. Other than that is fine. I know 20" is very big but i just love the look of it.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:57 AM

c coupe
It now needs larger brakes Tiger... those look dinky inside those 20" wheels... come on man... you know that!

Try these.... I just put a set on my car.

Yes, i know. I actually want AMG red caliber that is on C63 coupe but it's very expensive. I have to pay around US$7,000 here in Thailand.

How much is it for this set? and do i need an adapter to fit in this car? It looks nice!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ You will have to wait a few more months for a a C204 application to become available. The price is hard to say in Thailand but expect it to be competitive to Brembo, and not the AMG caliper, which will be much more.... (where you pay a higher price for the name recognition not performance.)
Old 01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BTW, Maybe you will like another Nissan pretty hand build in your garage? I could see same lines as in your gtr ....
Hate to break to you this way Breitling , but the top brass over at Daimler Benz have chosen Nissan/Renault to be their new partners in engine building. Mercedes Benz has chosen Nissan to build their engines here in the USA, starting with their 1.8L Turbo 4, with it and other designs meant for Nissan's Infiniti line. This all will progress as Mercedes expands their USA operations in the coming years. Each will have a 3%+ stake in the others company.

Link: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...late=mobileart

I told you that Daimler/AMG had respect for the technical know-how of Nissan engineering & manufacturing, especially the hand built GT-R engine!... the real reason I'm here.

Last edited by MBRedux; 01-08-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
20" wheels make a 204 look like a shopping trolley!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:50 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
WOW !!! except for the colour (mine will be diamond white) that is exactly what my C Class coupe will look like, so gorgeous

Love the wheels on this R35 they look awesome, I'm a huge fan of the current GTR and have been following it with interest since its inception.

I also plan to one day own an R35, if not I'm very keen on a 370Z with and I'll equip it with a TT kit

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 20" Wheels & Tires