C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Oooo i noticed the SB, i couldnt drive normal, a mm push on the accelerator felt like i was doing a street race so much to responsive
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
So you would buy again?
Old 07-08-2012, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Nope, i still had it from my prev. W204 Kompressor. So i tryed but not my piece of cake.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:49 AM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
ok
Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM

2009 Evo X 420 AWHP, 2012 C250 Sedan
still have the tune.. still have the intake.. still lovin it..
Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 PM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
Awesome installing mine tonight
Old 07-14-2012, 12:40 PM

2012 C250 Coupe w/ AMG Package
Just a tip for anyone who is interested (hopefully all of you) the tune works better without the intake, the way the intake is working is it is sucking all the hot air in from the engine bay, the sealed original intake works better because is sucking the air from outside not inside the engine bay, yes the intake makes the exhaust sound better and I'm not trying to put everyone off the intake but I noticed better performance from the tune with the stock intake
Old 07-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz C250 Sport Sedan
Originally Posted by davidwhelan3
Just a tip for anyone who is interested (hopefully all of you) the tune works better without the intake, the way the intake is working is it is sucking all the hot air in from the engine bay, the sealed original intake works better because is sucking the air from outside not inside the engine bay, yes the intake makes the exhaust sound better and I'm not trying to put everyone off the intake but I noticed better performance from the tune with the stock intake
Can anyone second this? I don't know if the intake is sucking in hot air all the time or if the factor CAI tubing is providing it with cooler air? Terry from Burger tuning said that it is sucking in hot air but much more air than the factory CAI.

I heard someone else mention that their experience with boosted cars is that the intake doesn't even matter since the turbo is already pushing so much air into the engine, thus rendering the intake rather useless.

I honestly just want to see some dyno results
Old 07-14-2012, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
This is not true at all. Perhaps slightly on Naturally Aspirated (NA) cars. But on turbo cars, the air coming from the exhaust is already heated. Not to mention, that the intake is still in the factory cold air position, just has no heat shield on the top/left side of it, shielding it from the engine. So when you are cruising, you still have cold air coming through the intake tubes, but when idling, you may get some heat soak.

However, it doesn't really matter, when it comes down to this, the factory air box may have slightly cooler air, but it is much more restrictive, drawing in less volume then the K&N intake. The K&N intake, may have more heat, but it has much more volume to make up for it. Also, when you look at pumping losses (how hard the engine has to work) they are much less for hotter air, then for cooler air, as there is less vacuum and the throttle is opened more.

To put it simply, I have the intake, I have the tune at 100% with my free-flowing exhaust setup, and I don't hit OverBoost, you can tell that my vehicle is considerably faster then the stock C250 coupe that I also have, and whats more, is that I get phenomenal MPG, my highest route average so far was 42.8mpg! (30% city, 70% highway driving).

So the bottom line is this. The burger intake definitely doesn't hurt performance, and while it might not improve it, in my opinion, the sound of the intake alone is worth the modification!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 PM

C250 coupe
Jctevere, still waiting to see an acceleration vid of your car with the tune, intake and exhaust. Show us what she can do!
Old 07-15-2012, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
Originally Posted by jctevere
This is not true at all. Perhaps slightly on Naturally Aspirated (NA) cars. But on turbo cars, the air coming from the exhaust is already heated. Not to mention, that the intake is still in the factory cold air position, just has no heat shield on the top/left side of it, shielding it from the engine. So when you are cruising, you still have cold air coming through the intake tubes, but when idling, you may get some heat soak.

However, it doesn't really matter, when it comes down to this, the factory air box may have slightly cooler air, but it is much more restrictive, drawing in less volume then the K&N intake. The K&N intake, may have more heat, but it has much more volume to make up for it. Also, when you look at pumping losses (how hard the engine has to work) they are much less for hotter air, then for cooler air, as there is less vacuum and the throttle is opened more.

To put it simply, I have the intake, I have the tune at 100% with my free-flowing exhaust setup, and I don't hit OverBoost, you can tell that my vehicle is considerably faster then the stock C250 coupe that I also have, and whats more, is that I get phenomenal MPG, my highest route average so far was 42.8mpg! (30% city, 70% highway driving).

So the bottom line is this. The burger intake definitely doesn't hurt performance, and while it might not improve it, in my opinion, the sound of the intake alone is worth the modification!
I personally didn't like the way the car reacted to the intake. I removed it two days ago after having it in the car for 3 months or so. I didn't like the sound that the intake makes at low RPM's, it sounds like it's making the turbo work harder and spool up unnecessarily, if thats even possible.

As far as having the tune at 100% you don't feel like it's a bit risky to run the boost that much higher than stock? I had a friend warn me about the JB chip after his 135i turbo's blew out, it was a $15,000 mistake.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:36 AM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
Installed the jb tune and intake yesterday. Job was pretty simple especially with the guide online. Only thing is after riding it for a few hours I popped the hood to dial up the tune and the little blue turn piece was rattling around in the box along with the tiny white piece. Do these pieces have to be on the dial with that little white piece pushing down. I don't feel like I have felt any sort of additional boost or torque. Intake sounds great but please help me out in response to the tuner. Again, the issue is the blue little dial (to control min/max) has fallen off along with the little white piece. Is this affecting the tune?
Old 07-16-2012, 02:58 PM

2006 audi a4
Originally Posted by Mrpster
Installed the jb tune and intake yesterday. Job was pretty simple especially with the guide online. Only thing is after riding it for a few hours I popped the hood to dial up the tune and the little blue turn piece was rattling around in the box along with the tiny white piece. Do these pieces have to be on the dial with that little white piece pushing down. I don't feel like I have felt any sort of additional boost or torque. Intake sounds great but please help me out in response to the tuner. Again, the issue is the blue little dial (to control min/max) has fallen off along with the little white piece. Is this affecting the tune?

It's definitely broken, you should reach out to Terry and do an exchange/refund.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:10 PM

C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
Hey Dave, ok ye I thought so. I just sent Terry and email. Hopefully we can get it resolved, thanks.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:27 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
I am thinking of getting the tune and intake, I would love more low end torque. Couple questions...I know the answers are in the thread but don't feel like reading 8 pages.

Is there a stage 2 tune or only stage 1?
How much is the tune plus the intake?
Would you recommend doing the tune and intake together, or just the tune?
Can I install it myself?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Finally got around to doing a 0-60 test after my tune and intake. It seems to be a consistent .5-.7 second 0-60 improvement over stock rating of 7 seconds. Also, on my channel, you will find a video of my quad exhaust modification so you can hear what that sounds like. For all those wondering, I am running the tune at 100% and also have the intake installed.

@ 2012 C250 Coupe

Currently there is only a stage 1 tune. The stage 2 tune will require replacement of the factory waste gate and should improve WOT 0-60 applications. However, R&D is not yet done for that. If my memory serves me correctly, the tune is $299 and the intake is about $100. I would definitely recommend getting them together and both are very easy for you to install yourself. Especially considering that Terry (Burger Tuning) has DIY up on their website, greatly simplifying installation.

You can look at my videos of the intake. It greatly alters the sound and I think its definitely worth it.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 AM

2012 C250 Coupe
I'm getting the intake soon but not so sure about the tune... any idea AT ALL when Stage 2 might be ready for production?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:29 PM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by jctevere
But on turbo cars, the air coming from the exhaust is already heated.
Charged air is most certainly not heated...what would lead you to believe this?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:34 PM

to anyone not sure about the tune.. this is the best bang for buck mod on any car i have ever owned.. are you kidding me? plug in a few wires and 40tq to your butt cheeks? for under $300?? what? come again????

get it
Old 07-23-2012, 01:41 PM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by MRC250
I heard someone else mention that their experience with boosted cars is that the intake doesn't even matter since the turbo is already pushing so much air into the engine, thus rendering the intake rather useless.
I said this. The commonly held belief is that a turbocharger can move such a great volume of air that it really doesn't need any help--of course opening the intake will allow for more breathing, but not a ton. From the pictures I have seen of the intake, it looks like not only does it sit directly on top of the intake manifold (not a bad thing in itself), but it is pretty much at the highest point of the engine bay, and as we all know, hot air rises. Our factory intake, like most intakes, is plumbed to safely suck cool air from down lower, near the fender.

The people who design our cars are not train hobos who lick earwax off their fingers...these are really intelligent people who usually have the letters "P.H.d." after their name. It's not as if they were sitting around designing the intake hose of the car and decided to make it as restrictive as possible. Their intent is to make something that is reliable, safe, economical, and quiet, while still providing performance.

Intakes help, but I would say that they aren't needed on this car, until you start pushing serious boost with a bigger turbo. I would save my money for a downpipe and/or diverter valve.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:55 PM

2005 CLK500
Where does the little front air scoop direct air to? Does that hook directly into the factory air box?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:56 PM

what's all this debate about this cone filter .. or "intake" if you will..

it's a given that it doesn't do jack as far as power.. duh.. but it sounds cool and is the ONLY reason to get it.. i got it way back like on day 1.. it sounds amazing because it's deep when engine is under load.. and when you dump the throttle it lets out a hiss to remind you of the turbo..

get it for the sound.. you're wasting time debating if a cone filter will give you more power
Old 07-23-2012, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by _Bondo_
Where does the little front air scoop direct air to? Does that hook directly into the factory air box?

yes the scoop feeds air straight to the intake box.. with the cone filter it still feeds to the same location but now you have no top of the box..

will you get more hot air? yes at a stand still.. will you notice anything? no..

once up and moving the air getting rammed into the scoop will be more than enough to feed the cone..
Old 07-23-2012, 03:00 PM

2005 CLK500
Originally Posted by silversx
what's all this debate about this cone filter .. or "intake" if you will..

it's a given that it doesn't do jack as far as power.. duh.. but it sounds cool and is the ONLY reason to get it.. i got it way back like on day 1.. it sounds amazing because it's deep when engine is under load.. and when you dump the throttle it lets out a hiss to remind you of the turbo..

get it for the sound.. you're wasting time debating if a cone filter will give you more power
Turbo sounds are awesome. I got my fill with my 16g Talon TSi AWD with an HKS SSQV. I'd never seen a jogger jump 10 feet in the air until I had that car hahahaha
Old 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM

2012 C250 Coupe
How do we get in contact with Terry?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?