C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C250 Blk\Blk/Alum
Spoke with Terry the other day and he is willing to fix the tune for me, it was not even a hassle and he said right away to ship it to him. I will be in Aruba for the next few weeks but will let you know when I get it fixed and update on how the run is. Guy or gal above me the email for Terry is terry@burgertuning.com. This guy is right on the money with responding and answering all questions which is comforting when buying a product over the internet, goodluck.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 AM

C250
Hi guys!

I'm very curious about the transmission work. I've tried the race-chip box - the transmission became jerky. The were powerful hits down there, so I had to remove it.
What about BMS box - how does it affect the transmission smoothness?
Old 07-30-2012, 11:21 AM

C250
Hey!
Anybody here?
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by bersoncheg
Hey!
Anybody here?

I think nobody is responding because they do not understand what you are trying to say.
Old 07-31-2012, 12:58 AM

C250
Originally Posted by Kevin82
I think nobody is responding because they do not understand what you are trying to say.
Sorry, I will try one more time.

My question is about transmission work. Is it absolutely smooth with extra power from BMS tune? Have you had any feeling that TCU can't deal with ECU? I'm asking, because I've had a bad experience with this: http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...EF-3919-r.html
Extra power made my C250 jerky. The shiftings were rough.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:06 AM

C250
Originally Posted by Allen416
I am a beta tester, and I am pleased so far. It is exactly as described, peak HP is not too high, but the torque is what you can really feel in spirited driving. I have about 1,000 miles with the jb+ and no issues so far.
Do you use factory settings?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:22 PM

C250 Coupe 2011 AMG Package
Sorry, I will try one more time.

My question is about transmission work. Is it absolutely smooth with extra power from BMS tune? Have you had any feeling that TCU can't deal with ECU? I'm asking, because I've had a bad experience with this: http://www.racechip.de/racechip-chip...EF-3919-r.html
Extra power made my C250 jerky. The shiftings were rough.
hi, i already use the JB+. So far SO GOOD. The shifting for the gears still smooth and normal. What do you mean by jerky? I always use S Mode when im driving alone and when my wife and baby aboard, i use E Mode . So far the transmission work fine and smooth.

Question, if you remove the Racechip, is it smooth? or still rough? Have you try to remove it?
Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM

C250
Originally Posted by paleface
hi, i already use the JB+. So far SO GOOD. The shifting for the gears still smooth and normal. What do you mean by jerky? I always use S Mode when im driving alone and when my wife and baby aboard, i use E Mode . So far the transmission work fine and smooth.

Question, if you remove the Racechip, is it smooth? or still rough? Have you try to remove it?
It is ok without. Shiftings on high revs were rough - not smooth at all.
Waiting for my BMS to come
Old 08-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Originally Posted by nlpamg
I'm JUST about to pull the trigger on this.

For those of you that have it for a while, have you taken your car in for maintenance? Did the dealer notice it or say anything?
Let us know how you like it!

http://burgertuning.com/instructions...50_install.pdf
Old 08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by splinter
Thanks, John!

Well, you guys can add me to the list of C250 Coupes running the JB+.

My buddy MJ50 came over last night to help me install it. It wasn't as easy as a 5 minute job.

Originally Posted by Igor1080
Firstly, the installation is not that simple, the MAP sensor was stuck on so hard that I cut thumb completely open trying to pry it off. <-can't do this anymore.
This was the truth! MJ was trying to get the MAP sensor connector off and cut his thumb. Luckily, I had the authentic Germany issued bandages from the European MB First Aid Kit, lol:

Aside from that, the install was smooth.

The car seems to have more power after 2.5k RPM. I like how the throttle response seems to have quickened as well. I don't like how at times when I'm accelerating, I feel a slight jerk. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

All in all, the car feels quicker and I think it was a very good mod for the money. I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:48 AM

C250
Thanks, John!
I don't like how at times when I'm accelerating, I feel a slight jerk. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

All in all, the car feels quicker and I think it was a very good mod for the money. I'll keep you guys updated.
Scared of it...
Old 08-10-2012, 01:17 PM

2012 c250 Coupe
It is ok without. Shiftings on high revs were rough - not smooth at all.
Waiting for my BMS to come
Try disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery for 10 minutes so that the ECU can reset.

I did this yesterday and my car no longer shudders on hard accelleration on upper RPMs, right before a shift. Also, I think it fixed my car going to limp mode on moderate/hard acceleration when I hope on freeway on ramp. Car feels so much better now.

I recommend if anyone installs jb+ or intake, disconnect your battery so that ECU can start fresh with the mods.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Try disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery for 10 minutes so that the ECU can reset.

I did this yesterday and my car no longer shudders on hard accelleration on upper RPMs, right before a shift. Also, I think it fixed my car going to limp mode on moderate/hard acceleration when I hope on freeway on ramp. Car feels so much better now.

I recommend if anyone installs jb+ or intake, disconnect your battery so that ECU can start fresh with the mods.
But doesn't a 10 minute battery disconnect result in many items needing to be reset? Radio? Windows, etc?
Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

That sounds good, but I don't really want to disconnect the battery.

I'll try the throttle reset first:

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:45 PM

2012 c250 Coupe
Originally Posted by jctevere
But doesn't a 10 minute battery disconnect result in many items needing to be reset? Radio? Windows, etc?
Not sure about what happens after 10 minutes because I disconnected for about 8 minutes. But when I did that I still had all of my presets for everything.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:47 PM

2012 c250 Coupe
That sounds good, but I don't really want to disconnect the battery.

I'll try the throttle reset first:

1. Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

2. Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

3. Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

4. Wait at least two minutes for ECU to reset.
Nice. Does this just reset ECU?
Old 08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

I did the reset last night and the car "seems" smoother, but I'm not sure if it worked.

But, I'm having problems with it.

When we installed it, I didn't touch any of the knobs or open it up.

I installed it on Thursday and it drove fine. I drove it on Friday morning and afternoon and it drove fine. I parked it on Friday night and didn't touch it until Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning, 5 - 10 minutes into driving it, I noticed I had no power--the turbo wasn't engaging. I would push the throttle to 4,000 rpm and no power, no torque. Luckily I was able to pull over and turn off the car and restart it. After that, it was perfectly fine.

I e-mailed Terry and he said it sounds like an overboost error and to lower the boost. (Terry has been fantastic and very helpful the entire time.) I decided to see what happens after I do the throttle reset. So, last night before I left work, I did the throttle reset (not sure if it worked though) and the car drove perfect all night long.

This morning, the car was fine, but again 5-10 minutes into my morning commute, I lost power, ON THE FREEWAY. Luckily, I had built up enough speed that I was able to coast along and stop safely. When I stopped, I turned off the car and turned it back on. Car was fine after that.

Each of the times, I was just warming up the car and not even at more than 1/3 throttle. I never get past 3.5k rpm when I warm up. So there's no chance that the boost could have peaked. Any ideas?

Last edited by nlpamg; 08-15-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I did the reset last night and the car "seems" smoother, but I'm not sure if it worked.

But, I'm having problems with it.

When we installed it, I didn't touch any of the knobs or open it up.

I installed it on Thursday and it drove fine. I drove it on Friday morning and afternoon and it drove fine. I parked it on Friday night and didn't touch it until Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning, 5 - 10 minutes into driving it, I noticed I had no power--the turbo wasn't engaging. I would push the throttle to 4,000 rpm and no power, no torque. Luckily I was able to pull over and turn off the car and restart it. After that, it was perfectly fine.

I e-mailed Terry and he said it sounds like an overboost error and to lower the boost. (Terry has been fantastic and very helpful the entire time.) I decided to see what happens after I do the throttle reset. So, last night before I left work, I did the throttle reset (not sure if it worked though) and the car drove perfect all night long.

This morning, the car was fine, but again 5-10 minutes into my morning commute, I lost power, ON THE FREEWAY. Luckily, I had built up enough speed that I was able to coast along and stop safely. When I stopped, I turned off the car and turned it back on. Car was fine after that.

Each of the times, I was just warming up the car and not even at more than 1/3 throttle. I never get past 3.5k rpm when I warm up. So there's no chance that the boost could have peaked. Any ideas?
Actually, 2-4k with the tune is when peak boost occurs. I have found that I most commonly hit Overboost when I drive "heavily" rather than lightly or Wide open throttle. And so I would hit Overboost around 2,500-3,500 RPM. However the car exhibits some symptoms ususally before overboost is hit. It will start to have inconsistent power, lurching forward and back. If you pull off the throttle then, chances are you will prevent overboost. You kind of need to learn how to adjust your driving so it doesn't happen.

As far as those reset steps above go. That does NOT reset the ECU. It instead resets the TCU, which is the transmission control unit that creates the driver profiles for adaptive driving. When you reset it it goes back to stock settings, increasing sensitivity and responsiveness (until you start to drive like a granny again). I don't reccommend doing this with the tune as I did this and hit overboost often until the tranny adapted to the increased power.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...5-10 minutes into my morning commute, I lost power, ON THE FREEWAY...
Damn…that’s a heaping dose of not good. You’re very fortunate you weren’t run over on the 405!
I’m all for sensible performance modifications, but being left without thrust -through no fault of your own- is seldom a pleasant experience.

Best wishes on getting things squared away.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:43 AM

2012 c250 Coupe
Nlpamg and jctevere,

Do the battery disconnect (negative terminal) for 10 minutes. Trust me on this. I experienced the same exact symptoms both of you had:

1) losing boost/limp mode jumping on freeway in the morning (always in the morning, never after work)
2) having to let go of throttle when the car is "lurching" or else it will go to limp mode

Battery disconnect made the car much more smooth. I don't get that lurch and shifts feel smoother.

It's easy to get to battery: remove that plastic air circulation box on the upper left corner of engine bay by unclipping the 3 clips then then battery is right there.

You will thank me later.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:41 PM

2012 C250
Just received mine and intending to install this weekend. Now I am a little concerned about it. Not interested in losing power when I pull out to pass someone ......

Reading over the directions I notice it says to lock the doors and wait 10 minutes ????? or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before installing anyway. Is this something that everyone has been neglecting to do or what?

Thanks
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pparker1213
Just received mine and intending to install this weekend. Now I am a little concerned about it. Not interested in losing power when I pull out to pass someone ......

Reading over the directions I notice it says to lock the doors and wait 10 minutes ????? or disconnect the battery for 10 minutes before installing anyway. Is this something that everyone has been neglecting to do or what?

Thanks
I definitely locked the doors and waited over 10 minutes.

I turned down the adjustment by a notch. Mine came shipped at 50%. I don't know why I'm getting over boost at that level.

The knob stock:
C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?-5905b628-a9b0-473e-af36-32586a139dfe-18823-00000de59b248a74.jpg

OBDII reader:
C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?-f60e15bf-25bb-47b1-b3b7-fc8c4e1c0e05-18823-00000de59fc2bed9.jpg

The car seemed fine this morning, but I want to drive it for a bit before I make an evaluation.

Terry won't let me return it, but he advised me that it's covered by a 12 month warranty and that I can send it back to him to have them check it for any defects. I'll probably do that and sell it. If anyone is interested in purchasing mine, please let me know.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Nlpamg and jctevere,

Do the battery disconnect (negative terminal) for 10 minutes. Trust me on this. I experienced the same exact symptoms both of you had:

1) losing boost/limp mode jumping on freeway in the morning (always in the morning, never after work)
2) having to let go of throttle when the car is "lurching" or else it will go to limp mode

Battery disconnect made the car much more smooth. I don't get that lurch and shifts feel smoother.

It's easy to get to battery: remove that plastic air circulation box on the upper left corner of engine bay by unclipping the 3 clips then then battery is right there.

You will thank me later.
Thanks, Kevin.

I didn't know the symptoms were that severe. I'll try to disconnect the battery, but I'm not feeling this much anymore. Odd that it only does it in the mornings.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
I will try it and get back to you. I definitely did not do that when I installed it. Also, it seems ECU related. Because you will notice you will have a smooth ride or not within a few minutes. Also, if you drive aggressively, the car might do a little lurch, and you feel the ECU tweak settings, and then you get the lurching the whole time until you restart. I am going to contact a rogue MB mechanic and see if he can go in and change things manually to fix this.

Also, you don't lose ALL power, you just lose a lot of it. But the car will still accelerate, but unfortnuately, like a prius. LOL
Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jctevere
I will try it and get back to you. I definitely did not do that when I installed it. Also, it seems ECU related. Because you will notice you will have a smooth ride or not within a few minutes. Also, if you drive aggressively, the car might do a little lurch, and you feel the ECU tweak settings, and then you get the lurching the whole time until you restart. I am going to contact a rogue MB mechanic and see if he can go in and change things manually to fix this.

Also, you don't lose ALL power, you just lose a lot of it. But the car will still accelerate, but unfortnuately, like a prius. LOL
Honestly, I don't want to deal with this. I just wanted some added power to my car with no issues.

If I wanted real power, I can drive my GT-R. This car was supposed to be a calm commuter that I wouldn't have to worry about and that I could take where I couldn't take my other cars (e.g. when I have to valet park it).

The power loss is not like a Prius, it's worse.

That being said, I'm not too impressed by it or happy with it.

I'm going to sell it:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...s-jb-c250.html

Last edited by nlpamg; 08-17-2012 at 08:01 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C250 Coupe Tune available from Burger-Motorsports?