Does 4matic not have Dynamic Handling!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Civic
Does 4matic not have Dynamic Handling!?

Owners of 4matic coupes, please chime in: I was looking at the Canadian brochure today and I noticed that it said under the Dynamic Handling option that it is only for RWD! Does your car have Dynamic Handling? In canada, every C350 coupe comes with this so I would be pissed if the 4matic don't have this feature any more.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
Originally Posted by DinB
Owners of 4matic coupes, please chime in: I was looking at the Canadian brochure today and I noticed that it said under the Dynamic Handling option that it is only for RWD! Does your car have Dynamic Handling? In canada, every C350 coupe comes with this so I would be pissed if the 4matic don't have this feature any more.
where can I see if mine has it? yes stupid question but this thing has so many things I am still digging them up
Old 04-22-2012, 10:08 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by cavasotti
where can I see if mine has it? yes stupid question but this thing has so many things I am still digging them up
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that one way to tell (other than looking at the detailed car specs) is to see if you can change the ride from sport to comfort? Dynamic handling is supposed to change a few things in the car like the suspension to change the car from a more sporty driving car to a more comfy one depending on the setting.

Basically, do you have a setting to change the car from comfort to sport mode?

Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 10:21 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that one way to tell (other than looking at the detailed car specs) is to see if you can change the ride from sport to comfort? Dynamic handling is supposed to change a few things in the car like the suspension to change the car from a more sporty driving car to a more comfy one depending on the setting.

Basically, do you have a setting to change the car from comfort to sport mode?

Thanks
Mine just has a button to change from Economy to Sport. I dont have one to change from Comfort to Sport. As far as I tested I only noticed that on Sport mode the car keep the gear longer raving higher.. I just look on my sticker with all the options and I didnt see Dynamic Handling in it.
Hope this helps.. Thanks
Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 PM

C350 4matic Coupe
Also, I was just building another coupe on mbusa.com and it doesnt show this option anywhere..
Old 04-22-2012, 11:34 PM

2012 350 4M
My understanding is that it does. The CDN C350 4M Coupe ships with different 'packages' as decided by MB CDA for the Canadian market place and I understand that DH is one of them.

Check the .ca site you'll notice that one of the ticked options is 'sport handling'

I pick mine up next week Saturday, Magnitite black, loaded with the 7 spoke wheels.

Cheers,
Two
Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 PM

09 C63, 14 ML350
Your correct .. 4matic coupes do not have dynamic handling pack.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 AM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by cchu
Your correct .. 4matic coupes do not have dynamic handling pack.
They took away the feature that made this car a great value compared to Audi where dynamic handling is a very expensive option.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM

09 C63, 14 ML350
They took away the feature that made this car a great value compared to Audi where dynamic handling is a very expensive option.
To be honest the adaptive dampers make very minimal difference ... However the way the steering wheel tightens is nice
Old 04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
gei

C350 Coupe
The steering is wayyyyy too loose without sport mode on.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:16 PM

Honda Civic
Is there a mechanical/technical reason for taking this out or does MB figure that people that like 4matic don't care about driving? With German car yearly updates there always seems to be two stops forward, one step back kinda deal.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 C350 coupe; 2013 ML350
dynamic handling in a 4matic sounds like an oxymoron...to me anyway.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
I don't think that it would fit with 4matic... With that said, the steering is "tighter" stock on a 4matic then a RWD. I refer to the motto - "Don't knock it till you try it!"
Old 04-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by jctevere
I don't think that it would fit with 4matic... With that said, the steering is "tighter" stock on a 4matic then a RWD. I refer to the motto - "Don't knock it till you try it!"
Yeah, I am thinking of visiting my dealer tomorrow to test drive one if they have 4matic demo coupes.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by nomoremustang
dynamic handling in a 4matic sounds like an oxymoron...to me anyway.
Well yes and no. Sure, most pure race cars are RWD, but there are more and more fast AWD cars like the GT-R, R8, RS5, etc etc. The simple fact, unmless you go for C63, even the C350 RWD is not a real race car. To 95% of the population, having the ability to enjoy 4matic while being able to adjust ride settings would be a worthwile compromise for having a bit less sportiness than RWD.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM

C350 Coupe 4matic
Yeah, I am thinking of visiting my dealer tomorrow to test drive one if they have 4matic demo coupes.

Let us know what the verdict is!
I have a 4matic coupe on the way and was a little sad when i saw that the dynamic handling was N/A on it.

Been reading lots and it looks like its half half on if its good or even noticable. so ya, let me know please!
Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 AM

Honda Civic
Ok, so I took a long test drive on my own today. Took twisty roads, highway, and some smaller streets/parking lots. I was a bit shocked to see that the 4matic doesn't have wheel shift paddles for changing gears?! I didn't realize that shift paddles were part of the dynamic handling package.

The really strange thing was this... normally you would expect the wheel to be stiffer at high speed and more lose at lower speed, right? However, the 4matic coupe I drove felt more lose at high speed and very stiff in the parking lot! I mentioned this to the sales person when I returned and he also found it strange. Does anybody here with a 4matic coupe experience the same thing?