Looking to install winter wheels on 2013 Sport+ C250

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Black C250 Sport+
Looking to install winter wheels on 2013 Sport+ C250

I've got a 2013 C250 with Sport+ package. It's got 13.5 inch brakes up in the front, and they fill up the standard 18" two-tone wheels pretty good. Thing is since I live in NY and I have to drive up a hill to get home I need snow tires. I'd like to go to 17'' and narrower tires for practicality. However, Tirerack doesn't have fitment listed for C250 with Sport+ package, and winter is coming. They said they were planning on testing one but didn't get a hold of my specific model yet. Any idea how I can find wheels that might fit on my car? I don't want to spend a lot of money on them- they will be driven through muck and slush, after all. Just cheap rims, good snow tires, no TPMS. I can take them on and off myself, I have all the tools at home.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02 PM

Mercedes C350 4M Coupe
I have a similar Qs actually and I live in Canada which makes it more crucial..
Mine is C350 coupe with 18" 225 in front and 255 in the back. At the dealer they said they recommend the same size for front and back and suggesting 225 for all 4. However I'm debating maybe I should get all four 255 instead to keep the look! and they said they have these new tires with Nitrogen which is better??
Any input on that would be appreciated.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:41 PM

2013 Black C250 Sport+
Dealer is right about the tires. Narrower the tire the better in snow, since you don't want the weight spread over wide tires like a snowboard, creating sliding effect. Nitrogen is no big deal since regular air is already about 75% nitrogen. Just check your tires once in a while with a tire guage.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:33 AM

190 evoII replica
Don't get 255 for the winter. Get the 225 on all fours. Is better.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
215/50-17 Blizzak WS70 on all four corners on 17x7 or 7.5" rims with offset in the high 40s. Tirerack can supply and ship all mounted and balanced.
Old 11-09-2012, 11:33 AM

2013 C350 Coupe 4Matic
Originally Posted by C350C4MDriver
I have a similar Qs actually and I live in Canada which makes it more crucial..
Mine is C350 coupe with 18" 225 in front and 255 in the back. At the dealer they said they recommend the same size for front and back and suggesting 225 for all 4. However I'm debating maybe I should get all four 255 instead to keep the look! and they said they have these new tires with Nitrogen which is better??
Any input on that would be appreciated.
Really depends on where in Canada you live. MB winter package for the car has 225/45/17 all around. If you want even better traction, you go with a narrower tire.

I live in Calgary and we get our share of snow, but we also get days in the dead of winter when we go well into the pluses, so I opted to go with the same size for my tires as the MB package. I also went with a performance snow tire, for the same reason, as opposed to the hard core snow tires. I think with my car being 4Matic, and our temps sometimes being all over the map in Calgary, I'll still be doing alright with this set up.

We had snow here yesterday. The picture below is from the morning. There was a lot more snow by the evening, and I got around just fine. BTW, this was my first real experience with 4Matic in snow. Coming from an ex-quattro owner, I can confirm this 4Matic works very well. I would probably have been ok on my all seasons, but I was happy to have the snows on for better traction and stopping (Dunlop 3D Winters, non run flat).

Nitrogen is good if you want to do it. Less likely to leak. I have air in mine, but that's your personal preference.

Finally, one note on TPMS. Your Canadian C coupe has a system that senses tire pressure, but it's not done with a sensor in the rim...so you don't need to worry about buying that. I have not and I have no extra lights going off in my gauge cluster. It's just business as usual.

I got my C3504M on a set of 17" TSW Zolders. They look good on it, IMO. Got the package at 1010 tires, and then installed them for 40 bucks at my local tire place.

Hope this helps,

JP

Pardon the lousy cell phone pic, but I think she even looks sexy when dirty like this....lol...

Old 11-13-2012, 10:45 AM

C250 Coupe
I just had 225/40 R18's installed on the AMG package 7-spoke 18" (8.0 front, 8.5 back) rims last friday. There's not much rubber to protect the rims now, but it's a legal combination here in Germany that doesn't need special certification.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:31 PM

2013 Black C250 Sport+
I ordered one snow tire/wheel setup from Tirerack. It was a 17'' setup. I took a chance because the wheel might not fit onto the 13.5'' brakes that comes with Sport+ package on my C250. It barely fit. I had to shine light from inside of the rim and run a wire between the brake caliper and the wire to take sure the wheel cleared the brakes. All worked out fine but there was about 1 mm space between the caliper and the new wheel. Too close for comfort. Anyway, ordered 3 more today and looks like I'll be able to run 17'' snow setup for the winter. Only cost me $1050 for the entire setup too. Cheap! The tires look like tractor tires, which will be good for driving up my steep driveway unplowed.