To: Terry@BMS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C Coupe
Talking To: Terry@BMS

Hey Terry!

Just saw a thread over at n54tech regarding the "kickdown blocker" (click here for link).

I was just wondering if this can also be done for the C250 as well? Please let us know, I think a lot of us might like this mod

*Sorry for making a thread directed at you; I was unable to PM you.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Email is the best way to reach me.

Unfortunately the concept won't work for the C250 as the throttle does not have a dedicated kick down position switch. Instead it's based on the pedal reading and gear.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM

C Coupe
Got it! Would you be able to modify it via electronics? I saw on that thread that you're also considering making an electronic version of the fix...

All these little drawbacks from an otherwise perfect (to me) vehicle... Only if there were a vehicle that combined both the looks of the MB and the swift transmission response of the BMW... That'd be perfection.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM
SPONSOR

No plans to address that issue for the C250, sorry.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 PM

C Coupe
One last thing I want to ask you Terry (off topic), since I've made this thread already.

It's to my knowledge that increasing the dial on the JB+ for the C250 increases boost, which would increase the overall HP and torque of the vehicle.

I'd like to know what % the car shown on the dyno chart was set at to gain the 40 tq and 20 hp. Was it at the stock 50% setting? If it was at 100%, I'd assume more HP and TA than the numbers shown on the dyno?
Old 02-06-2013, 05:39 PM
SPONSOR

IIRC 80-100%. The dial increases or decreases low end torque but has no effect on power over 4500rpm, as that is limited by the small turbo.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 PM

C Coupe
Originally Posted by Terry@BMS
IIRC 80-100%. The dial increases or decreases low end torque but has no effect on power over 4500rpm, as that is limited by the small turbo.
So the stock 50% is half of the numbers shown on the dyno? Still a noticeable difference...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:20 PM
SPONSOR

No, it's not a linear scale. 50% will be a bit less on torque, same power.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLC Coupe
Terry, is the JB able to install onto E250? If yes, is it plug and play??

Thanks
Old 02-06-2013, 08:56 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AllEyesOnMe

All these little drawbacks from an otherwise perfect (to me) vehicle... Only if there were a vehicle that combined both the looks of the MB and the swift transmission response of the BMW... That'd be perfection.
On this topic just recently test driven a petrol C250 sedan with the AMG 'sport plus' package and those issues above have been addressed.

It is much more responsive than before both engine throttle and the transmission, the downshift rev matching is also a nice addition.

It is a pity MB have taken so long to put some of these more dynamic driving features to most of their range like BMW and Audi have been doing for years.

Not that this is of any use to current non AMG sport plus featured vehicles, but I'm still trying to find out if some of these additions are purely software related in which case there could be a possibility of upgrading other C250's vis software downloads
Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM

C Coupe
Hi Terry,

I'm not trying to make this into an Ask Terry thread haha but I have a question about either the intake or JB....

After i installed both, i noticed under 2k RPM with slow acceleration, i'd hear a gurgling sound coming from the engine that disappears after passing ~2k rpm. Is this normal?

Originally Posted by AV1
On this topic just recently test driven a petrol C250 sedan with the AMG 'sport plus' package and those issues above have been addressed.

It is much more responsive than before both engine throttle and the transmission, the downshift rev matching is also a nice addition.

It is a pity MB have taken so long to put some of these more dynamic driving features to most of their range like BMW and Audi have been doing for years.

Not that this is of any use to current non AMG sport plus featured vehicles, but I'm still trying to find out if some of these additions are purely software related in which case there could be a possibility of upgrading other C250's vis software downloads
Please let me know if you find a solution to a "true" manual mode shifting for our automatic.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:48 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Hi Terry,

Please let me know if you find a solution to a "true" manual mode shifting for our automatic.
I don't think you'll ever get true manual mode on our transmission simply because it can't operate that way unlike proper automated dual clutch auto type transmissions or the updated autos currently fitted to AMG's like that on the C63.
The new A class range are being fitted with proper dual clutch, that'll follow suit on all models
Old 02-11-2013, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E250 CGI Coupe
Originally Posted by blackmercs
Terry, is the JB able to install onto E250? If yes, is it plug and play??

Thanks
I dont think Terry would have tested it on a E250. I've been running jb for almost a year(i think) on my E250 CGI coupe, left it at 80% and have burger pod filter fitted as well, drive it quite hard most times and its never given me any problems till now.

and yeah, its plug and play, very simple yet rewarding
Old 02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
SPONSOR

Hi Terry,

I'm not trying to make this into an Ask Terry thread haha but I have a question about either the intake or JB....

After i installed both, i noticed under 2k RPM with slow acceleration, i'd hear a gurgling sound coming from the engine that disappears after passing ~2k rpm. Is this normal?

Sounds like normal turbo spool noise from the higher targets.