Renntech Carbon Fibre Front Strut Brace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 02:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 Coupe
Renntech Carbon Fibre Front Strut Brace

Hi All,

I just had this installed on my car. I don't know many people that have it or at least have shared their experiences - think I found like one or two posts on the net but not much.

I really like it so I wanted to share some pictures with the forum. If you're interested in my thoughts on its benefits, you can find that here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...0-coupe-2.html

**The forum wouldn't let me re-post my pics again so you'll have to use the link...sorry guys.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 ML350 Black/Black
I saw rear one there as well, seem great performance oriented upgrade. I like it, but price tag is hefty as for me, sounds like people created magic "carbon fiber" word to charge lot more ... I am sure aluminum made will work same way with 3 times less charge for example.

http://smercengineering.com/onlinest...rut_brace.html

Last edited by Breitling65; 03-03-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C350 4matic Coupe
I agree breitling. It's just so damn hard to find any performance parts for c350 coupes.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by Eric.i.gonzalez
I agree breitling. It's just so damn hard to find any performance parts for c350 coupes.
It is true, there isn't heaps available for the C350. There is a little bit though. I think I'll make a thread for C350 mods to share with everyone and help out. I'll try and get it done this week.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:33 PM

2013 C350 4matic Coupe
That would be awesome, bro! I found the first one. Lol.

http://www.midcityengineering.com/

Their products are great. Quality stuff. All you gotta do is find a quality installer.

And I've got another one to share for a guy who machines his own tow hook front lisence plate bracket. I will post that as soon as I get the email addy from my work email tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C 350 Coupe
Did you notice any improvement in handling after the install?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 59 Likes on 52 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
That would be awesome, bro! I found the first one. Lol.

http://www.midcityengineering.com/

Their products are great. Quality stuff. All you gotta do is find a quality installer.

And I've got another one to share for a guy who machines his own tow hook front lisence plate bracket. I will post that as soon as I get the email addy from my work email tomorrow.
Interesting link, I've seen this before

Do you know of anyone (or even yourself) here on the forum who's tried any of these add ons ?? if so a specific item review would be great

As for things like strut braces etc. given more time I'm sure more of these sorts of items will become available, it's always many years that pass before you see many modification items become available for car models, sometimes it's even after that model has long ended, so S/H owners down the track usually benefit.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 PM

2013 C350 4matic Coupe
I have Mid City's remote start on my c350. It's been awesome. It starts every time. No missed attempts or "do-overs". Great range on it. I've started my car from inside the mall with the car in the parking garage. I got it in case the wife ever wants to drive it in the winter months, but then she turns around and says she has no desire to ever drive my car...women. Lol. I would get their integrated radar detection system, but I'm stationed in the one state in the union who outlaws the use of RD's.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:18 AM

C350 Coupe
Originally Posted by ESTrader
Did you notice any improvement in handling after the install?
I noticed a substantial amount of improvement. When you turn a corner the front tyres feel far more in contact with the road surface.

If you want a better explanation please read my thread. I probably wrote a good paragraph or two on it.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
I have Mid City's remote start on my c350. It's been awesome. It starts every time. No missed attempts or "do-overs". Great range on it. I've started my car from inside the mall with the car in the parking garage. I got it in case the wife ever wants to drive it in the winter months, but then she turns around and says she has no desire to ever drive my car...women. Lol. I would get their integrated radar detection system, but I'm stationed in the one state in the union who outlaws the use of RD's.
How much was the Remote Start? I hate it when websites don't list prices.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:34 PM

2013 C350 4matic Coupe
It depends on the shop you get it from. It wasn't too bad out in Virginia. I paid 350 for parts and labor. My buddy out in Chicago paid damn near 500 for parts and labor.