Print Wikipost

2013 C250 Coupe Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes c250
Question 2013 C250 Coupe Quad Exhaust

Hi guys I recently purchased a new 2013 C250 Coupe with the AMG sports package and I'm loving it! There's only one part that seems to disappoint me and that's the exhaust....It's a single exhaust and makes the car look unsymmetrical and I have been thinking of making it a quad.

What are some pros and cons on doing such a thing? I am also looking on replacing the stock spoiler with a carbon fibre one. How would I go on about doing any of these?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:06 AM

C350
DO IT!!! Buy a spoiler from ebay, take off your old one by heating it with a hairdryer and it should come right off with a some force!! Best of luck!!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:30 PM

2012 C350 Black with Red Leather, 1973 911
Adding a twin exhaust to a c250 would just add more weight to the car and it will probably make your car a bit slower.
I do hear from others that adding AMG badging to a non AMG car makes the car faster.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:50 PM

2013 Mercedes c250
I took it to speed syndicate and they said that it would actually make the car a bit faster but it might feel like its heavy. Lol I do not intend on adding an AMG badge to a non AMG car, I just want to add the quad because it's just super sexy.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:06 PM

2013 C250 Coupe
It seems kinda ricey to me and I think the C-coupe deserves better, but to each his own I guess...
Old 03-10-2013, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C Coupe
To each his own. The car looks very unsymmetrical with a single exhaust. Even the 328i looks bad with it. Actually, ALL cars look bad with it unless the single exhaust is in the dead center. But then again, my artistic self isn't very artistic at all.

Op, go for it. As for power increase, that'll depend on the design of the exhaust. If you really care about power, which I don't think you should as exhaust is for sound more than power, then you can see if there's independent dyno graphs of aftermarket exhausts, and tell your exhaust shop to fabricate a custom exhaust identical to it. If you really want power, look towards other mods such as changing the downpipe, header, getting a tune etc, not exhaust...

PM me if you're looking for a pair of quad tips. I have one.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:41 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Taghipour
Hi guys I recently purchased a new 2013 C250 Coupe with the AMG sports package and I'm loving it! There's only one part that seems to disappoint me and that's the exhaust....It's a single exhaust and makes the car look unsymmetrical and I have been thinking of making it a quad.

What are some pros and cons on doing such a thing? I am also looking on replacing the stock spoiler with a carbon fibre one. How would I go on about doing any of these?
Totally agree with the unsymmetrical look of any single exhaust outlet vehicle, it's a growing trend now for most car manufacturers to provide dual or quad or shaped/blended in tailpipes either side or mid mounted to finish off the rear end of the vehicle as nicely as the front end throughout the model range and not just certain variants, MB has started to do exactly that with all of their new forthcoming models

Do a quick search here as there are many other threads on the topic and you should be able to extract the useful information and disregard the trolls

All else failing doing some research over the net will show up alot more on the topic, hopefully you'll be able to get the set up your wanting, also remember this MB variant is new and in time there should be lots more available
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM

C350
Can you upload a sound clip of your exhaust and can you downshift rev match a few times? They say the c250 exhust is louder then the c350. I would like to confirm this!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts
X3 M40i
Damn there are so many trolls in C Coupe forums.

Get an exhaust and don't worry about others. To each there own with the preferences on either doing a quad look or C350 look. The stock exhaust has a resonator and muffler, if you replace the OEM exhaust with one muffler and straight pipes, you are actually saving weight. Turbos always benefit from free flowing exhaust, so any improvement (not ebay mufflers) will give you gains.

Search the forums for exhaust upgrades. I also did an exhaust upgrade. Search for my exhaust thread.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 PM

2013 c250 sport
Yeah

Do it. That would be cool. I'm interested in how this turns out. I'm also annoyed by how unsymmetrical it is, that's my main dislike about this car.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:11 PM

99' Lexus RX300-retired, 01' BMW 330i
I think the dual exhaust should be standard for C250.

The pre-facelift C300 sedan has dual exhaust and even the new CLA 250 (cheaper than C250) has dual exhaust too...not fair!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:38 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Showa
I think the dual exhaust should be standard for C250.

The pre-facelift C300 sedan has dual exhaust and even the new CLA 250 (cheaper than C250) has dual exhaust too...not fair!
Don't worry all new forthcoming MB models and all their associated variants will have dual or quad exhaust outlets

Our C Class coupes missed out because despite being a recent release they are configured on the existing platform features layout of the original W204 model series which dates back a while now.

As you know though everything there under the vehicle is the same on all variants to proceed with the installation of a dual or other system type for those that want to
Old 03-21-2013, 04:21 AM

2013 Mercedes c250
Yeah I think I'm going to just do it despite the warranty and all. My previous car was a 2009 Lexus IS250 and I never came about to using the warranty on it and I know German cars are monsters to begin with so I think I should be fine. Talked to speed syndicate and they said that they'll instal the magna flow and with labour it'll come down to $900. Now this is only for the setup and does not include the diffuser that I will have to buy along with the tips and carbon fibre spoiler. I'm thinking everything all together should come down to a good $1600 and that doesnt include shipping. You guys think it's worth it or am I being ripped off?
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
I just did the quad tip conversion and x-pipe install today on my C350. Whatever you do with your exhaust adds personality to your car.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM

'08 G37s coupe, '12 C350coupe
Originally Posted by AV1
Don't worry all new forthcoming MB models and all their associated variants will have dual or quad exhaust outlets
how do you know that? you'd be surprised how often i've heard of women looking into beemers spending that extra several thousand to have the dual exhaust of the 335 versus the single exhaust 328. For a model that offers a bigger engine, a small change like that could gross the company more money from a customer population that cares little about performance. it makes sense for them to distinguish the two models aesthetically

Last edited by MaDd; 03-23-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Yeah I think I'm going to just do it despite the warranty and all. My previous car was a 2009 Lexus IS250 and I never came about to using the warranty on it and I know German cars are monsters to begin with so I think I should be fine. Talked to speed syndicate and they said that they'll instal the magna flow and with labour it'll come down to $900. Now this is only for the setup and does not include the diffuser that I will have to buy along with the tips and carbon fibre spoiler. I'm thinking everything all together should come down to a good $1600 and that doesnt include shipping. You guys think it's worth it or am I being ripped off?
Sounds good, go for it

Not sure about warranty issues you may have but AFAIK in all markets if you only change or swap out axle back of the system (which is all you need to do to convert to a dual or quad tip set up) then that will not affect your factory warranty

Originally Posted by MaDd
how do you know that? you'd be surprised how often i've heard of women looking into beemers spending that extra several thousand to have the dual exhaust of the 335 versus the single exhaust 328. For a model that offers a bigger engine, a small change like that could gross the company more money from a customer population that cares little about performance. it makes sense for them to distinguish the two models aesthetically
You correct on that last point, it is the reason why manufacturers add things like that to the finish of their model ranges to help justify the higher price point of lower and higher model variants, if they looked totally the same externally it wouldn't help them in that regard.

But it's a growing trend these days and even much cheaper vehicle brands are finishing off their cars in neat symmetrical exhaust layouts on their lower end models with shapped tips and even fully gloss painted diffusors, eg. Hyudais and Toyotas which adds alot of aesthetic appeal to those vehicles

MB has now started to add dual exhaust layouts on their new low end models ie. A & B Class on those model variants which normally previously had only a single outlet, from what I've been told in conversations with some MB reps I always touch base with that trend will continue with most if not all forthcoming new MB models
Old 03-26-2013, 05:43 AM

2013 Mercedes c250
Originally Posted by capt_paul
I just did the quad tip conversion and x-pipe install today on my C350. Whatever you do with your exhaust adds personality to your car.
How much did it cost you and did you get the parts off ebay? Also, any chance you could post some pics?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
2013 C350 Coupe, 2005 C230K Kleemann Sedan, 2013 GLK350 4matic
How much did it cost you and did you get the parts off ebay? Also, any chance you could post some pics?
I will add the pics and info under a new thread....don't want to hijack this thread.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM

C350 4Matic Coupe
does anyone have the OEM part number for the c63 diffuser and brackets for the c63 diffuser? screw wheels ima just do an exhaust
Old 05-22-2013, 08:03 PM

2013 Mercedes Benz C250
I have a 2013 C250 w/sport package AMG 18" RIMS and I love it. I was so ready to start the modifications so, I went to MIDAS muffler and they did the Y muffler modification with dual tips Look awesome but within 15-20 mins the engine light came up. The obdcii computer delete the error code , but the light kept coming back on like every 20 mins... So they put the original muffler back. One of the authorized MB technician told me that that modification will void the warranty( something about backpressure and the Turbo) Also I have been told that if I do the Y modification I will lose power ... Well I decided to live without the muffler modification and decide to upgrade the Rims so I tried the 19" enkei racing black rims but the tire rub most of the times. The Tech at MB dealer told me the car is factory lowered.... WTH? So far all the modifications I want it to do failed big time....... I see some post that people do the Y modification and bigger rims and no problem. So to all the Big guns here I 'll need all the help I can get to modify my car... Thanks

Last edited by mipis; 05-22-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: forgot pic
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by sh0ko
does anyone have the OEM part number for the c63 diffuser and brackets for the c63 diffuser? screw wheels ima just do an exhaust
I've put up numbers of those parts before in other threads - try doing a search and see if this info comes up, if not and you can wait for the weekend I'll put those numbers up here or PM you with the info

Originally Posted by mipis
I have a 2013 C250 w/sport package AMG 18" RIMS and I love it. I was so ready to start the modifications so, I went to MIDAS muffler and they did the Y muffler modification with dual tips Look awesome but within 15-20 mins the engine light came up. The obdcii computer delete the error code , but the light kept coming back on like every 20 mins... So they put the original muffler back. One of the authorized MB technician told me that that modification will void the warranty( something about backpressure and the Turbo) Also I have been told that if I do the Y modification I will lose power ... Well I decided to live without the muffler modification and decide to upgrade the Rims so I tried the 19" enkei racing black rims but the tire rub most of the times. The Tech at MB dealer told me the car is factory lowered.... WTH? So far all the modifications I want it to do failed big time....... I see some post that people do the Y modification and bigger rims and no problem. So to all the Big guns here I 'll need all the help I can get to modify my car... Thanks
This does seem to be a problem for some people that have modded their exhaust in the above manner, I'm also worried about that sort of outcome which is the main reason I chose to adopt a high end custom made to suit aftermarket exhaust system to achieve that nice dual symmetrical layout but without problems or issues, albeit at much more expense.

With yours if it is modified axle back only it will not have any such issues, check to make sure the shop that did your exhaust didn't mess with or remove/modify any of system forward of the axle or hardware near the engine.

Those sorts of mods can still be done, but it's hit and miss for people who havn't done it before or if using untried or tested hardware in that particular application.

In terms of warranty I suppose it depends on market place or Country and probably individual MB dealers, as for myself my MB dealer has no warranty issues with modified axle back or mid way back as long as only the rear muffler/s or silencer/s is altered and no other muffler systems are touched.

Again with untried or tested set ups it's hit and miss with what you'll end up with in terms of power and response losses or gains and output noise/sound changes, I suppose if your not happy with the end result you may have to try and use different mufflers or other associated hardware until you get the desired result, or just use the same as some else who's done the same and happy with the outcome.

Search here on the threads as lots of people have done dual or quads with good running results and hopefully get some info/help from them
Old 05-22-2013, 11:19 PM

C250 Sport
I actually tried the muffler delete for the C250 last week. All I can say is ...FAIL. The C250 has a tuned exhaust from the factory. Modifying it changes the spool up and actually makes the car a boatload slower. I was mind boggled when I was thinking that a turbo charged vehicle would benefit from less back pressure and a free flowing exhaust but the C250 is out of the norm. Don't mess with the exhaust. Now on the other hand the C250 does well with modifications before the turbo. I removed the stock ram air intake a placed a 3" cone filter and removed the paper air filter and made a world of a difference. RADO has also experimented with a larger intercooler and has stated that it also has been beneficial to the car. All in all these cars prefer more air in than more air out without a tune.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by giovanni821
I actually tried the muffler delete for the C250 last week. All I can say is ...FAIL. The C250 has a tuned exhaust from the factory. Modifying it changes the spool up and actually makes the car a boatload slower. I was mind boggled when I was thinking that a turbo charged vehicle would benefit from less back pressure and a free flowing exhaust but the C250 is out of the norm. Don't mess with the exhaust. Now on the other hand the C250 does well with modifications before the turbo. I removed the stock ram air intake a placed a 3" cone filter and removed the paper air filter and made a world of a difference. RADO has also experimented with a larger intercooler and has stated that it also has been beneficial to the car. All in all these cars prefer more air in than more air out without a tune.
The general consensus with these vehicles does seem to suggest that if you remove the mufflers altogether you go backwards, replacing or swapping them out with the 'appropriate' mufflers and all's good

With regards to the intake side, it's good to see positive responses from the MB 1.8ltr turbo petrol, but it's not same the case with all engines.

I have an Opel powered by a 2.0ltr petrol turbo and when I modified its breathing in a very similar manner as outlined above, it went backwards in power and response, returned all back to OEM and it went back to perfect operation.

I later discovered that in that particular case the OEM induction system was pretty well sorted by Opel in the first place, the same car has benefitted a little in response and top end power with a Remus rear muffler replacing the stock OEM unit and it also sounds better, however I'll bet that if I deleted the rear muffler all together I'd have similar issues to what alot of other people are experiencing.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM

2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Thanks AV1.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:25 AM

2013 Mercedes c250
Wow everybody has had a different experience here. All I can say is that after reading all this, I am very nervous about the results and I have finally picked up all the parts and my modifications will be done this thursday so I am praying that everything goes smooth without any problems. My mechanic however has informed me that he has performed such a task before and has experience which is why I am making sure I go to him.

Well....wish me luck guys!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 C250 Coupe Quad Exhaust