Need Help Finding Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 07:37 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
Need Help Finding Wheels

I'm looking all over the internet for new wheels and am running into issues that maybe you guys can help me out with. Originally, I was looking at Vossen CV3s but then I saw some HRE S101s which are amazing. Unfortunately, the HREs are $2k a piece which is well out of my range (about $500 a wheel or so). I saw the Forgestar CF5V which is a very similar design and looks great, but I've heard a lot of issues people have had with Forgestar. I don't want to spend forged money so that unfortunately limits me, but I want a high quality wheel. Any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:49 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by JohnnyUte
I'm looking all over the internet for new wheels and am running into issues that maybe you guys can help me out with. Originally, I was looking at Vossen CV3s but then I saw some HRE S101s which are amazing. Unfortunately, the HREs are $2k a piece which is well out of my range (about $500 a wheel or so). I saw the Forgestar CF5V which is a very similar design and looks great, but I've heard a lot of issues people have had with Forgestar. I don't want to spend forged money so that unfortunately limits me, but I want a high quality wheel. Any suggestions?
May I ask is your HRE quote 2k for the set of 4 or for each rim as you say 2k a piece and then $500 a wheel - $500 a rim for new HRE's sounds way too cheap

You may have to keep searching over the net, ebay etc. to find high quality wheels for a budget.

There are lots of cheaper copy brands around but have heard of numerous running issues with those myself.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:20 PM

C350 4matic coupe
Most HREs are about $1500+ per wheel. My original budget was $500 per wheel, but I'm thinking I may have to up it now. I'm looking at Bavaria BM7Ms which are much more expensive, but we'll see.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Most HREs are about $1500+ per wheel. My original budget was $500 per wheel, but I'm thinking I may have to up it now. I'm looking at Bavaria BM7Ms which are much more expensive, but we'll see.
Oh now I read it right

I'm contemplating the same thing as yourself at the moment as well, ie. can't find anything suitable to my requirements without taking the expensive approach like yourself as well - also looking at rims that are 1.5-2k each mega bummer but at least the result should be fantastic
Old 04-24-2013, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
A car
Have you checked out our FlowForm design yet?

https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic...ml#post5623352

-Jorge
Old 04-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63 AMG

Here is our recent C-Class coupe we did on our staggered 20x8.5/ 20x10.0 Vossen VVS-CV3s in Matte Graphite. Feel free to contact us for any questions you may have. We are always here to assist.

And a few more...

Check out this stunning Mercedes Benz C-class Coupe equipped with our staggered 20x8.5/20x10.0 CV2/CV3s | Click any photo to visit the full gallery.

VVS-CV2s shown in Matte Silver Machined

Vossen VVS-CV3s. A nice drop completes this sporty package all together.

Featured:

Mercedes C-Class Coupe
Vossen VVS-CV3s Matte Graphite Machined
20x8.5/20x10.0

As always click any photo to view the entire C-class gallery.

Beauty

Excellent fitment

20x10.0

Last edited by diego@vossen; 04-24-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:53 PM

C350 4matic coupe
I've always been a fan of Vossens, but the style I'm looking for is similar to the CV2s, but you don't offer them in 19s. Otherwise, I'd probably be looking at those. I called about the HRE FlowForms, but they're not available for the C Class until June/July from what I understand. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:29 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
I've always been a fan of Vossens, but the style I'm looking for is similar to the CV2s, but you don't offer them in 19s. Otherwise, I'd probably be looking at those. I called about the HRE FlowForms, but they're not available for the C Class until June/July from what I understand. Thanks for the help.
Agree regarding the Vossens - nice wheels but too limited on their offerings of sizes and offsets to suit the C Class, also interested in 19's only for my car, I know it's a trend in the U.S but I'm not a fan of the 'stretched' tyre fitments which looks to be the result of alot of the 19 & 20" wheel offerings for the C Class.

HRE flow form is another nice wheel, everything they do is nice matter of fact, but it's only available in that one design at the moment which IMO is more suited or a better compliment to BMW's and Porsche's than MB's.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A car
I called about the HRE FlowForms, but they're not available for the C Class until June/July from what I understand. Thanks for the help.
We've updated our inventory to reflect availability for the C-Class. TAG Motorsports has FlowForm wheels in stock, if you are interested.

-Jorge
Old 04-26-2013, 08:47 AM

C350 4matic coupe
Interesting, I called yesterday and was told from HRE directly that the C class wheels wouldn't be ready for another month. Ill check out the link. Any info on weight? Also, I heard another design is coming out in addition to the current mesh, do you know what it'll be?
Old 04-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

A car
Interesting, I called yesterday and was told from HRE directly that the C class wheels wouldn't be ready for another month. Ill check out the link. Any info on weight? Also, I heard another design is coming out in addition to the current mesh, do you know what it'll be?
Inventory is updated weekly so it may not immediately reflect what's in stock. As for weights, to give you an idea, a 19x9.5 FlowForm weighs roughly about ~23lbs and for the moment, we do not have plans to add another design.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jorge