Buying a c350 4matic coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2013 | 05:33 PM

G35x
Question Buying a c350 4matic coupe

Currently have the current gen g35x sedan. Looking to buy a c350 4matic coupe base model in Canada. I have some questions.

The sedan is getting a full redesign next year, when is the coupe supposed to be replaced as it was released last year?

Is the c class reliable?

What is the general maintenance cost?

The base sound system is audio 20. Does it work with an iPhone or iPod with the USB plug or Bluetooth? Will I be able to change songs through the interface?

How much below msrp can I get in Canada?

I looked at getting a 335i xdrive, the engine sounds great,but I am not a fan of the interior. The 2014 Lexus IS is fun to drive but the exterior is ugly.
Old 06-26-2013 | 06:18 PM

C350 4matic coupe
I have one and it's fully loaded so I can't answer a whole lot of your questions, but I'm very happy with it. As far as reliability, your mileage may vary but I've been very lucky. I did have an O2 sensor go but it was replaced for free under warranty. My guess is that if they're redesigning the sedan that the could would follow suit soon after if not at the same time. As far as optioning, I highly recommend getting the multimedia package, lighting package and leather seating package in that order. They're all very worth it and it's better to spend a bit more now then wish you had done it later.
Old 06-27-2013 | 10:53 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
I just got my c350 4matic coupe earlier this year (February), and I've been extremely happy with it. No issues so far, and it's been an absolute pleasure to own and drive. Maintenance costs have been fairly low to me, as I haven't had to bring it in for anything. Service A is fairly costly (I think it's $260-300 ish?), but you don't need to do that until you hit 10k miles or 1 year I believe. Considering normally with my previous cars I'd change my oil every 5k miles (costing me ~$100 each time), it's not that much more than I expected it to be.

Generally, MB tends to take another year or so before they do anything with the coupe as opposed to the sedan; the coupe probably won't be refreshed/replaced until 2015 (based on my own speculation and what I've seen/heard).

I don't really know anything about the Audio 20 system, as my coupe was fully loaded (minus parking assist). I can tell you, however, that with the upgraded Harmon Kardon system, there is a plug for an iPhone/iPod, as well as USB input and Bluetooth capabilities. Plus the sound on the HK system is phenomenal, so I'd get that if I were you

As I'm in the US, I can't really answer your question about prices in Canada.. I do agree with you that the BMW interior is sub-par though. Hopefully I was able to help - let me know if you have any more questions!
Old 06-27-2013 | 07:14 PM

G35x
Thanks for the responses.

How many km or miles was you car at delivery?

My dealer says its all approx 90km. All my previous cars were delivered under 20km. Does that sounds normal?
Old 06-28-2013 | 02:18 AM

C350 4matic coupe
Mine was about 26-32 mi to be somewhat exact, so 50 km? 90 is on the higher end, but maybe different per country, hard to say.
Old 06-28-2013 | 09:43 AM

2013 C350 4MATIC Coupe
If I remember correctly, mine was ~4 miles at delivery. 90km does sound rather high..
Old 06-28-2013 | 03:13 PM

2017 GLC300 / 2021 C300
All three of my new C series purchased new were about 4 miles. They all came through the port of Baltimore and had not been test driven. 90km sounds like the car was exchanged by a dealer and driven instead of trucked.
Old 06-29-2013 | 12:34 PM

C350 4Matic Coupe
I bought a 2013 C350 in Ontario and the dealer said it could have up to 90 km on it upon delivery. It had much less than that, so I believe 90 km is more an up to limit that dealers quote.

Looking at reliability reports in the U.S., the C class is more reliable than BMW, Cadillac, and Audi, but not quite up to Lexus reliability.

Your discount that you can get is going to vary a lot depending on when you are buying - in November and December there is usually a push on to "outsell" BMW so some aggressive pricing may go through. In July, with 2014 models coming out soon the price paid for a 2013 should be even less. Sometimes, buying near the end of the month helps as salesmen are more eager to meet month end targets.

I have the Harmon Kardon Logic 7 audio and have found it to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the car, so I can't comment on the base audio.