C250 water leaks into car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes C250
C250 water leaks into car

So,

I’ve got a 2012 C250. Whenever it rains hard, I usually get water that leaks in through the top center light control, in front of the rear view mirror. It also gets wet all along the inside in front of the windshield and down to the A pillars. I did some tests and it seems the water comes in from this gap in between the windshield and roof. I poured water into that gap, which then showed signs of water in the inside. Is there some way I can remedy this? I was thinking of filling this gap with black silicon, but any advice would help.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
Any Fix?

Originally Posted by Vinay Kumar
So,

I’ve got a 2012 C250. Whenever it rains hard, I usually get water that leaks in through the top center light control, in front of the rear view mirror. It also gets wet all along the inside in front of the windshield and down to the A pillars. I did some tests and it seems the water comes in from this gap in between the windshield and roof. I poured water into that gap, which then showed signs of water in the inside. Is there some way I can remedy this? I was thinking of filling this gap with black silicon, but any advice would help.

I have the same exact issue with my 2013 MB c250 Coupe, it is leaking water onto the passenger seat, localized it to the passenger area. I think this is a known issue but sadly we’re all out of warranty at this point. Have you remedied the problem?

PS. Do not fill that line with silicone, it can expand and contract with the weather and could create a larger problem.
The following users liked this post:
Yogirldee (10-25-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 09:04 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes C250 Coupe
The Mercedes C250 Coupe and weather issues.............

The CPO C250 coupe is now driven by my new wife. She never has mentioned any leaks. We are getting close to the end of the extended warranty. I sure hope that no leaks occur prior parting with this beautiful little coupe. Actually - now that I think about it, we really have not received very much rain in the last few years.......................

ez
Old 10-25-2021, 01:11 AM

C250 Coupe
C250 2013 water leaks in the car

When water hits the top of My C250 coup waters drips down right in front of the rear view mirror. After reading this thread this is a flaw in the design, I've had cars much older than this one and I've NEVER experienced a leak. The dealer tried to tell me I needed a new windshield and I'm like but it's leaking from the rear view mirror. This should be a recall fix
Old 10-25-2021, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
I saw a few windshields leak on them, it will need to be removed and re-sealed, they often break on removal so the normal process is to sell a new windshield.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:38 AM

2013 W204 Coupe Sport
Originally Posted by Yogirldee
When water hits the top of My C250 coup waters drips down right in front of the rear view mirror. After reading this thread this is a flaw in the design, I've had cars much older than this one and I've NEVER experienced a leak. The dealer tried to tell me I needed a new windshield and I'm like but it's leaking from the rear view mirror. This should be a recall fix

I completely agree as I also am having the same issue a second time. An experienced auto body shop in my area resealed the windshield and that fixed it for 3 months, but now it is leaking again.

No way the shop screwed up because the owner drives a tricked out German car he custom wrapped himself. This can't be anything other than a design flaw is all I can say.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:49 PM

mercedez benz c250 2013
C250 2013 WINDSHIELD LEAK!!!! No bond on top of the windshield .

Originally Posted by Vinay Kumar
So,

TOP WINDSHIELD No windshield silicone on the windshield. Has no bond..

Left side of the windshield has silicone still sticking on… they had to cut on that side

TOP WINDSHIELD No windshield silicone. Has no bond

ON THE RIGHT SIDD OF THE WINDSHIELD HAD SILICONE ON BECAUSE IT WAS STILL BINDED TO THE FRAME!!!!

we had to cut to remove windshield

LEAK WAS CAUSED BECAUSE NO BOND.

reseal to fix problem
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_7080.MOV (10.42 MB, 121 views)

Last edited by labaredora; 04-08-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-12-2024, 10:27 PM

2013 Mercedes Benz C250 Coupe
I am having the same issue with my 2013 C250 Coupe. Did you just go to a Windshield repair shop and fixed it? Also, has it had any other leaks since you replaced the windshield?
Old 06-13-2024, 12:32 AM

mercedez benz c250 2013
Originally Posted by hbrd
I am having the same issue with my 2013 C250 Coupe. Did you just go to a Windshield repair shop and fixed it? Also, has it had any other leaks since you replaced the windshield?
NO I DONT HAVE THE ISSUE ANYMORE ..

TRY TO PUSH THE WINDSHILED FROM INSIDE OUT FROM THE EADGES WITH YOUR 2 THUMBS ..

IF ITS FLIMSY ON FHE EDGES ITS BECAUSE THE WINDSHIELD LOST BOND TO THE FRAME