My biggest fear of this car...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
My biggest fear of this car...

is that an idiot that knows nothing about cars be like: oh lol at that idiot! He changed his Honda to a Mercedes logo and badge! Spotted! Pathetic!

Brcause you know, those idiots definitely exist... this is a big world. please help me get over this! Lol

also it seems like this car isn't very popular. I have a feeling that it's because it is too damn close looking to a honda Coupe. That's the first thought I had when seeing this car when it came out. I know quite some others agree too. Even in real life it's still similar...

Last edited by Vvvvvv; 03-16-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe
Originally Posted by Vvvvvv
is that an idiot that knows nothing about cars be like: oh lol at that idiot! He changed his Honda to a Mercedes logo and badge! Spotted! Pathetic!

Brcause you know, those idiots definitely exist... this is a big world. please help me get over this! Lol

also it seems like this car isn't very popular. I have a feeling that it's because it is too damn close looking to a honda Coupe. That's the first thought I had when seeing this car when it came out. I know quite some others agree too. Even in real life it's still similar...
I keep seeing people making this comparison... Have you actually seen the car in real life? There is no comparison when you're standing in front of the car. At all.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
GLA45 AMG 2016
You just have to get to a point in life where you give 0 fks about what other people think.

You would buy a outstanding ferrari and there would still be people calling you a moron, that if it was up to them they would buy a lamborghini.

When I bought my gla45, someone asked me why don't you buy a tesla?
The comparison don't even make sense.

So my point is enjoy the car and don't put a single minute of your life caring about what other people say. 95% of the time they have no clue what they are talking about.
The following 2 users liked this post by toobrokeforC63:
bweinber (03-19-2017), g8rgrl (03-18-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:41 AM

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
2015 C63S AMG
^ +1
Old 03-16-2017, 12:17 PM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
I've always thought the Accord Coupe has a cool style, but I never considered buying one. My reason for buying this car was its echoes of the completely awesome S coupe.

The interior of the C300 is also far more elegant and functional than the Honda.
It's where I spend the majority of my time with a car, so this is critical to me.

As for its popularity, I'm OK with it not being seen everywhere -- it makes mine stand out. I haven't gotten nearly as many compliments about it as I did with my SC 430, but I'm not concerned: I love it, inside and out.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe (C205)
The market for the C300 coupe is very small to begin with. It's not a functional car like the C300 sedan and more of a "fashion statement" as stated by Motortrend. It's impractical for most buyers, so only a few specific people will even consider it.
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/merce...-drive-review/
Old 03-17-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe, 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
Hapa hit the nail on the head, at least for me. I like sporty smallish rear wheel drive cars, and I am retired so back seat room doesn't matter. Anyway, when with company, I've got an ATS Lux whose back seat does the job for short distances. Just had a 2002 BMW 325 and a 2005 Z4, all bought new and got the coupe because it met my criteria and mainly for its aesthetics (better looking than the other car under consideration - 2016 BMW 428) and reasonable performance (although not quite as good as the BMW.)
Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM

None
Originally Posted by Jesse Jericho
I keep seeing people making this comparison... Have you actually seen the car in real life? There is no comparison when you're standing in front of the car. At all.
yes man. As I said I have. And I've also seen a GLC43 which also have the coupe like rear end. I'm gonna say, if the car has no taillight on, it looks EXACTLY like a Honda Coupe. I wouldn't be confused if the tail light was on, but for people that doesn't know anything about cars, it's a problem.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:54 AM

None
Originally Posted by antigeek
I've always thought the Accord Coupe has a cool style, but I never considered buying one. My reason for buying this car was its echoes of the completely awesome S coupe.

The interior of the C300 is also far more elegant and functional than the Honda.
It's where I spend the majority of my time with a car, so this is critical to me.

As for its popularity, I'm OK with it not being seen everywhere -- it makes mine stand out. I haven't gotten nearly as many compliments about it as I did with my SC 430, but I'm not concerned: I love it, inside and out.
best reply I've seen today! Cheers. You're damn right.
The following users liked this post:
antigeek (03-17-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 05:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 C300 Sport M6
The Asians have been trying to copy Mercedes styling for years. They're still cheap AF FWD **** boxes, when compared to a Benz. No-one in their right mind will drive both, then pick the noisy, floppy, understeering, tinney econo-box instead.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C300 Coupe
My opinion since I sell Hondas everyday and I've sat on both the civic coupe and as well as the accord coupe... the civic is nimble and compact. Exterior styling... nowhere close to the C300 coupe... power output and handling. The C300 destroys even the thought of comparing the V6 accord coupe performance wise, handling.. I've sided them together.. yea the slim lines are similar. But that's where the comparison ends.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - Polar White/Saddle Brown (Premium, Premium Plus, Sports AMG package)
Honda is C coupe as much as a Corvette is a Ferrari F12tdf.