DMP Car Design Ambient Lights don't turn off when car does....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C300 Coupe - W205
DMP Car Design Ambient Lights don't turn off when car does....

Hey all, recently got ahold of a set of DMP car design ambient lights for my non-factory-ambient-light-having 2017 C300 Coupe (USA). Just have the center console, foot wells, and doors. I received the kit with the harness that taps into the mirror controller in the driver side door as well as an ODB2 plug. From this post I understand that the box in the driver's side door is sort of the brains and nothing will work without it which I can verify as for without tapping into the mirror switch the OBD2 port-connected lights do not light.

I managed to get the driver's side door and foot wells installed to test them, and It took me a bit to figure out how to control the lights as for at first they were just flashing thorugh the rainbow and I couldn't change that. Finally I was able to. All is well except one problem, the lights stay on even with the car is off, locked, and I am far away from it with or without keys. In fact no matter what I do the lights just stay on unless I manually dim them to dark/off but I am worried somehow they are still draining juice from my battery. Does anyone have a solution for this?

***Also, one quirk: the driver-side module with a 3-wire passthrough (as discussed in post #18) that connects to the mirror switch I received did not have the little plastic part (aspect of the connector that only allows it to be connected into certain-shaped connections) on the correct side, instead it was on the opposite side and would never in a million years connect to the mirror switch... so I had to file it off in order to connect it to the mirror switch. There are no other 3-wire passthrough ports in site so I am unsure what this was about or if it was meant for a R-sided driver/European car or something of the sort. Perhaps this is the issue?

I did contact DMP and am awaiting reply but will try to keep updates flowing. Just trying to get these darn lights off when the car goes off! Thanks.