C Class (W205) C 180 BlueTec,C 200 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec,C 220 BlueTec BlueEfficiency,C 250 BlueTec,C 300 BlueTec Hybridplus,C 180,C 180 BlueEfficiency,C 200,C 250,C 300,C 400 Plug-in Hybrid,C 400

Not able to change ambient light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 11:44 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are new version available, that does not take up OBD space. Also it can be controlled via BT with your phone or via COMAND knob in the original factory ambient light menu.
the later control method is achieved by activating ambient light menu with OBD adaptr. After actuvation, it can be removed.
The following users liked this post:
jakethelight (07-29-2021)
Old 05-13-2021, 11:25 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Endless Automotive Admin
There are new version available, that does not take up OBD space. Also it can be controlled via BT with your phone or via COMAND knob in the original factory ambient light menu.
the later control method is achieved by activating ambient light menu with OBD adaptr. After actuvation, it can be removed.

So what you're saying is that if I already installed the Ambient kit that was sold to me by DMP, rather than using the Steering Wheel controls, I can buy your Ambient Menu ODB to get it to appear on my COMAND menu and use the COMAND knob??? If that's the case, SIGN ME UP SIR! Lol please confirm before I do make the purchase.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:21 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by Kush Desai
So what you're saying is that if I already installed the Ambient kit that was sold to me by DMP, rather than using the Steering Wheel controls, I can buy your Ambient Menu ODB to get it to appear on my COMAND menu and use the COMAND knob??? If that's the case, SIGN ME UP SIR! Lol please confirm before I do make the purchase.
Unfortunately the kit by DMP is different type. That kit, only works with steering wheel via OBD plugged in. It has no ability to synchronize with original ambient light menu on comand menu.
Our kit is not a "add-on".
if you want to change to the new version, you have to replace the entire thing.

Last edited by Endless Automotive Admin; 05-13-2021 at 10:25 PM.
Kush Desai (05-14-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 09:55 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
2016 C300 4Matic
Unfortunately the kit by DMP is different type. That kit, only works with steering wheel via OBD plugged in. It has no ability to synchronize with original ambient light menu on comand menu.
Our kit is not a "add-on".
if you want to change to the new version, you have to replace the entire thing.

Damn, If I only knew about your company last year. I would've just bought your kit. But since I already went through the trouble of removing/installing... I'll just stick it out with DMP. Can't say anything against them, the kit is working properly.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Sure no problem if you need any other kits, let us know.
we ship from USA.
most our kit can be controlled via factory menu, or via phone app now. It is the latest version.

Kush Desai (05-17-2021)
Old 05-23-2021, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'17 C300
DMP uses BT now for ambient light

No more harness, it uses BT for the ambient light now
Old 07-26-2021, 04:23 PM

2017 C300 Coupe - W205
Mirror Controls

Originally Posted by Cilo C Class
Hey brother, I just installed the same kit. Question, when did you order your kit? I ask because DMP is mailing out a new kit that enables one to change the color and Brightness utilizing the mirror control buttons. In the new kit, the OBD Powers up the center console and footwell lights. If you received the old kit- Dmp will send you new harness. Hope that helps.
Hey! Got a similar kit from DMP with the mirror control. Do you know if there is a sequence of buttons to control the lights? I cannot get mine to react, have installed the driver side door and footwells per the comments on here. Thanks - car is a 2017 C300, coupe, W205 USA
Old 07-26-2021, 04:24 PM

2017 C300 Coupe - W205
Was also wondering if anyone knows / has experienced the ambient lights from DMP not turning off after the car is powered off? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 C300 Sedan
Originally Posted by stakeout5
Hey! Got a similar kit from DMP with the mirror control. Do you know if there is a sequence of buttons to control the lights? I cannot get mine to react, have installed the driver side door and footwells per the comments on here. Thanks - car is a 2017 C300, coupe, W205 USA
Does it light up? If the buttons aren't reacting, make sure the window lock button isnt on.
Old 07-26-2021, 07:18 PM

2017 C300 Coupe - W205
Updates

Originally Posted by jeboo
Does it light up? If the buttons aren't reacting, make sure the window lock button isnt on.
updates... yes it lights up! And now I can control the lights too, dim and colors however I am left with one issue. The lights do not turn off when I turn off my car. Thoughts on that?? Thanks!
Old 02-26-2022, 03:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes w205
we ship from USA.
most our kit can be controlled via factory menu, or via phone app now. It is the latest version.
Hello, do you have a wiring diagram for this ambient light kit you are selling?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18457564261...AAAOSwHKxgoIoQ
option #2

Can you please share?
Old 04-26-2022, 07:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W205 C63S
we ship from USA.
I think you should look after your existing customers before trying to get more to swindle. I make this accusation with careful thought. I bought the following items from you for my C63 W205:
1. 5 front AC vents 64 colors - ⭐Mercedes-Benz GLC C Class 3/64 Color LED Ambient Light AC Vent Outlet C63S W205 | eBay
2. 2 rear AC vents 64 colors - ⭐Mercedes 64 Color AC Rear Vent Ambient Light LED C E GLC W205 W213 SEDAN C63S | eBay
3. 3 to 64 colors wiring harness for 4 doors, footwell and the centre console - ⭐Mercedes-Benz GLC/C SEDAN From 3 to 64 Color Upgrade Kit Ambient light FOOTWELL | eBay

It has been weeks since I have been writing to you on Ebay but not even a single response. None of the door kits work. They are all fairly straight forward but no light from your harness.

The AML module (main module) where wires from the centre console, foot well lights and AC vents get plugged does NOT work. No wiring instructions were provided and you are unresponsive. It took me time and research to figure out the installation details of your kit but all in vain.

Now I am posting queries in other threads hoping to find a way to get these useless wires you sold me to work! I am not hopeful because the door wiring was pretty straight forward and it did not work!

While I am a new member on this forum I have been a car enthusiast for a long time. After spending 4 full days trying to figure your product out, yesterday I unplugged everything and went back to stock. My 2 cents to other members who are interested in buy from this person. I think that there are many variations of these aftermarket products. Some wires get plugged to the OBD port, others go into the Canbus rail and some even need an IR remote to work. IMO it is almost impossible to succeed in installing them without basic support from the seller and this seller does not even respond to messages!

Last edited by Tank1983; 04-26-2022 at 07:12 AM.
Kush Desai (04-26-2022)
Old 10-26-2022, 09:03 PM

W205
Did you ever get the ambient light to turn off

Originally Posted by stakeout5
updates... yes it lights up! And now I can control the lights too, dim and colors however I am left with one issue. The lights do not turn off when I turn off my car. Thoughts on that?? Thanks!
Did you ever get the ambient lights to turn off?
Old 09-29-2023, 07:51 PM

Mercedes Benz c300 4 matic (w205)
Originally Posted by Kush Desai
You should have only 1 OBD module that gets connected to your OBD port.

But each door should have its own little black box, which I guess you can call it a module.

I only did the footwell, center and door lighting but for your front air vents, you should have additional connectors availble for you to connect those air vent lights to that main OBD Harness. You should take a look at Flexx's videos on youtube. He does a pretty good job explaining how everything gets connected and does a walk through on how to install everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzHI...35VvmDKf1BPmBF

Did you receive a little obd flash box as well I can’t seem to get my kit working