C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Outside mirrors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2006 | 06:55 AM

2000 E430 Sport
Outside mirrors

My wifes 99 C230 has a broken spring mount on the drivers side mirror. I took the mirror off ( 3 screws. 2 plugs) but I cant figure out how to remove the painted outer shell off the assembly. What broke was the spring mount on the outside of the assembly. It appears to be a stress crack. The passenger side is doing the same thing. I can pull back the mirror and see the fracture. I have found a few used mirror assemblies but I am stuck as to how to remove the outer case. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2006 | 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by chuckmcdonald
My wifes 99 C230 has a broken spring mount on the drivers side mirror. I took the mirror off ( 3 screws. 2 plugs) but I cant figure out how to remove the painted outer shell off the assembly. What broke was the spring mount on the outside of the assembly. It appears to be a stress crack. The passenger side is doing the same thing. I can pull back the mirror and see the fracture. I have found a few used mirror assemblies but I am stuck as to how to remove the outer case. Any help would be appreciated.
if your situation is anything like these, you might not have to replace the whole assembly

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ghlight=mirror