C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

new W202 owner...........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1996 C280
new W202 owner...........

Hi everyone i just got my Car about two weeks ago.....it is a 1995 C280 and i have a few problems......BTW i love this car but,

the door lock don't work
the SRS light its on
and sometimes when i have it on D and i wanna put it on Park it won't let me it gets stuck so i have to drive for a while and then its ok
and the temp gauge jumps from 80 to 100 while im in traffic

any help would be appreciated
Old 09-06-2008, 07:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rustee
Hi everyone i just got my Car about two weeks ago.....it is a 1995 C280 and i have a few problems......BTW i love this car but,

the door lock don't work
the SRS light its on
and sometimes when i have it on D and i wanna put it on Park it won't let me it gets stuck so i have to drive for a while and then its ok
and the temp gauge jumps from 80 to 100 while im in traffic

any help would be appreciated
Do you know the last time the coolant has been changed? If not, flush and refill with MB coolant.

You will have to read the code for the SRS light, and you should really get it fixed, your airbags may not work in an accident, worst case scenario they go off while you are driving and cause an accident.

When was the transmission last serviced? If you cannot answer this, it's time. 9 Quarts Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, and an MB filter/seal kit.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Mosselman 190E 16V+ C63S+ Abarth 595
for the door locks- open ur trunk take the carpeting on the right side down. find the yellow vacuum tubes and where they all meet together there is probably one that popped off the connector. if this isnt the case u may need a new vacuum pump(if one of the tubes is popped off ull hear the pump in the trunk trying to lock the doors for like 5 seconds, if u dont the pumps dead), or you may have a leak in the line behind your dash which sucks to get at.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:58 PM

1996 C280
Originally Posted by AMGC
for the door locks- open ur trunk take the carpeting on the right side down. find the yellow vacuum tubes and where they all meet together there is probably one that popped off the connector. if this isnt the case u may need a new vacuum pump(if one of the tubes is popped off ull hear the pump in the trunk trying to lock the doors for like 5 seconds, if u dont the pumps dead), or you may have a leak in the line behind your dash which sucks to get at.
i already looked at the pump but i dont hear anything so i thinks its dead
thank you
Old 09-06-2008, 08:00 PM

1996 C280
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Do you know the last time the coolant has been changed? If not, flush and refill with MB coolant.

You will have to read the code for the SRS light, and you should really get it fixed, your airbags may not work in an accident, worst case scenario they go off while you are driving and cause an accident.

When was the transmission last serviced? If you cannot answer this, it's time. 9 Quarts Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF, and an MB filter/seal kit.
is there a DYI on how to do all of these? i looked under the car but its all cover up :P

thanks for your help!