C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

New Remus Exhaust! :]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Remus Exhaust! :]

So I finally did it; after about 8 months of searching, I found myself a pretty deal that worked out great. I purchased a Remus sport exhaust from a guy from club202.com, and just installed it last week (a wednesday i believe). I got it installed for $65 (i believe i was ripped off, this was supposed to be a deal from my dad's mechanic, but ofc the other mechanic would have to say "oh, we need to do xx and xx, so it will cost more; but whatever).

Here are some clips (be sure to click the HQ): Tell me what you think! The vids are of somewhat warm starts (about an hour or two after driving it).

YouTube - Mercedes Benz W202 C230 Remus Sport Exhaust Video #2

YouTube - Mercedes Benz W202 C230 Remus Sport Exhaust

To me, i'm in love with the exhaust note. Outside of the car, from what i can hear I get this low v6-like growl, far more noticeable than the OEM sound. From the inside with windows rolled up, i can hear it as well, especially from 1000rpm to 2500.

I'm planning on doing some rolling videos too, so be expecting that
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 C220
Awesome, how much was the muffler though? I like to have one of those but are pretty expensive. Is it brand new? Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rfoo
Awesome, how much was the muffler though? I like to have one of those but are pretty expensive. Is it brand new? Thanks
Retail price for the muffler is $777.00 at the Remus website. A ripoff, i know. I got it for a far better price, but used. It's been bottomed out with a bunch of scrapes, but who's gonna go under the car and check?

From a driving distance, or even walking closeup it's hard to tell the difference between new and used.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
i wounder if that's the one i sold... hmmm
Old 07-02-2009, 07:50 AM

1994 C220
Originally Posted by thepinoc
Retail price for the muffler is $777.00 at the Remus website. A ripoff, i know. I got it for a far better price, but used. It's been bottomed out with a bunch of scrapes, but who's gonna go under the car and check?

From a driving distance, or even walking closeup it's hard to tell the difference between new and used.
yeah, who would go under the car to check the muffler. I wouldn't mind if it's used. Does it fit directly with the stock piping of the car?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, who would go under the car to check the muffler. I wouldn't mind if it's used. Does it fit directly with the stock piping of the car?
Unfortunately, because of the facelifted bumper (doesn't have exhaust cutout cuz it's non-amg) the piping had to be custom made for about two feet, or else the muffler would be angled awkwardly. They used mandrel bends and whatnot, but they did a decent job. I was also thinking about res delete with a 3" piping, but then my car wouldn't move. Backpressure is a w202's friend!

By the way, don't ever look into a welder that's on directly without sunglasses; it hurts almost as much as looking at the sun. silly me.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:53 AM

1994 C220
Is there any difference besides the sound? Doesn't back pressure reduce engine's performance?

Why not change the piping to 2.25 and look for a resonator that will fit the setup?

Last edited by rfoo; 07-03-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:09 PM

97 C28
I have that same exhast on mine. only thing is i have magnaflow high flow cats and it sounds totally differnt than yours.

when i hooked up the weapon r it sounded real good but codes were thrown.. by the way were in the process of selling this c28 or putting a turbo on it.. gimmie a shout pinoy
Old 07-03-2009, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Is there any difference besides the sound? Doesn't back pressure reduce engine's performance?

Why not change the piping to 2.25 and look for a resonator that will fit the setup?
OEM piping IS 2.25 i believe. And for me, it's the oem resonator, or throw it off. I'm too lazy to search for a different one and such.

Originally Posted by $tallion
I have that same exhast on mine. only thing is i have magnaflow high flow cats and it sounds totally differnt than yours.

when i hooked up the weapon r it sounded real good but codes were thrown.. by the way were in the process of selling this c28 or putting a turbo on it.. gimmie a shout pinoy
Yeah, you've got the aftermarket cats and the inline 6!

Here's a rolling shot of it all warmed up and good to go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtWgYUPHbU

There was a second vid of me doing another run, and on the way back i went too fast and there wasn't enough roadway, so i braked really hard and ABS kicked in, scaring the **** out of me. But it saved my life, or i wouldve gone off a hill LOL
Old 07-04-2009, 01:57 PM

C230K
Under power, that sounds even better than I expected and quite nice. At least from that clip, it really doesn't sound fart-pipe wanna-be at all.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:36 AM

1994 C220
Originally Posted by $tallion

Why not go for a c36/c43 instead of putting a turbo in your car? That way maybe you can sell me your muffler.