C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

water leaks after car wash!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 09:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 C280
water leaks after car wash!?

hi all,

currently i'm using a 1994 C280 and recently there is a problem everytime after a car wash.

i found that there is water coming somewhere and it makes the bottom part of the passenger side panel wet.

surely there is no leaking on the side windows but not sure whether it's the problem of the windshield? coz' i replaced it once 2 years before.
or the water is from the "intake" of the air-conditioner??

Thanks a lot!

Aron
Old 08-22-2004, 02:06 AM

Instructions for front leak repair

Make sure the drainage located on right side of windshield underneath protective cover is clear from debris. It is usually clogged !!

1. Open the hood,
2. Remove carefully protective cover that lean agianst plastic moldings,
3. Insert an air pressure hose with enough pressure to remove debris accumulated from dust or leaves,
4. Go inside the vehicle and underneath passenger's side where legs rest and remove top cover,
5. Remove a second smaller cover which houses AC blower motor
6. Make sure all water comes out and drainage is cleaned out from debris,
7. Check a/c blower motor using using flashlight
8. I do not suggest you take out a/c blower motor unless not working,
9. Test when covers are off if water still comes in,
10. If not, you're all set !!
Old 08-22-2004, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
clogged drains.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
The blower motor is not working on my C220. The car had been sitting this weekend. I looked on the passenger floor and see some water that must have dripped from the underside of the dash. It had rained really hard this weekend though.

When I turn on the blower on the climate control you can hear all of the flaps open up like usual but no blower activity. I quickly checked the fuses and they are ok. I will check the drain after work today. Any other ideas guys?
Old 08-23-2004, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by michakaveli
The blower motor is not working on my C220. The car had been sitting this weekend. I looked on the passenger floor and see some water that must have dripped from the underside of the dash. It had rained really hard this weekend though.

When I turn on the blower on the climate control you can hear all of the flaps open up like usual but no blower activity. I quickly checked the fuses and they are ok. I will check the drain after work today. Any other ideas guys?
there isnt much else it could be... especially if the problem just started and you havent had any accidents lately.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
Last night I found out what the problem is. It is the water drainage up front under the plastic panels that are at the base of the windshield. I looked on MercedeShop and found it.

I took these plastic panels off, sprayed some water and saw that the water level was rising, and it almost got to the point where it overflowed into the cabin, through the opening where air is drawn in for the climate control system. Clean out the drain in the bottom corner and you're all set. I noticed that there is a rubber flap where the water drains out from, no idea why it's there.

There is also a drain in the middle of the cowl there that was toally blocked. I took a coat hanger and just started running it into the bottom, Don't know if I tore something but the water now flows like a river!

Now hopefully I don't have to replace the blower motor w/ the regulator...
Old 08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=michakaveli]Last night I found out what the problem is. It is the water drainage up front QUOTE]
told you.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E300
[QUOTE=ahopeter]
Originally Posted by michakaveli
Last night I found out what the problem is. It is the water drainage up front QUOTE]
told you.
Thanks Pimpin'

I just gotta order a new blower regulator though. By voltage testing the signal from the climate control panel she appears to work properly, and the blower motor runs nicely...
Old 08-31-2004, 01:47 AM

Exclamation Water Leak C-280

Be sure to check a/c blower motor and resistance, which are two separate items and very expensive... about $600 the both of them... the resistance will be the actual electrical cable hooked to a/c blower unit.... good luck