C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

n00b question(s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c43
hell if I know, I am by no means a DIY person, i'd rather just pay someone or watch one of my friends do it, or one of you guys do it and just shout out random instructions
Old 10-02-2004, 11:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 142 Posts
me: 2015 SL400 & 2015 ML400; wife: 2022 GLC Coupe kid: 2017 GLC SUV
that reminds me of a joke my son used to tell when he was little: what do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinocerus? 'ell if I know (elephino)!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by Ashkan's C280
hell if I know, I am by no means a DIY person, i'd rather just pay someone or watch one of my friends do it, or one of you guys do it and just shout out random instructions
youre telling me you cant go out to your garage and measure the diameter of the intake, so i could possibly send you a free intake? okay.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:56 PM

c43
wow good point, i'll look into that
Old 10-02-2004, 08:27 PM

C220
Originally Posted by ahopeter
youre telling me you cant go out to your garage and measure the diameter of the intake, so i could possibly send you a free intake? okay.

Hey aho- I decided not to buy that turbo kit after all. I'm going to waste my money on a Brabus kit and exhaust instead. I'm going to measure my intake for you if Kan is too lazy. Where do you want the measurement? At the point where the intake piping connects to the maf? And I'd like to pay you if you have something to send me- after all the knowledge you've given me I owe you already. thanks-
-sholly
Old 10-02-2004, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShollyC220
Hey aho- I decided not to buy that turbo kit after all. I'm going to waste my money on a Brabus kit and exhaust instead. I'm going to measure my intake for you if Kan is too lazy. Where do you want the measurement? At the point where the intake piping connects to the maf? And I'd like to pay you if you have something to send me- after all the knowledge you've given me I owe you already. thanks-
-sholly
whats up sholly? hey man, give me the measurement of the diameter of where the airbox and actual piping connect. i have like a million parts lying around, and im not sure which is for the 202... if i got it its all yours man... afterall you are the coolest motherf'er on here. of course no charge.

and i think you decided to go the right route with doing a kit and exhaust, i dont trust used turbo kits. and if you really want hp, get some nos, its easier to do, harmless, and cheaper.

and if you can give me a picture of the engine bay, i can see if i can find the right exhaust.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:19 PM

C220
Originally Posted by ahopeter
whats up sholly? hey man, give me the measurement of the diameter of where the airbox and actual piping connect. i have like a million parts lying around, and im not sure which is for the 202... if i got it its all yours man... afterall you are the coolest motherf'er on here. of course no charge.

and i think you decided to go the right route with doing a kit and exhaust, i dont trust used turbo kits. and if you really want hp, get some nos, its easier to do, harmless, and cheaper.

and if you can give me a picture of the engine bay, i can see if i can find the right exhaust.
Not too much over here in PA- awaiting the election... haha

I'll get you those pictures soon. I'll probably go take them tomorrow when I have some decent lighting. Any help with picking an exhaust would be appreciated.

As for the turbo kit, the fact that it was used, and caused an engine fire in Jason's car makes me a bit wary. As soon as he started running it at high boost, bam, there it went. A chip and maybe eventually NOS is as far as I'm willing to go, hp wise. I've figured out by now that making a C220 "fast" is not an easily attainable goal, especially with the lower level of DIY engine mod knowledge I have. Thanks for your help as always man-

-sholly
Old 10-03-2004, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShollyC220
Not too much over here in PA- awaiting the election... haha

I'll get you those pictures soon. I'll probably go take them tomorrow when I have some decent lighting. Any help with picking an exhaust would be appreciated.

As for the turbo kit, the fact that it was used, and caused an engine fire in Jason's car makes me a bit wary. As soon as he started running it at high boost, bam, there it went. A chip and maybe eventually NOS is as far as I'm willing to go, hp wise. I've figured out by now that making a C220 "fast" is not an easily attainable goal, especially with the lower level of DIY engine mod knowledge I have. Thanks for your help as always man-

-sholly
cool, as soon as i get the pics and measurements ill look. i have one in my hand now, but im not sure if its for an ml or for a c... one or the other.
the guys car started on fire? probably dogged it hard before final tuning. alot of people spend their money on turbos, and then all of a sudden get cheap about having it tuned properly... that was his mistake most likely cause a turbo installed properly wont start a fire.

exhaust, remus is a good cost effective method that is a sound product. they actually manufacture exhaust for some of the larger tuners. Brabus, thats my personal favorite out there though.

nos sounds like it is the way to go...like i said, its simple, effective, harmless, and a big hp boost when you want it. think about $1500 for about 150 shot. thats installed.