C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

agenda:scorchie, aho, to whom it may concern

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220
agenda:scorchie, aho, to whom it may concern

First of all, scorchie, are you back in the States? I'm still trying to get one of those ash-tray delete cubbies from you. I believe I sent either an email or a PM to you a few days ago. Please let me know if you still have any of the cubbies.

Second, Aho, man I've been slacking lately. I've been so busy, I never get to post anymore... I haven't seen a humorous post or a battle of words in a while. But, before I get put on probation for talking about non-W202 related matter , I will have those pictures of my engine bay posted soon with the dimensions of the MAF> I've been incredibly busy this week and haven't had a chance to pull out the camera.

Finally, I just spoke with gerry (maybe jerry, who knows) jones from formymercedes.com yesterday, and he informed me that Schaetz, his provider for many of his products no longer carriers the style of zebrano shift knob for my '94 C220. ( My stock one has the shaft connected to the knob, which makes it harder to replace than the newer style twist off knobs) I know I saw a post somewhere ( i think it may have been benzworld.org) on solutions to changing the shift knobs in older style w202's. I may be wrong, but I thought there was a memeber on this forum who said he used a hack saw to saw off the shaft of his '94 OEM knob and then simply twisted on the newer version of shift knob. Does anyone have experience with this or any other ideas??? I hate the drab gray leather shifter that I have now (doesn't even have the MB star!) and want to swap it out. Any help is appreciated-

-sholly
Old 10-09-2004, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Yes I am back... I didn't get a mail or PM recently... let me send you one. May have been caught in the spam filter...

-s-
Old 10-09-2004, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Oh yeah on the shifter, you can get the replacement shift rod with the new-style bayonet mounting. Then you can use any shift knob from 1995+.

The local dealership here has some Schätz stuff left over. I dunno about zebrano though...

-s-
Old 10-10-2004, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Whats up Sholly? i agree with Scorchie on the knob... and the intake, ill check when you post the pics..or you can email them to me. hows the car?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:07 PM

C220
Originally Posted by ahopeter
Whats up Sholly? i agree with Scorchie on the knob... and the intake, ill check when you post the pics..or you can email them to me. hows the car?
cars running great man- waiting until spring to get my body kit from a local shop, but I might try to get my exhaust done before winter since I think my cat may be clogged. (getting a rotten egg smell) I'll have those pics soon.

-sholly
Old 10-10-2004, 01:09 PM

C220
Originally Posted by scorchie
Oh yeah on the shifter, you can get the replacement shift rod with the new-style bayonet mounting. Then you can use any shift knob from 1995+.

The local dealership here has some Schätz stuff left over. I dunno about zebrano though...

-s-
Thanks for the info -s- Couple of quick questions- what tuner sites carry the replacement shift rod? Or is it a part I need to get through the stealership? Second, when you say local dealer, do you mean your local Schaetz dealer? thanks,
-sholly
Old 10-10-2004, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ShollyC220
cars running great man- waiting until spring to get my body kit from a local shop, but I might try to get my exhaust done before winter since I think my cat may be clogged. (getting a rotten egg smell) I'll have those pics soon.

-sholly
why wait on the kit? what kind of kit are you getting?

rotten egg is most likely the cat... you gonna get that too? nice... a sport cat is gonna give you a sweet little rumble.

oh, just to let you know, you can always get the cat repaired... its not tough at all.
Old 10-10-2004, 06:04 PM

C220
Originally Posted by ahopeter
why wait on the kit? what kind of kit are you getting?

rotten egg is most likely the cat... you gonna get that too? nice... a sport cat is gonna give you a sweet little rumble.

oh, just to let you know, you can always get the cat repaired... its not tough at all.
Ah, that's right, I didn't tell you about the kit, aho. Well, there's a local shop here that does custom body kits and exhaust only. Well respected, small place. (sure its nowhere near as good as cali shops, but for PA, its as good as it gets) So a guy from this place (called custom graphics) tells me he has seen my car around before and likes it. I told him I want to get a custom kit made by him; a Brabus replica or something to that effect. He says to me" Well, hold on, I can do you one better." So he is now in the process of making a Computer Aided Draft of what my car would look like with a custom kit that he's thought up, and told me that he's setting up the rear bumper for a dual exhaust. So at this point I say, hold up, I can't afford both right now. So he says, look, I'll make you a deal. You put my graphic on your car to advertise my shop, and I'll make, paint and install the body kit plus custum build you a headers back h-pipe dual exhaust for 500 bucks. After I recovered from shock I was thinking, holy crap, 500 bucks for putting a graphic on my car! That ends the story, and that's how I'm getting a kit and exhaust. I'll most likely wait until spring to get them installed though since this winter is supposed to be pretty nasty out here on the east coast. I can't wait to see his concept though. I figure if it doesn't look like I want, I'll have him make me a Brabus replica and modify the rear for the dual exhaust. Man am I excited about getting this work done though. I think it will really change my car's image.

Anyway, about the cat, I think I'm just going to punch it out ( is this a bad idea?) to get a quick fix before the winter, then pitch it in the spring since the new exhaust will have high-flow cats. Sorry for the long windedness man, but like I said, I'm pretty excited about this.

-sholly

Last edited by ShollyC220; 10-10-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice deal...congrats man. i hope everything works out well.

the cat...dont cut it off. first youll lose hp's...and youll feel it too. you cant pass emissions. and itll trip the check engine light.

i say install the stuff now... i cant believe you can wait... very impressive patience.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:07 PM

C220
Originally Posted by pointman
hey aho- I just took the measurements at the point where the MAF connects to the intake tubing that is part of the top lid of my air-box. The diameter is 1 5/8in. (measuring form the inside edge of the opening on the MAF side) I need to run out and get some polaroid film, then I'll post some pictures. For now, it looks like this: http://www.2phast.com/C36/c36_noairbox.jpg (a C36, although the space you see is where my airbox is located.

here's some more pictures:
http://www.club202.com/forums/showth...e&pagenumber=3
(scroll down- the pictures are posted by Ricerocketsforlife)

Sorry I don't have pictures of my own car, I'll try to get those soon.

-sholly
Old 10-18-2004, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1 and 5/8" okay, ill check it out.

you go to club202? one of the guys on that board has my c36, and another has my c43. funny.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sholly.. 1 and 5/8ths??? i just measured and came up with a little over 3"?!? not to insult you, but you definitely got the right measurement?? i am pretty sure this intake is off a 202..
Old 10-18-2004, 07:21 PM

C220
Originally Posted by pointman
Sholly.. 1 and 5/8ths??? i just measured and came up with a little over 3"?!? not to insult you, but you definitely got the right measurement?? i am pretty sure this intake is off a 202..
We may have measured at different spots. I took my measurement form the inside edge (where the opening begins) of the intake tube that connects the top of the air box to the maf on the topside of the engine bay. I think a picture will clear it up so I appologize man. Why the change in forum name???

-sholly
Old 10-19-2004, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

haha, long story... basically disgruntled gf had access to my email... yada yada yada...you know how that goes.