C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

where's my Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230 coupe
where's my Coupe?

okay i just talked to my dealer about my "MAY production" coupe that was supposed to arrive in june, and they just told me that they don't know where my car is. WHAT THE !@#$ ? i was told it could be another 8 weeks. okay i know my car isn't a 100 grand but you would think that they would know where my car is, no? all he could tell me was that my car was built but other than that "uuhhhhhhhh, i'm not sure." he went on to tell me that the "system" gets updated as it boards the boat, is in transit, docks in the port and is loaded onto the train. BUT the system has no info and that the "system" doesn't get updated that regularly. i ordered this car 3 months ago. OH YEAH then he made me feel like it was my fault because i "custom ordered" this vehicle....hahaha. they had no cars on the lot, they were back ordered for 3 months and my "custom order" car were options that were listed in the buyers guide. it's not like there is someone hand stitching my leather seats just for my car....if i got no options the car would still be lost!!! the guy had no sympathy for me and made me feel like it was my fault.....i'm sure what i'm sayin doesn't make any sense but i need to vent. i'm very frustrated right now. this isn't even half the story but whatever, this is my first and definitly my last BENZ. should have bought another Beemer.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:14 AM

c230 coupe
oh yeah another thing i have springs and wheels sitting in my basement and by the time i get this car i probably won't be able to put any of them on BECAUSE it'll be winter.....
Old 06-12-2002, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
You should call up your dealership and speak to your Sales Manager about what happened. After speaking with him/her, I guarentee that everything will be straightened out and you will be happy, aswell as a repeat Mercedes-Benz buyer .
Old 06-12-2002, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by Accord
You should call up your dealership and speak to your Sales Manager about what happened. After speaking with him/her, I guarentee that everything will be straightened out and you will be happy, aswell as a repeat Mercedes-Benz buyer .
And don't forget to bring a bunch of bananas. Ask the sales manager to give them to your sales monkey.
Old 06-12-2002, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
...And make sure you get free merchandise from the Collection .
Old 06-12-2002, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
don't judge the reputation of an entire brand based on your dealings with one bad salesperson. i've bought great cars from bad people, and crappy cars from great salespeople.

trust me, you'll be happy with the coupe.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:02 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Just so someone actually answers your question, from the time that your order is accepted by the MB system, there will be a code associated with it. At any time until you pick up your car, it will have a code that will tell you where it is. Your dealership should have no excuse for not being able to get you your status code.

I do agree with the general concensus; talk to the sales manager immediately, and tell them exactly what your salesperson told you. They're shoveling something your way that does not smell very good.
Old 06-12-2002, 10:13 AM

2002 C230K, Silver, 6-speed, Evo, Roof, Leather, CD, Staggered C7 Wheels
Hi silentrage,

Sorry to hear about these delays. I agree, call the sales manager.
Are you buying from Lonestar Mercedes?
or from Hyatt?
Old 06-12-2002, 11:39 AM

All of the above
Where is your Benz?

silentrage,

There is no excuse for not having an update on your car.
We get a VR (vehicle report) every morning. It tracks cars from "ordered, not produced" to "current inventory". Oncd a car is built there is a category for "produced, not shipped" then "on the water", "at the port", etc. Your car should be on that sheet every day with your name next to it from the time it goes into production untill it arrives at you dealer. As the others have stated, there is no excuse, talk to the sales manager and ask to see the VR, if your car is not on there you need them to give you some answers to where it is!
Old 06-12-2002, 12:20 PM

C320 Sport Wagon
Angry B.S.

Talk to sales manager! The dealership can access the system on a daily basis and pull up the status code. Your banana eater may have failed to enter the order and is playing CYA.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Sorry about your delay....

You should call the sales manager and notify him of your intent to contact Mercedes Benz of Canada (addresss below).
Calmly explain the situation, and tell him exactly what the salesmonkey said to you. Let him know how displeased you are with his salesmonkey's inept and misconducted service.

Then Call MB.CA and ask to speak with the Marketing Director for B.C. Again, explain calmly why you're calling him, give all the details and ask (yes ask) for a report on the location of your car. You'll find they have more info than the dealer knows how (or cares to learn) to access. Make very sure you explain that these delays are costing you, and that you're thinking about cancelling your order. Mention you might go look at BMW, Volvo and Audi....and see how quickly they get your answers.

Oh...and feel free to vent here. It helped me tremendously with my stealership when they screwed up my order.

**Dont forget to push for a 'dealer installed' CD changer or telephone...in consideration for your time and frustration**

Mercedes-Benz Canada Inc.
849 Eglinton Avenue East
Toronto, Ontario
M4G 2L5
Tel: (416) 425-3550
Fax: (416) 423-5027

Last edited by Rick; 06-12-2002 at 07:13 PM.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:11 PM

c230 coupe
Originally posted by VoyagerDude
Hi silentrage,

Sorry to hear about these delays. I agree, call the sales manager.
Are you buying from Lonestar Mercedes?
or from Hyatt?
i bought the car from lone star....which i'm suprised by what happened because everyone tells me that lone star is great. maybe just talked to the wrong person. thanx for the support
Old 06-12-2002, 07:13 PM

c230 coupe
THANK YOU EVERYBODY

i just want to say "thanks" to everyone for understanding and the advice...you ppl make me happy i bought a benz...now if only the sales ppl could do the same
Old 06-15-2002, 04:18 AM

White C230 Coupe, Leather, Evolution, Panorama, Heated seats, Bose, Factory Alarm
Angry

Hi Silentrage...,

Who is your Salesperson at LONESTAR???
I bought the car from there too..... and I was sooo pissed because my car was delayed for so LONG. I ordered my car May 2001 and I didn't get it until DECEMBER!!!!
They promised that it would I would get it in September when I put my deposit down in May and they kept on delaying it until it finally arrived in December...
I kept calling them and asking what the status of my car is.... they were giving BS stories like that its on the Train to Calgary and should arrive next week.... and the next week, they said that it wasn't in the train but at the shipping docks.... and this was in OCTOBER!!

I was so pissed off... I was gonna cancel and get either a BMW 325 Coupe or the IS300 5Spd.

Arrgghhh... anyways... enough venting, I don't think I will buy another car from that dealership again..... I will probably go to Hyatt if I am buying another Benz..
Old 06-17-2002, 03:01 AM

c230 coupe
yellow fly red

they told you it was on the train? OH NO!!! i just talked to them again before the weekend and they said that they had found it and it was on the train on it's way to calgary. they even said that they put a "rush order" on it, which by the way is impossible (what are they gonna do, mail it by courier overnight express?), and that they got a letter from head office stating that it is on the train and a week away. hmmmmmm should i be worried?
Old 06-17-2002, 07:56 AM

Awaiting a new arrival...
Re: yellow fly red

Originally posted by silentrage
they told you it was on the train? OH NO!!! i just talked to them again before the weekend and they said that they had found it and it was on the train on it's way to calgary. they even said that they put a "rush order" on it, which by the way is impossible (what are they gonna do, mail it by courier overnight express?), and that they got a letter from head office stating that it is on the train and a week away. hmmmmmm should i be worried?
It is possible to mark a car HOT through MB, so it is very possible they did that with yours - it essentially means it gets priority getting through the process. Mine was marked that way, written right on the hood covering in black marker, but still got delayed because of laziness on the part of the transporter. Oh well, it is here, and yours sounds like it will be soon, too.
Old 06-17-2002, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: yellow fly red

Originally posted by silentrage
Silentrage, I still don't think you've done what most of us have suggested -- contact the sales manager ASAP. Have him fax the report to you w/ the status code of your vehicle. Don't take any verbal "excuse" -- get the report in your hands, and go there if necessary to see it!!! Only then will you know the truth. You want to see your name by your vehicle, etc. And, they should have no excuse providing you w/ the serial number since they say it's already built.