C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My goodies from MBenzNL....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004.5 230K
My goodies from MBenzNL....

Just wanted to first thank Steve/Wanda for the great opportunity you gave me to install these AWESOME mods. I personally appreciate your consideration of me and my family. In the words of my family, especially my sons; "This is AWESOME Dad, thanks a lot. It's just like our Hummer now! Your friend is GREAT, when is he coming back?" And from baby Brandon, wide-opened eyes and oooooooohhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa! We love it, thanks.

For everyone else that was part of the Chicago install group list, I want to thank you for your flexibility with our schedules. It was tough coordinating this all but with success we were able to manage and get everything done, with the execption of Bill's armrest (hey but at least you got a new shifter). It was a scare when Steve had called me and said NWA lost his suitcase with tools/star, which we both were somewhat biting our fingernails hoping that it would show up. Talk about a stressful situation, our whole Chicago trip could have been wiped out. But, looking back we got lucky and Steve made it to Chicago.

For all the first timers, I told you "Steve was DA MAN." I was at awe when I saw all your reactions, you were like me the first day I met Steve, amazed and damm glad he came to Chicago. Little boys in a toy store, this time they are just bigger toys - Mercedes Benz cars. Like I've posted in previous threads here, no one else will touch my car except for Steve. I can't trust anyone else, after seeing Steve's work. My MB dealer will only perform the necessary service jobs but nothing else. Steve's exceptional work quality is by far uncompared to anyone else. I've been a "rice-boy" for many years since 1997 and have worked with many import tuners and even with some of the best ones out there, they don't compare to Steve's work quality - absolute best. Keep in mind, I'm one of those really picky guys that wants everything done perfectly, even if it means I have to wait or pay more. You should see my Hummer H2; 7 monitors, two DVD changers, two tv tuners, Navi, backup camera, gameport, etc. you get what I'm trying to say.

I also want to thank those of you that extended your hospitality, it really made a difference for not only Steve but myself. I'm glad to see those midwestern values in you all and glad you appreciate the good work Steve/Wanda has to offer, thanks guys. I'm already working with Steve/Wanda on getting them back to Chicago really soon. I'll keep you posted on that effort but I'm sure you'll see a posting once those dates become official. Again, I'll be glad to take care of coordination efforts again. I'm just hoping if Steve can spare the time, that we can offer some type of recreational event. We'll figure something out.

Okay, for everyone else. This Chicago install comprised of 2 E55 (Eric=euro dvd command, tv tuner, power folding mirrors, and euro convex mirrors Marcus=us dvd command and lowering suspension), and 1 C230 coupe (John=matching door handles, new shifter, ambient light, euro impact strips) and, 1 C320 (Bill=updated shifter), and 4 C230SS sedans (Wally=euro command fix, Mitch=05 side mirror blinkers, bixenons, and clear foglights, Louis=euro dvd command, and myself=see below). Mods were all over the place, mine was the most time consuming. Everyone else came first, so my car was one of the last ones to be worked on. And with our tight schedule that meant working all day/night on Sunday, literally all night. We did not get done until it was time to take Steve to the airport Monday morning. We had one hour to spare, just enough time for to get his stuff packed and head out to the airport. Steve, despite the stressful situations with the errors that were discovered during my install, I had full confidence you would have worked them out and not quit until it had worked. Thanks for sticking it out because the results are AWESOME, I know you agree.

I'm already slotted for additional mods as I have phase IV, V, and VI to contend with for the remaining of the year. I'm sure I'll have phase VII, VIII, and so on. This car will definitely be a "one-of-a-kind." Sorry Sunman, but I'm just trying to catch up with you.

So what did I get installed, I leave that to the pictures. Enjoy and hope to meet some of you again in the near future. For those of you from past installs, be sure to make it to the next Chicago install, that means you need to start saving up now. Thanks again to everyone, especially Steve and Wanda, you know what I want for the next trip.

All 3 monitors, using Troy the movie as demo:

This is going to rock on the road at night, 4 less monitors than my H2, hmm where else can I mount monitors in the W203, visors maybe?:

This mod includes two wireless headsets; DVD player mounted in trunk, switch box so that I can run independent sources (tv, dvd, or game system on each monitor), two remotes, two infrareds mounted strategically, and MBenzNL's signature work plaque:

7inch monitor on both OEM headrests, awesome picture qualilty, high resolution.

Nice setup, talk about an entertainment system. One for me and two for my rear passengers. Damm, I may want to ride in the back some days.

Here's the dvd player that's mounted in the trunk. I'm actually going to swap this out for a dvd changer still mounted in the trunk and then I'll have another portable dvd player that I'll have in the glove box. That'll give me two dvd sources for independent viewing from the monitors.

So the question is who's next to get this awesome mod?
Old 03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 C320 (For Sale), 08 Audi TT
I've been looking for that exact same setup. How much was the whole package? Are those the headrests from the W211 E class? Steve is the man!
Old 03-22-2005, 07:45 PM

2004.5 230K
Made just for the W203, I think a W211 setup is also available. Send Steve/Wanda an email for price. It's an awesome setup, I love it.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
looks awesome!

i dont know about catching sunman. hard thing to do especially for the things he has lined up.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Banned

Missing my beloved Benz
Your car looks hot! Real sweet ride you got there.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
you can add the rear view mirror savv and sunvisor, i have 6.5 but others have done 7". Damn Steve I like those headrests I DEFINITELY want some
Old 03-22-2005, 10:05 PM

2004.5 230K
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
looks awesome!

i dont know about catching sunman. hard thing to do especially for the things he has lined up.
Thanks man! I was just kidding about catching up with Sunman. I do give props to all you "hardcore" MB modders out there, you know who I'm talking about. I guess I still have a little "rice-boy" in me but this time around, I'm gonna do it Euro-Style: Steve we're gonna get to know each other very well as you'll be coming to Chicago very often.

This is a nice clean setup for those considering it. You know who to call to get it, Steve your phone is ringing.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2005, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'01 C320 || '14 Honda Pilot EX-L
Damn Erwin, that looks hot!! I am sorry that I was not able to stay to see more. I am ready for phase 3 myself, but the mod budget needs a little replenishing. 3 more major, and 2 more minor mods on my list and then I think that I am done.

I know that I have said it before, but thanks to you for being the gracious host and for letting my future Benz owner watch TV with the boys, and again, thanks to Steve and Wanda for everything that they do.

See you all next time.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
man, the headrest screens look awesome!
Old 03-22-2005, 11:38 PM

S63, 560SL
Wow!

You've been busy since I was last out there man!!

looks great!

Can't wait to see whats next!>!>

Fais
Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 Navigator
I don't like the headrests screens a bit. They look too bulky to me. Did he run a sensor to the front of the car for a remote, or do you have to turn around to use the remote to change selections?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rotty
I don't like the headrests screens a bit. They look too bulky to me. Did he run a sensor to the front of the car for a remote, or do you have to turn around to use the remote to change selections?
Infra-red doesnt need line of sight with that much glass around. I run a housewide control system and I just point the control somethere in the direction and let the reflections do the work.

There is no need to be fussy with IR if the sensor is well exposed. The only thing to avoid us direct sun (doesnt affect proper front shields at all) and fluoro lights (which seems easy in a car).
Old 03-23-2005, 02:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by IL230K

Sorry Sunman, but I'm just trying to catch up with you.
I'd like to see that - shaping up as a North v's South conference all over again.

I think that Sunman is well on the way to blasting so many mods in his next phase that I doubt anyone will repeat it.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
What about just integrating it into the stock Command screen? ive been looking for info to do this on the E-Class and the C-Class but have come up short. Anyway to do this stock, or is there a Program that can be installed or what?
Old 03-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Nothing MB related (sorry)
Erwin, John - and all other Chicago customers - the pleasure was all ours. I really have to hand it to you guys: you are great to work with! Like Erwin said: very flexible! Always have been, and especially during this past weekend. We really appreciate it.

Fais - just a few more days, then it's your turn.

greetingz,

BigSis
Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 AM

2004.5 230K
Originally Posted by Rotty
It's really not that bad, what's nice is that it integrates well with the headrest which is still functional. The sensors are actually put in a stealth location; in the ash tray. Two sensors one for the dvd player and the other for the actual monitors and switch box to change sources.

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
What about just integrating it into the stock Command screen? ive been looking for info to do this on the E-Class and the C-Class but have come up short. Anyway to do this stock, or is there a Program that can be installed or what?
Actually, since I have the euro command, I already have an AV1 setting via TV button which I get to control via the headunit.

Originally Posted by My_C55
Wow!
You've been busy since I was last out there man!!
looks great!
Can't wait to see whats next!>!>
Fais
Hey, I here you are next. So what are you getting? Did you get that Kleeman setup yet? Keep me posted with your upgrades as well.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:26 AM

Those look great
Old 03-23-2005, 11:35 AM

S63, 560SL
Originally Posted by IL230K
Hey, I here you are next. So what are you getting? Did you get that Kleeman setup yet? Keep me posted with your upgrades as well.
I'm getting the euro dvd command, and uhi kit. As for the kleeman stuff...

The One lap of america is coming up pretty quick (end of april) so the car is well on its way as far as prep.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 Navigator
Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
check out www.nav-tv.com or www.naviplus.com
Old 03-23-2005, 05:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
Originally Posted by miroj
I'd like to see that - shaping up as a North v's South conference all over again.

I think that Sunman is well on the way to blasting so many mods in his next phase that I doubt anyone will repeat it.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
That's the one thing that I LOVE about these forums. Cash just be flowin' like there's no tomorrow. Nice mod for sure!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Guest0001

Love the rear monitors, clean install. Very nice.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Originally Posted by drexappeal
That's the one thing that I LOVE about these forums. Cash just be flowin' like there's no tomorrow. Nice mod for sure!
tell me about it!
Old 03-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drexappeal
Im not sure I agree 100%. It seems that most of the cost is in buying the car and the rest of the expense is in running it. These small additions dont add up to much at all.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sunman
tell me about it!
Now what would be the fun in having it all factory installed and supplied to you as a car with nothing for you to do ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My goodies from MBenzNL....