C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Dumb***'s scratched my wheels !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 12:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C230 SS, 2000 1.8t Passat, Crown Vic with lights on roof
Dumb***'s scratched my wheels !!!

I had all my tires replaced on my 05 C230SS last weekend @ America's Tire in Mountain View Ca. Well the lame kids doing the install appeared to be trying to act like a Nascar pit crew, when I was told it was ready to go I looked at the rear end and noticed they had put one of the front tires on the rear (they are staggered fit !! ) well they take it back in and go to work while doing so they dropped one front wheels on it's face !! and took a chunk off a rear wheel !!! ...I yell at them and they scatter away, the co-mgr comes and scolds them too and says he sorry....he says my wheels can be refinished at "wheel tech". So I come home with a stupid 50mph max temp spare...It's been a week and still NO WHEEL !!!!!
Old 04-16-2005, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Originally Posted by rubenl
I had all my tires replaced on my 05 C230SS last weekend @ America's Tire in Mountain View Ca. Well the lame kids doing the install appeared to be trying to act like a Nascar pit crew, when I was told it was ready to go I looked at the rear end and noticed they had put one of the front tires on the rear (they are staggered fit !! ) well they take it back in and go to work while doing so they dropped one front wheels on it's face !! and took a chunk off a rear wheel !!! ...I yell at them and they scatter away, the co-mgr comes and scolds them too and says he sorry....he says my wheels can be refinished at "wheel tech". So I come home with a stupid 50mph max temp spare...It's been a week and still NO WHEEL !!!!!
Damn, so sorry to hear about that. I'm sure the place he was talking about is www.wheeltechniques.com ...supposedly the best in the Bay Area.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:55 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
C63
Originally Posted by Blake P
Damn, so sorry to hear about that. I'm sure the place he was talking about is www.wheeltechniques.com ...supposedly the best in the Bay Area.
They are one of the best in the bayarea but dont count on getting the wheel within a week. Last time I had my wheel fixed there, they promised 4 days and it ended up two+ weeks.
Old 04-16-2005, 06:03 PM

2005 C320 -Sports package - black / black
Man that sucks........
It seems like if it can happen, it happens to the person that cares about there car .
Hope it gets fixed fast, so you can without the spare.

I just ordered new rims, and have to get some tires mounted soon. I'll be sure not to go to American Tires.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:35 PM

And I assume that the **** tire shop will pay for the repairs?
Old 04-16-2005, 09:40 PM

Flint Gray E63
The same thing happened to me at America's Tire! I don't trust any of those young guys who work fast and don't seem to care about doing a good job, so I always watch them work on my car. I was having a nail pulled from a rear tire and while the wheel was off, the guy that was carrying the wheel dropped it on it's face right in front of me. He acted like nothing happened and I immediately pointed out the damage to him. The wheel was chipped and dented. The manager offered to fix the wheel but I was not going to accept a repair job, so I insisted that he buy me a new wheel. He ordered me a new wheel from the dealer and I got it in about a week. The manager told me it cost them $275 to replace the wheel. In my opinion, a repaired wheel is never like a factory fresh wheel, so I would not settle for a repair...
Old 04-17-2005, 02:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 C230 SS, 2000 1.8t Passat, Crown Vic with lights on roof
Thanks guys for the input and support, yeah they are paying for the repairs, and now I'm thinking I should of demanded a new wheel, I need have to contend with my scratched rear wheel....
Old 04-17-2005, 02:22 AM

Flint Gray E63
Yeah, why should you have to drive home on a spare wheel and be inconvenienced because of their mistake? I didn't want to deal with that and I am glad they agreed to buy me a new wheel.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:17 AM

Thanks for posting this even though it is horrible that it happened. When I get work done at a shop, I'll remember to keep an eye out. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 BMW Z4 sDrive35i M Sport
Discount Tire (America's Tire) tends to act like this. That's why I go out there when they're starting the work so they know I'm watching them and then I stand at the window and observe them as they do it. They tend to be more careful when they KNOW you're watching them.