C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

What's your End of Lease experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230k
What's your End of Lease experience?

just wondering what i can expect when my lease expires in a month. what were your buyout options? how did the dealer respond to mods/damage? this is my first (and probably last) leased vehicle so im not familiar with the process. any tips or advice is appreciated.

-alex
Old 05-09-2005, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Sorry I dont have the answer for lease esperience but I would like to know your experience when leasing MB. I am thinking to lease but havent made a final decision yet. So please keep us update about ur experience

Thanks
Old 05-09-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by kaze81
Sorry I dont have the answer for lease esperience but I would like to know your experience when leasing MB. I am thinking to lease but havent made a final decision yet. So please keep us update about ur experience

Thanks
I have been leasing for the past 10-12 years, and if it makes good business sense for you, then I highly recommend it. MB seems to have a good handle on the needs of their leasing customers and the result is a very well thought program. Easy to get in and equally easy to get out, with all of the issues covered. I will probably examine a competitive financial service for my next lease, but I am not sure any reduction in monthly payment will be offset by the ease of dealing directly with MB. I usually buyout my car at the end of the lease, but even when I don't, the lease-end experience has not been a problem.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:32 PM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
My lease is up in one month on my 2002 C230 Coupe and I just received a letter offering me the first 3 months free on my next lease which I already have on a European Delivery C230 SS which I picked up nearly a month ago and am now waiting for to arrive. By the way the also set up the 39 month lease on a European Delivery as a 40 month (with 40 months worth of miles) lease with a zero first month to account for the month that you are without a car. Pretty neat I thought.

I also just had an insepction on my 2002 and that was very easy. The inspector said they were really just looking for large damage that should be repaired before handing in. On my wife's Infiniti a couple of years ago we were nickle dimed on every small scratch.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:45 PM

08' BMW E92 Coupe
Originally Posted by mikefl52
I also just had an insepction on my 2002 and that was very easy. The inspector said they were really just looking for large damage that should be repaired before handing in. On my wife's Infiniti a couple of years ago we were nickle dimed on every small scratch.
my dad had the same problem when he turned in his Audi A6. Audi nickle and dimes at lease end if a new Audi is not bought or leased.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K SS
What's the deal with the tires at the end of the lease term? Do they kill you if the tire tread isnt "like new"? I cant see buying new tires for a car thats about to be turned in.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by HugeCanoli
What's the deal with the tires at the end of the lease term? Do they kill you if the tire tread isnt "like new"? I cant see buying new tires for a car thats about to be turned in.
Have an additional question about the tire. Does the brand of tires have to be the same as the first tire or it can be any brand?

Thanks
Old 05-10-2005, 12:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 C300, sport, black/black
I turned in an ML in two years ago. They used the credit card test - if the damage (except for holes in the sheet metal) fits behind a credit card then no worries. (I had no damage at all, the inspector said he had to find something otherwise the company would think he didn't actually see the car.) No worries about tires, brakes, wipers, etc... Just pay the lease end fee and give 'em the key. Pretty simple.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Funny but I would have thought you would get a kit explaining everything and with the trusty little gadgets to tell you if damage or scratches are too much! Also should have a tire depth card! At least that is what I got from GMAC when my wife's Saturn lease was up. We just handed them the keys and left! No bill or anything as the damage was all less than the kit allowed. Even had a nice little dent in the trunk lid.... And tires that would only last about another 5K miles maybe!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by HugeCanoli
Originally Posted by Karsa
Have an additional question about the tire. Does the brand of tires have to be the same as the first tire or it can be any brand?
They do note the rating of the tire but not the make. My 2002 came with Michelin ZRs, but I replaced them with Yokohama AVS ES100 ZR rated tires from my local Discount Tire Company since they were only half the cost that the dealer wanted to charge me to replace the Michelins and I only had about 6 months to run on the lease. The inspecter just noted the rating and the depth.
As a side I noticed that my new 2005 C230 SS came with Pirelli Zero Nero W rated tires, not ZR rated. This seemed strange since it is supposed to be more agreessive (wheel / tire size & brakes), a cost saving measure doubt.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:35 PM
taylor192

Just find your local used tire store and slap on some cheap used tires with the same rating and size. There's a place at the end of my street that specializes in just this, he makes a killing off selling people back tires he took off other cars just so they can meet their lease tread depth.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:23 AM

Unless the cords are exposed or the sidewalls plugged, don't worry about the tires.

See this for the lease end info:
http://www.mbcredit.com/faqs/faqLeas...ClassFinish.do
Old 05-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Yin
Almost a Member!

C230K
fix it or not

My lease will be over at this month's 22nd. However, I scratched the car last month as shown in the pic. Do you guys recommend me to repair it somewhere before the inspection or just return it to Benz???
Attached Thumbnails What's your End of Lease experience?-dsc00218.jpg  
Old 05-11-2005, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Yin
My lease will be over at this month's 22nd. However, I scratched the car last month as shown in the pic. Do you guys recommend me to repair it somewhere before the inspection or just return it to Benz???
Looking at the damage in the picture, it's my guess that they would ask you to repair it, or charge you if you just returned it like that. Is the metal deformed or is it just a scratch, it was difficult to see from the photo?
I am a little surprised that they haven't been bugging you to make an appointment if your lease is up May 22nd. I received one or two calls a week with an annoying (voice) automated message asking me to set up an inspection for the last two months and my return date isn't till June 16th.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Yin
Almost a Member!

C230K
Only the paint scratched off, the metal did not deformed. MB Canada called my home once, but my dealer never called. I think I will go out and have it repaired soon since most of my friends said that my Benz dealer will probably rip me off somehow if they see the scratch. Most dealers here in Vancouver are bunch of @$$holes.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:39 AM

I highly recommend you get the end of lease inspection before getting it fixed. They should tell you if you need to get it fixed.

Originally Posted by Yin
Only the paint scratched off, the metal did not deformed. MB Canada called my home once, but my dealer never called. I think I will go out and have it repaired soon since most of my friends said that my Benz dealer will probably rip me off somehow if they see the scratch. Most dealers here in Vancouver are bunch of @$$holes.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:45 AM
taylor192

Just get a bottle of touch up paint and go to town! Then give it a good wax in an atempt to 'hide' it before final inspection. They could miss it entirely or decide that's good enough - worst is they say get it fixed and you're only out $20 and some time.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by Yin

FORKED!!