C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Beeping sound possible for singapore c-class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beeping sound possible for singapore c-class?

Read in some thread that its possible to get a chirping sound when lock or unlock. Anyone in singapore done it before? Have checked with agent and they say not possible.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:46 PM

2009 C200K
I gone mine done. And I am from KL.
It is activated via the Star Diagnostic system.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:52 PM

05' C230 Kompressor SS Mars Red 6speed--1990 300D 5speed
read this... it might answer your Question

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=10
Old 05-19-2005, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by HakkinenL
I gone mine done. And I am from KL.
It is activated via the Star Diagnostic system.
Does yours come with alarm?Think its needs the alarm siren to enable the beep.Dun think mine does.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by AdamVax
read this... it might answer your Question

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...6&page=1&pp=10
Thanks.Check with my dealer they say cant set to NL setting.Anyway yet to see one with beeping here so thought would be pretty cool.Guess not possible.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:47 AM

2009 C200K
Originally Posted by mercs-c
Does yours come with alarm?Think its needs the alarm siren to enable the beep.Dun think mine does.
yes, of course it comes with alarm
If you trigger the alarm and the siren goes off, that means that siren can make the chirp sound too. What model year is your car?

I don't think it has to do with any NL setting (Netherlands as members here mentioned) as far as our Asian cars are concerned. But I could be wrong.
There must be an option in their software that enables the alarm chirp.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:56 AM

yes, of course it comes with alarm
If you trigger the alarm and the siren goes off, that means that siren can make the chirp sound too. What model year is your car?
Mine is a C200ML year 2003.We do not have C230 here.Only 180,200 which is most common and followed by 240 and 320.Dun think got alarm siren either unless install your own.Never seen one here beeping so guss option is out.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:22 AM

2009 C200K
Mine is a C200ML year 2003.We do not have C230 here.Only 180,200 which is most common and followed by 240 and 320.Dun think got alarm siren either unless install your own.Never seen one here beeping so guss option is out.
No alarm? Impossible.
Do a little test. Use your remote to lock the car while you are still inside the car. After 1 min or so, move your arms around (to test if it has motion detector), else, just open any doors. The alarm siren should go off.

So far, I have not heard any other Mercs having that beep here. Because some people feel having a beep makes the car looks cheap.
And others do not even know they can enable the beep. So your dealers may be among this group.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C180K
Thanks.Check with my dealer they say cant set to NL setting.Anyway yet to see one with beeping here so thought would be pretty cool.Guess not possible.
Which C&C workshop did you check with? I find the people from Leng Kee are not very knowledgeable nor helpful. Therefore I always send my car to the one at Eunos. If you have not checked with them, perhaps you can try.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:48 AM

2009 C200K
Test if your car has got the alarm/siren. If you have them, but your dealer or service centre won't do it for you, then come down to..... errr.... KL..... I will bring you to my service center. Cost of doing it RM180 as quoted by them.
But I got my enabled by my dealer, F.O.C.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:41 PM

No alarm? Impossible.
Do a little test. Use your remote to lock the car while you are still inside the car. After 1 min or so, move your arms around (to test if it has motion detector), else, just open any doors. The alarm siren should go off.

So far, I have not heard any other Mercs having that beep here. Because some people feel having a beep makes the car looks cheap.
And others do not even know they can enable the beep. So your dealers may be among this group.
Thanks.I would love to have the beep!I think its pretty useful and cool!Will go do the test you suggested.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by dgwee
Which C&C workshop did you check with? I find the people from Leng Kee are not very knowledgeable nor helpful. Therefore I always send my car to the one at Eunos. If you have not checked with them, perhaps you can try.
Hi Dgwee!

So you from here as well!Did you get yours to beep or you don't like it.Yep, I checked with C&C Leng Kee.Maybe try Eunos or Pandan.Thanks!
Old 05-19-2005, 03:47 PM

Test if your car has got the alarm/siren. If you have them, but your dealer or service centre won't do it for you, then come down to..... errr.... KL..... I will bring you to my service center. Cost of doing it RM180 as quoted by them.
But I got my enabled by my dealer, F.O.C.
Thanks for the offer.You have been a great help so far.I will try to get it done here and if they can't then most likely not possible.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I tried to enable the beep on my C240 last week at my dealership but one of the technician told me some problem that might develop after it enables. I do not know if he's telling me the right info or he just didnt wanna do it and just give me a BS but for sure I will try to enable my dad's C200 in Asia when I am there this June.

Btw, HakkinenL does your C- has a panic button? my dad's C200 doesnt have that panic button. That's the only thing that make me not sure if I can enables the beep or not. Also how long did it take to enable? The dealer here wanna charge me for 1 hour labor

For those who had enabled their beep, Do you guys have encountered any problems? and how long had you have the beep?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-19-2005, 08:32 PM

2009 C200K
Originally Posted by kaze81
I tried to enable the beep on my C240 last week at my dealership but one of the technician told me some problem that might develop after it enables. I do not know if he's telling me the right info or he just didnt wanna do it and just give me a BS but for sure I will try to enable my dad's C200 in Asia when I am there this June.

Btw, HakkinenL does your C- has a panic button? my dad's C200 doesnt have that panic button. That's the only thing that make me not sure if I can enables the beep or not. Also how long did it take to enable? The dealer here wanna charge me for 1 hour labor

For those who had enabled their beep, Do you guys have encountered any problems? and how long had you have the beep?

Thanks in advance
My remote does not have the panic button. It takes less than 30 mins to do the job. I would think it take less than that.
I have the beep since.... 1 month?
No problem so far.